MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6808
Much of the early literature for BF2 touts the new "ricochet" effect whereby if you shoot at armor with a missle at a bad angle it may bounce or glance off the target and hit something else.  Has anyone ever seen this in action?  I don't think it made it into the final game- Much like the laser spotting for Arty, black hawk repelling, and varied terrain.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6797|The Hague, Holland
I saw it happen. Try shooting your Gun at a tank, youll see the bullets ricochet. And no, rockets do not ricochet.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6861|Australia
Humm would appear it does work? or its a bug ive been shot by other tanks in a tank and rockets and what not and heard the bang and all that but took no damage! but as for it hitting something else i dont think that happens but it does appear it can bounce off and hit nothing
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6808
I've shot many a tank with an anti tank rocket and never once saw it bounce off the armor and hit something else.  I agree with Smurfz though, I have heard rounds hit me when in armor but noticed no damage so perhaps it does work.  Anyone else experience a ricochet?
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6770|The Netherlands
arty bounces of trees so when you stand under a tree you are safe
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6778

yeah, all the tree leaves are made in china from metal and are arty-proof.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6781|Cambridge (UK)

MatRx9 wrote:

Much of the early literature for BF2 touts the new "ricochet" effect whereby if you shoot at armor with a missle at a bad angle it may bounce or glance off the target and hit something else.  Has anyone ever seen this in action?  I don't think it made it into the final game- Much like the laser spotting for Arty, black hawk repelling, and varied terrain.
How bizzare - I was thinking about this whilst playing last night - I'm convinced I saw someone utilising ricochet - it was on that map with the three spits of land, warehouses and docks (Sharqui Peninsula ?) - anyhoo, this guy appear to be bouncing bullets of those big red-brown 'containers' at one of the docks!

That is, I'd spotted the shooter  - he had clear line of sight on me - 'cos I could see him - and he shot me whilst I was going "Boggle! How the **** is doing that!?" - but he started off shooting to my right - into the side of the container I was lying next to and my team mate that he killed first was ahead and to the left of me!

It also says something in the manual about reflective armour - but that only in relation tanks, IIRC...
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6808
Yes "reflective armor" that's what they called it.  I've still not seen one rocket "bounce" but I'd be pretty eager to learn how to do it if it was possible.
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6776

fdcp_elmo wrote:

In Dragon Valley, I once saw my arty bounce of the roof of a building, using my super commander-o-vision.

Last edited by [Ahazi] Kaika (2005-11-01 08:06:56)

MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6808

[Ahazi] Kaika wrote:

fdcp_elmo wrote:

In Dragon Valley, I once saw my arty bounce of the roof of a building, using my super commander-o-vision.
Did it hit anyone?  Kill them?  I'm interested in exploring some strategic use of ricocheting to kill.  I'll post results if I can prove that it works.  Also curious how high the "roof" of the arty is in that, if someone is on top of a very high building, can you still arty them?
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6773|Vienna, Austria
I also saw arty being deflected by rocks and stuff several times... omg when I saw that first time, i was like "WTF?", cause it looks really interesting from above...
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6808
So no one has actually witnessed a rocket "bounce" off the target?
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6787|London UK

hmm i dont think so tbh.

I dont think the reflective armour as stated in the manual ever made in the final version

++ tanks that get hit and dont take damage maybe due to bad registery, but I dont think its related to reflective armour.
McCullough
+7|6853
i've heard the ricochets when bullets hit's the ground infront of me. It's sounds like, PIONG tjiong and Wzzzooom
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6848
I have witnessed a tank shell ricochet off another tank. I was in a T-90 (empty server) and I went to a m1a2 and shot at it's side./.. I was shooting from an angle. and I saw the shell then sbounce off the tank and hit the mountain behind it... later on I'll try to get a video of it.
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6808

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

I have witnessed a tank shell ricochet off another tank. I was in a T-90 (empty server) and I went to a m1a2 and shot at it's side./.. I was shooting from an angle. and I saw the shell then sbounce off the tank and hit the mountain behind it... later on I'll try to get a video of it.
That's the type of ricochet that I've heard about... I've been trying (fruitlessly) to reproduce this for a while.
pinky_81
+1|6804|Denmark
I'd like to see the video of that!!
Otherwise the thing in the manual might just be to make the vehicles sound cool and all...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard