kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6567|Southeastern USA
That why they were tanking before Ford bought 'em? You missed my point about most cars being designed with an American influence, because no matter where they're made, most are also sold in the US. The fags on top gear have the taste of a 4th grader, going for lime green neon mettallic clio's with so many wings glued to them they look like they were caught in an explosion at a model airplane factory. Their choices have the subtlety of a stomach pump. How about we work with averages, what do you drive? What do your mates drive? I just wasted yet another Mustang for the hell of it, and am about to order another brand new 300+ horsepower convertible for a daily driver. My own mother has a one off customized, lowered, kitted, normally aspirated Mustang with 40+ extra horses over the standard GT and a sub in the trunk. I've made industrial art with blocks she's busted. What does your mother own, an Anglia wagon ala Harry Potter? Peugot 206?
It's impossible to compare race circuits as logistically it's just too expensive and wastes too much time to transport an entire team across oceans. While I'm not a huge fan of NASCAR it does have it's place, the whole idea of the huge oval tracks is to allow them to run at 150 mph and more nearly the whole race without slowing down to 40 mph for the turns like an F1 track. We do the street courses over here, too. I live just south of one of the Rolex series tracks (as well as the fastest track on the NASCAR circuit, average lap speeds around 200 mph). I love the touring cars, you know the ones with working headlight and taillights and actual doors like the car is when you buy it, I watch the BTCC an Austral-asian circuits whenever I can, and the Dakkar Rally really kicks. But my point still stands, how many of these teams started in someones backyard like they do over here? How many of your neighbors are building a Focus Rally car in their garages?
Honestly, I started this just pulling your chain and you fell for it, I even said I was being facetious and you still fell for it. My attitude on this is the same as food/music/women/art/films/etc., there is no one best, just different, keep falling for it cocktard.
Just so you know my tie for (imo) most beautiful cars ever are the Aston DB5 and the 1950 circa Mercury.

Chevy's are shite.

And no, you can't have the London Bridge back.

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-06-02 12:44:14)

whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6776|MA, USA

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

Whittsend - You're going off the trail with this debate.
Just following where you lead.  But you are right, I'll do what I can to stop the sidetracking.

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

The original question was why are Americans sports only played in America when the rest of the doesn't care...
Which was an inaccurate and bigoted assertion in the first place.

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

..and you keep trying to have an argument about how big the NHl is compared to any single European Football League.
We got onto the subject of cash flow as a means of defining 'size.'  You were happy enough to go there yourself when you had something to say on the subject.

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

This is not about what is the biggest league in the world and I will concede that the NFL is probably the richest league but I would query whether it was the most watched.
I wouldn't presume to say that it is watched in more households than the world cup.  Europe alone probably makes it impossible.

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

This is how the sport as a whole and Soccer dwarfs (not slightly, dwarfs) American football in every department.
Except Revenue.  All the worlds Soccer leagues combined may make more, but that just highlights how well the NFL is doing.

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

NFL gets a lot of viewrs because America has a big population and since you want to compare this a "single game basis" then the Superbowl is just a final of the tournament so let's compare it to the the World Cup Final itself.....
Which, again, highlights the success of the NFL.  Huge numbers drawing from a fraction of the fan base.  It's very impressive really.

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

See, natural chauvanism to assum the SB, ergo typical US attitude.....
Just out of curiosity, do you not see the irony in saying the assumption is chauvanistic and then saying it is a typical US attitude?  Probably not, as you are wrapped nice and warm in your own chauvanistic assumptions.

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

P.S In that quote from times it says "$100 million players", well Chelsea offered Barcalona £50 million for Samuel Eto'o which is more than $100m so you can't even say individual players are worth more...
Didn't you start this post by saying I was going off the trail?
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6560|Texas - Bigger than France
People like different sports?

No way!!!

People live in different countries?

No way!!!

People don't like certain sports?

No way!!!

Wait, there are different people out there?

No way!!!

What's that in the sky?   The sun?

No way!!!

I respect your opinon, but could you phrase it differently next time?  Comparing Football to Soccer is a difficult comparison.   I'm not trying to draw ire for using "Soccer" instead of "Football" here, since US & England are two countries separated by a common language...

Here's a good quote - Football combines the worst (or best) passions of American culture - violence and organized meetings.

However, because your comments ding on the obvious meter - I award you no points and God have mercy on your soul.

Best spectator sport for teenagers or 40-somethings - Women's Gymnastics

Ps. Reminds me of a good quote from Austin Powers - "There's two things I hate in this world - people who hate people from other countries or cultures for no reason...and the Dutch".
acidkiller187
+123|6648
Opinions better left to your self I like all sports except the one in the Olympics were they throe that big stupid ball down the ice and there’s two people following it on ice skates and brooms and than try and get it to stop on something that looks like a Bull’s-eye [Oh look a piñata Arriba! Arriba!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6790|PNW

I think Quidditch is better than any sport out there.

https://www.duelingclub.com/images/quidditch/harry_quid.jpg
acidkiller187
+123|6648

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I think Quidditch is better than any sport out there.

http://www.duelingclub.com/images/quidd … y_quid.jpg
LOL
BVC
+325|6713
I still think whitewater kayaking is better than the rest of these sports, and there are good rivers all over the world!  Failing that, any other adventure sport or even paintball is fun!

morecullions wrote:

rugby pales in comparison to the athletes in football. football and basketball both require equipment to play and also we invented them so of course they are more popular here.
You don't know anything about rugby do you?  Do you think rugby players run round naked in a circle or something?

Individually, the players need a shirt, shorts, socks and rugby shoes (special studs underneath), and the game collectively needs a field with "H" shaped posts at either end and a ball similar in shape to the ones used in your variant of football.

Unlike american football, there is no forward passing in rugby; you can't just throw the ball up to the other end of the field and have someone catch it, you actually have to run the ball up and dodge tackles along the way.  Oh, and the only safety gear rugby players tend to wear is a mouthguard and the occasional one will wear these funny headguard things, none of this pansy shoulder pad/battle helmet shit.

Oh, and when a rugby player scores a try (touchdown), they'll return the ball, maybe get a pat on the back from their teammates and then its back to the game; no postmodern interpretive dance

kr@cker wrote:

You forgot bury the bone and pocket pool!!!!
+1 for you!

Last edited by Pubic (2006-06-02 19:11:23)

kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6783|Toronto Canada
american football = amazing

basketball and baseball = TEH suck

rugby = ownage (the English national team is practising at my school here)
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6693|Canberra, AUS
Cricket is my favourite sport, but that's my opinion. It's hardly fair to diss a sport for being '...' (replace the ellipsis with any attribute you like). If you don't like it, then fine. Go somewhere else. You don't like that sport being shown on TV? Get cable and change to any one of 200 different channels then.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jack_Danger
+2|6687|America
What I like is how biased everyone is that is trying to support the side against american sports. I also like how biased all us americans want to be but we don't so we seem more intelligent in the arguement. I would like to show all of you a site that I think brings up a LOT of great points about why soccer/futbol sucks XD http://www.soccersucks.net/ So take your time and look around it. DON'T JUST GO "OMG FUUUUTBOL PWNZZZZ!!11!!%#@!$%!@$%#%@!    STFU!!!!"

Anyways my opinion on this is don't be such a biased asshole. Don't try to group all of american sports together and shoot them down in such an uneducated and pathetic way.... nvm i'm just gonna stop before I get way to involved in this.

Good day to you!
Shadow893
lel
+75|6710|England

kr@cker wrote:

.......... AND ROVER.

can I borrow the cluebat?
Can I borrow the 'CLUEBAT' to say Rover has gone out of business. Bankruptcy maybe??

And also, take a look at this coloUrful page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Leyland

Then criticise British car Manufacturing
Fred[OZ75]
Jihad Jeep Driver
+19|6777|Perth, Western Australia
Now for some serious negative karma....

The second most popular sport in the world was invented by an Australians backed by an Australian and saved cricket... one day cricket (1 billion Indians can't be wrong, let alone half a billion Pakistanis, South Africans, Australians, English, West Indians Zimbabweans, Bangladeshis..... and a bunch of countries who love the game even when they don't have a strong national team IE Malaysia, Hong Kong).. the best description of cricket is listening to someone count down from a thousand, you have to get excited when they are near the finish... and for the Yanks there is two forms of cricket... well three if you include 20Twenty.

NFL and rugby don't even compare... In rugby you can stand on your opponents head with your metal studded shoes AND THE OPPONENT IS IN THE WRONG!!! (it's called rucking and is fun to do, not so much fun to receive). NFL you play for 5 seconds wait about for 5 minutes and play for 5 seconds again, and when the ball changes hands both sides change teams. It's a little like Rugby League but they don't wear pads or change teams... and for the Yanks there is actually two forms of Rugby... also real Rugby (or Union) is played by France and Italy, not by my history books ever part of the British empire (OK parts of France where but not in the the last empire anyway)

Basket ball... just give each side 90 points and play for five minutes you know that's how it's going to end up, personally I like watching Netball more, girls in short skirts is just better to look at (and Australia kicks arse... for the Yanks how you really spell "ass", ass is really a mule, ass-hole a hole in the ground in which you keep your mule)

Baseball, OK like one day cricket, it's an excuse to drink beer and not mow the lawn ALL DAY!!!... this is where cricket is superior... five day TEST CRICKET an excuse not to mow the lawn and drink beer for FIVE DAYS!!! Australian and English men have it made, why we probably have better beer too, can't drink watered down cats piss for five days (watered down cats piss= American beer... again for the Yanks who only drink the stuff)

The beautiful game... Football... a game of skill... a game the world stops for... a game that has inspired nations out of depressions... You see a skillful move done in this game you don;t have to understand the rules you don;t even have to like the game you know it is something special. A game which inspires passion that no other game can. Partly because it is so damn infuriating to watch, so many close calls, so much build up, so much history... and still a draw is likely.

But the best game in the world is AFL... Australian rules football... footy... no pads, all contact, like what football was ment to be 1000s of years ago.

begin the negative karma....
deathhaven
+4|6705
I would love to see nolan ryan throw a cricket ball and DARE anybody to hit it
Shadow893
lel
+75|6710|England

deathhaven wrote:

I would love to see nolan ryan throw a cricket ball and DARE anybody to hit it
WTF is nolan ryan? I'm guessing hes a baseball player or some sort. Anywhom, He would throw wrong and it would be dis-qualified.
Jack_Danger
+2|6687|America

Fred[OZ75] wrote:

Now for some serious negative karma....

The second most popular sport in the world was invented by an Australians backed by an Australian and saved cricket... one day cricket (1 billion Indians can't be wrong, let alone half a billion Pakistanis, South Africans, Australians, English, West Indians Zimbabweans, Bangladeshis..... and a bunch of countries who love the game even when they don't have a strong national team IE Malaysia, Hong Kong).. the best description of cricket is listening to someone count down from a thousand, you have to get excited when they are near the finish... and for the Yanks there is two forms of cricket... well three if you include 20Twenty.

NFL and rugby don't even compare... In rugby you can stand on your opponents head with your metal studded shoes AND THE OPPONENT IS IN THE WRONG!!! (it's called rucking and is fun to do, not so much fun to receive). NFL you play for 5 seconds wait about for 5 minutes and play for 5 seconds again, and when the ball changes hands both sides change teams. It's a little like Rugby League but they don't wear pads or change teams... and for the Yanks there is actually two forms of Rugby... also real Rugby (or Union) is played by France and Italy, not by my history books ever part of the British empire (OK parts of France where but not in the the last empire anyway)

Basket ball... just give each side 90 points and play for five minutes you know that's how it's going to end up, personally I like watching Netball more, girls in short skirts is just better to look at (and Australia kicks arse... for the Yanks how you really spell "ass", ass is really a mule, ass-hole a hole in the ground in which you keep your mule)

Baseball, OK like one day cricket, it's an excuse to drink beer and not mow the lawn ALL DAY!!!... this is where cricket is superior... five day TEST CRICKET an excuse not to mow the lawn and drink beer for FIVE DAYS!!! Australian and English men have it made, why we probably have better beer too, can't drink watered down cats piss for five days (watered down cats piss= American beer... again for the Yanks who only drink the stuff)

The beautiful game... Football... a game of skill... a game the world stops for... a game that has inspired nations out of depressions... You see a skillful move done in this game you don;t have to understand the rules you don;t even have to like the game you know it is something special. A game which inspires passion that no other game can. Partly because it is so damn infuriating to watch, so many close calls, so much build up, so much history... and still a draw is likely.

But the best game in the world is AFL... Australian rules football... footy... no pads, all contact, like what football was ment to be 1000s of years ago.

begin the negative karma....
XD again someone that brings up all these good points for the other side. BUT look how much he dislikes Americans I.E.=BIASED ASSHOLE

Notice how he complains about American Beer, and The American word for arse(ass). FOR NO REASON AT ALL! I mean how does that help his arguement at ALL??? Anyone?? IT DOESN'T. It just proves how he doesn't like Americans.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6586|Oxford

IA_Ace_oF_H4DES wrote:

RicardoBlanco wrote:

e.g american football, baseball, basketball (to a lesser extent).

They are played almost solely in the US and the rest of the world has very little interest. European sports on the other hand, e.g Football, Rugby, Cricket are played by million all over the world.

Is this proof that american sports are indeed SHIT or are we missing something?

*I'd like to amend the title of this topic to read 'Are american sports shit?'. The current one is a little too much of a statement and this was unfair. Unfortunately it won't let me.
Hey you stupid assclown, let me ask you a question........

What is the USA's FIFA world  ranking?  5th.......in the whole god damn world.  What is Englands?  10th....... I guess that means the we are better playing "your" sport than you are.  Its gotta hurt you to know that soccer is a distant 4th in popularity over here, but yet we still are pumping out quality players (does Casey Keller and Tim Howard ring a bell?), and have the MLS (although not the best quality soccer), and we can still grab a #5 ranking in the world. Go brush your teeth buddy.

I cant believe you would post this gibberish.  How much money, revenue wise, does cricket make worldwide versus NFL Football?  I would venture that the SuperBowl, which boasts being televised to over 700 million homes, makes quite a bit more than the "Limey Bloke Cricket Championships".  You wanna know why alot of countries play "your" sports?  Look in the history books at how many countries have been "colonized" by England over the last 400 years.  Do you think India would've ever played cricket if you didnt set up shop over there?  NO!!!!  How about South Africa????? NO!!!!  Carribean Islands??????  NO!!!!!!

How many places has the USA colonized?  Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.  Thats why our sports isnt played in countries throughout the world.  We didnt Occupy lesser countries for 200-300 years and impose our sports on them.
No, your sports aren't played because people don't like them. If we liked american football we'd play it. If you're trying to make out that a sport is good purely becaue of how much money it makes you are a fool. I'd say an indication of a good sport would be it's popularity.

Last time I watched america play they got pissed on by Iran, who are 23rd in the rankings, enough said.
Jack_Danger
+2|6687|America
Our sports aren't played because everyone else sucks at them! It's a fact. And the sports of ours that are played are by people that ARE good at them! It's a fact just look at it: Hockey-Played by a lot of other countries that ARE good at it. Baseball- Also played by a lot of other countries that are very good. Basketball-A 100% PURE AMERICAN SPORT And I believe we lost at it in the 2004 Games(CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG PLEASE!)

And Vice Versa: Soccer-Americans suck at it, That's why it's not popular here. American Football- No one else is really good at it, so they don't play it.

Also another reason A lot of American Sports aren't popular elsewhere is because THEY COST A LOT OF MONEY. Soccer requires NO equipment other then a ball, two goals(which can be ANY two objects set across from each other), and a field. Hockey takes sticks, skates, helmets, goals, a stadium that can keep an ice rink from melting(That's pretty hard to do in some hot ass place on the equator lets say), pads, and a puck. Football requires a ball, a field, fieldgoal posts, helmets, and pads. Basketball a hardwood floor, a ball, and two nets I guess.

Even non-american sports that require lots of equipment aren't popular. I'm not gonna say to much because i'll admit I don't know a lot about most of these. But cricket seems to require a lot of stuff(I've never seen a whole cricket game let alone payed enough attention to the gear they have to say exactly what they need)

Also these are things I don't really consider sports but a lot of people seem to do so: Auto Racing requires a track and really expensive cars and motors etc.

God damn i'm to tired. I'm gonna go to sleep before I say something really stupid(Or anything else incase I already have) So g'night or g'morning depending on where your from.
Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6653|Prolly on wake.
Wow, ANOTHER "America sucks at [insert topic hear]" thread...how fucking original.

thrilling shit man, thrilling....fucking lamer.
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6728|Sweden
Hahah, check out their hatemail

www.soccersucks.net wrote:

To: [email protected]
Subject: Fucking Yankie Wanker
Date: 07/22/2004

You dirty cunt, do you realise how much passion and excitement this sport evokes in Britain.
I'm English and just would like to say on behalf of my British Cousins(Scots, Welsh& Northern Irish) if it wasn't for the French & Dutch helping you out on your great 4th July then I'm quite correct in saying Queen Liz would be head of state for your upbeat, arrogant, wimpish cunthead country, as in Canada. Never mind though when the French & Dutch got back home there countries got obliterated and burnt out(again!!!!!!)
And before you pipe up with WWII we fought a 6year war on our doorstep, in our skies and seas, the Yanks finished off a severely weakened Country(big bad boys) accompanied by what we had left(100,000 men)

You know I've a friend serving in Iraq & your Pre-madonna Pussy Soldiers(who always need the British Fight, Training, Grit, Determination, Intelligence etc etc in any conflict. And its true to say the Yanks get issued a card saying.......wait for it.......

NO FIGHTING
NO DRINKING
NO GAMBLING
NO SPORT PLAYING
WITH THE BRITISH
CAUSE YOU WILL LOSE

never a truer word spoke!!!!!

We hate Europe and while I wouldn't say we hate America, you have to realise sites like this are scummy fucking things that proves that you think your so superior (remember Vietnam!!!!!!) Try that stunt in Britain and alot worse would happen to you fuckers then that!!!!!!

FOOTBALL FOREVER, NO SURRENDER!!!!!!!!!

You wait till we draw USA in a World Cup(possibly Germany) your fans are going to be desicrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6664
is it just me or is american football a pussys version of rugby? They play with huge shoulder pads n protection everywhere, whereas us British rugby players only need muscle ARrrrrrrrrrrr. ice hockey is the pussy version of crocket. Racket ball the pussy version of cricket. basketball is a girls game turned into a lads game (netball ----> basketball)
spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6559|vancouver

Jack_Danger wrote:

Our sports aren't played because everyone else sucks at them! It's a fact. And the sports of ours that are played are by people that ARE good at them! It's a fact just look at it: Hockey-Played by a lot of other countries that ARE good at it. Baseball- Also played by a lot of other countries that are very good. Basketball-A 100% PURE AMERICAN SPORT And I believe we lost at it in the 2004 Games(CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG PLEASE!)
Okay.  The common factor between hockey-playing countries?  Ice, dude.  And basketball was invented in Canada (which, I will concede, is -- if not "PURE" -- at least a North American country).  Baseball is trickier -- it apparently propagates according to the Monroe Doctrine.  Japan is into it for the postmodern ironic factor (see yer autosig).

Jack_Danger wrote:

And Vice Versa: Soccer... Americans suck at it, That's why it's not popular here.
Nope.  Maybe 5th in the world doesn't sound that good to you, but when more than 5 countries take an interest in a sport, it's not bad at all.  I know -- you'll just have to take my word for that.

Jack_Danger wrote:

Also another reason A lot of American Sports aren't popular elsewhere is because THEY COST A LOT OF MONEY. Soccer requires NO equipment other then a ball, two goals(which can be ANY two objects set across from each other), and a field. Hockey takes sticks, skates, helmets, goals, a stadium that can keep an ice rink from melting(That's pretty hard to do in some hot ass place on the equator lets say), pads, and a puck. Football requires a ball, a field, fieldgoal posts, helmets, and pads. Basketball a hardwood floor, a ball, and two nets I guess.

Even non-american sports that require lots of equipment aren't popular.
This is a very good point IMO, all the better for having been made without pointlessly fetishizing said equipment or the economic barrier to participation it constitutes.  Anyone for a spot of polo?

Why soccer isn't very popular in the States (or Canada, for that matter) is a very interesting question to me.  There was a recent documentary about the NY Cosmos that made me realize how different things might have been, except for a few quirks of history and some unbelievable mismanagement.  Pele, Cruyff, Beckenbauer and 50,000 at every game...

How many soccer fans can honestly say they wouldn't have wanted to see that?
Not
Great success!
+216|6595|Chandler, AZ

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

See, natural chauvanism to assum the SB, ergo typical US attitude.....
I think I might start a thread called "Why do British people always fail to see their own arrogant hypocrisy? Is it because their noses are pointed too high?"

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

P.S In that quote from times it says "$100 million players", well Chelsea offered Barcalona £50 million for Samuel Eto'o which is more than $100m so you can't even say individual players are worth more...
And Alex Rodriguez signed something like a $250,000,000 contract with the Yankees in the not so distant past. For the record, that's more than 50m euros.

RicardoBlanco wrote:

e.g american football, baseball, basketball (to a lesser extent).

They are played almost solely in the US and the rest of the world has very little interest. European sports on the other hand, e.g Football, Rugby, Cricket are played by million all over the world.

Is this proof that american sports are indeed SHIT or are we missing something?

*I'd like to amend the title of this topic to read 'Are american sports shit?'. The current one is a little too much of a statement and this was unfair. Unfortunately it won't let me.
I'll have to argue that the original point of the topic was not to discover why the sports here are only played here, a point which has been thoroughly destroyed so far, but rather to discover why (in the OP's opinion) our sports are "shit." So everything posted so far has been pretty relevant the way I see it.

stacky24af wrote:

Yeah soccer what a real interest. What is there a goal like every 30 mins. or so wow the excitement is amazing. Almost as shitty as hockey. Not to mention the fans dont watch the game they're to busy chanting and fusing with the apponents fans.
Well, no. I'm not a soccer fanatic, I think the last time I played was almost a decade ago in school. However, if there's a game on that I've been told is important I'll watch. It's really not a boring game at all and I know practically nothing about the advanced play. Some people like a high score, that's just fine! But what I really like about soccer/football is that every time the ball changes position, the strategies seem to change entirely. Not only that, but each time the ball is moved across the center, there's a scoring OPPORTUNITY. Not many other sports are really that volatile the way I see them.

Sure, put the ball in the hands of Shaq or LeBron James and there's a pretty good chance you'll see some points, but the tension just isn't there like it is with Euro Football. The fact that it IS such a low scoring game makes each point and each shot so much more exciting and important! You have to be on top of your game at all times because you may never get a chance to come back and tie or win. With a lot of American sports that's not the case. Points are somewhat easy to come by and you often see teams come back from major deficits to pull off a win. While that's all good and fun, it doesn't match the intensity of the game for the full time it's played.

Hockey is sometimes the same way, but in hockey people get hit. Hard. And you're complaining? I personally really don't like hockey as a spectator sport, but hell, if it's on there's a pretty good chance I'll see someone literally lose his brain on the ice and how could a normal functioning American pass that up!?

Finally, an apology to EstebanRey. I don't mean to be attacking him if that's the way it comes across. He just said a few things that didn't really fit the puzzle so I quoted those and made my counterpoints. He's got a lot of valid arguments here as well that shouldn't be overlooked, particularly the points about money polluting American sports, which is why I highly prefer "street" style games, or collegiate play.

However, I do stand by my first statement citing that seven out of the eight English people I know seem to have this idea in their heads that they invented sunlight and the Americans stole the idea. They also helped (Insert religious or non-secular diety/evolutionary theory here) along by providing an exact model of how humanity is supposed to think, feel, and act at all times. On top of that remarkable English achievement, fossil fuel isn't actually from fossils. It's a well-known fact to all intelligent life in the universe that it's the result of Winston Churchill's divine will. He wanted it, he created it, all with a single thought.

We DO realize we're only 400 years old. Do YOU remember that about 200 years ago your empire collapsed here and people worldwide stopped thinking that you were the center of the Earth, then stopped assuming that the empire was right regarding everything to do with world history?

History is written by the winners. You all overseas there won for an awfully long time, and wrote a whole lot of your own history. Now you think that America might possibly be doing the same and you're sore about it? Shoot! We've only been around for 400 years! Our turn.
Daysniper
+42|6653
IF you don't like American sports, then stfu and let us be. You don't have to like them.

Will the loudmouthed british and Europeans in this forum (loudmouthed, not all of them) stfu please.
eagles1106
+269|6602|Marlton, New Jersey.

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

The sad thing is, many Americans don't know that soccer (football to the intelligent world) is the most popular sport by miles.  They seriously regard the Super Bowl to be the World's biggest sporting event....
Yeah, Im american but know that the world cup is the hugest, the super bowl only has the viewers mostly in america watching, while the world cup has hundreds of countries
Not
Great success!
+216|6595|Chandler, AZ

pure_beef_69 wrote:

is it just me or is american football a pussys version of rugby? They play with huge shoulder pads n protection everywhere, whereas us British rugby players only need muscle ARrrrrrrrrrrr. ice hockey is the pussy version of crocket. Racket ball the pussy version of cricket. basketball is a girls game turned into a lads game (netball ----> basketball)
Tell me, does rugby feature 280 pound men who can run a 40 yard dash in 4.3 seconds running full speed at you with the sole purpose to take your head off?

Yeah, I apologize if I wouldn't like to get a shoulder into my face from Warren Sapp without a helmet.

Or how about the now somewhat average 300 pound defensive tackle (if you know what this position is) that bench presses nearly twice his weight falling on top of you when your hole in the line closes up. Would that be fun without some chest protection? No, death by crushing doesn't sound fun at all.

Call American Football players pussies, that's fine. If I wanted to make an uneducated, biased, and offensive assertion that broadly swept rugby I'd say they're grown men with the IQ's of elementary students that think stepping on each others' heads with cleats is a really great idea for a sport. And you have the balls to criticize any other sport when this one is your bread and butter? Incredible.

[Begin Highly Stereotypical English Impersonation] If you Brits weren't so physically inferior to the Blessed Union of States in America (You always say it wrong) maybe you'd understand why we protect ourselves. We're far stronger and faster and than you are, so when we hit each other it hurts pretty bad. [End Highly Stereotypical English Impersonation]

And in case you didn't see before, Sir Knowsalot, it's been shown a few times in this thread alone that your netball was a derivation of basketball, not the other way around. That's just history speaking.

The throne in your country is ceremonial at this point. So, unless you're throwing a party for everyone, why don't you come down off of it?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard