thinner44
+1|6817
I was palying on the Wake Island map last night, flying a jet, yep, very unknown territory for me as I never like to fly anything more than a magic carpet... So i'm doing pretty good, zero kills, zero deaths (another new experience), when I see an absolutely fantastic sight and one I need to capture... Now those that know, know I use only a KB and mouse for everything, so I'm flying at a great rate of knots and I hit the 'print screen' button (not actually looking at it, thinking I know where it is).... Within seconds, my puter is 'off', shutdown.. dead as a dodo if you will . After looking through my fingers with an expression of horror, I see the 'Power' button just above the 'print screen' button... no I didn't laugh, I think I was pretty close to getting a ribbon of some kind (like I always am ho ho)

Has anything like this happened to you?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6778|AUS, Canberra
i was trying to run over a spec ops guy in the lav once and i pressed "E" instead of "W" and got out and he jumped in and killed me,
and im not sure what ribbon you would have got with 0 kills?
pinky_81
+1|6797|Denmark
The Aviator badge could be in sight though it's not exactly a ribbon (but close )
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6800
I find I frequently hit Esc instead of F1 - troublesome when you're alone in a FAV and want to switch back from gunner to driver
FLaXCarnage
+1|6794|Florida
HAHA dude thats great i would have pissed my self if i would have done that.
JimmyNoobtron
+-2|6782|Dallas, Tx
Your power button is on your keyboard?
Tyshalle83
+1|6760|Raleigh, NC
Yeah, people who invest money into their computer's instead of just using those dumb stock keyboards have all sorts of cool shit attached to them.

I had a similarly infuriating experience yesterday, but it wasn't really much fault of my own (unless you want to blame me for playing BF2 on a three and a half year old computer). I was playing as a special forces guy on some map (I haven't played very long so I don't know the names yet), the one that is really big with open spaces and looks like a canyon, with the Dam's and stuff. Anyway, it was like, me and three other guys, one was in a tank, and I think the other two were assault or similar kits. We're guarding our base, and I see like, three tanks and a couple of stragglers on foot coming toward us. Now, there are other ways to get to the base than the bridge, but if I destroy the bridge, it would slow them down significantly, and probably buy us another minute, AT LEAST. So I run up and start placing charges. I'm not sure how many charges it'd take to blow the bridge, so I just throw all five. I then turn around and start sprinting away. They're starting to fire at me, and they've just begun to touch the edge of the bridge. I turn around to wish them a good journey straight to hell, detonator in hand, ready to push the button and save my whole base from total annihilation... I begin to click the mouse button....

....and my fucking computer resets. And the boggling thing about it is that despite the age of my computer, it has NEVER done that before.

I was so pissed off I left to go read a book.
JimmyNoobtron
+-2|6782|Dallas, Tx
What's funnier is how you looked to the guys in the tank as you turned around and just stood there, all ballsy and defiant.  Then they killed you as they wondered why you never blew the bridge.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6785

Tyshalle83 wrote:

a what?
Neuronal
+0|6795|Michigan, USA
Tyshalle83 wrote:

thats without a keyboard right?
thinner44
+1|6817

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

Tyshalle83 wrote:

a what?
Yeah I saw that as well, a book!!!! ... I hear they have 'pages' and you can't use ctrl + alt + del if it goes wrong

As for my keyboard, it's the cheapest pile of crap I could have ever bought, and yep, the power button is just sooooooo close to the print screen button, it beggars belief . I'm waiting to take delivery of the logitech G15

muses over the word 'book'
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6779|Atlanta, GA USA
I would recommend disabling the power button on your keyboard...
Bloody Sky
+2|6852|Texas
Well my Sleep button is above my Esc key. So one time I hit Esc (trying to do what, I don't remember, all I know is I was doing SOMETHING on BF2) and my computer went into sleep mode.

Then for some reason when I pressed a key to get it out of sleep mode, the screen decided to stay off for some odd reason (off as in, blinking monitor light, but nothing on screen ... not as in all I had to do was reach over and turn it on).

So I had to reboot. *Sigh* Very annoying.
thinner44
+1|6817
Looks like a lot of keyboard configurations are different, my power/sleep/wake buttons are directly above... capture a fantastic screen shot from BF2, scroll lock... and forgive the idiot that couldn't see the bloody BIG RED skull for claymore and walks right into them ... last night on Gulf of Oman, thank you very much

Bloody Sky, mine does that, and no amount of encouragement will bring it back.

atlvolunteer, cheers for the advice .... You could have told me before the incident j/k

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard