Y0URDAD
I'ma Eat Yo Children!
+17|6644|Annapolis, MD

BF2Craglyeye wrote:

Tyferra wrote:

I didn't find it too bad you know. They're going to have to fix the crash thing and the connection problem thing, but the gameplay is still good.
I reckon they are in over there heads here, and a fix is not goin to come and/or anytime soon.

I just have this feeling.
All this patch fuckup business seems--to me--like some other company coded the game, and now EA/Dice is trying to tweak it, not knowing anything about the code. That is the only way to explain how solving one problem creates a new one, and all the bugs that are STILL unfixed.
Dieselbrad
+3|6546
Nice Ideas on paper.. works decent in game.. when game works.

Tired of installing these fix nothing (no bugs) Bullshit Patches..

Last edited by Dieselbrad (2006-05-30 19:19:00)

Masta_Daco
+39|6735|Amsterdam,The Netherlands
well i have only 1 problem with the patcj and that is when you want to join a server it sometimes show's the ip and port like this (:0) but thats it i just can run TS, Mediaplayer at the sime time without CTD and stuff so i am happy. i also have noticed i dont have lag issues.
vonSteuben
+3|6701|Essen - Germany

victimofdeath wrote:

Thank EA for your excellent work and your relentless pursuit for perfection from the bottom of my heart I thank you and I believe I would speak for the majority of the players when I say YOU BLOODY WANKERS!!!!!!!!
Actually...... I don't believe you speak for the majority of the players.
The normal way it goes with players that are unhappy with changes in any game (FPS or MMORPGs) is:

Unhappy players voice their unhappiness.
The players that are happy or content with the changes rarely say so, they are busy playing the game.

How many BF2-Accounts are there?
How many people voice their disapproval (civilized and uncivilized totalled and only counting every player account once, disregarding multiple post of the same person in different boards/threads)?

If I would get so worked up about the changes in a game or the game mechanics or the rules, I would just quit it. I haven't got as much playtime under my belt as many others have, I am at a cost of (rounded up) 27 cents per hour this game has cost me. I had my share of fun so far. I am looking forward to AF and I will go for BF2142 as well. Even if I would quit BF2 now because of the changes and me being unhappy with it.

Why does everybody who is unhappy have to bash a company that changes a game in a way that the majority seems (I do say "seems" because I can not speak for the majority of players)  to like.

Why throw a tantrum about the changes? If you don't like it, say so (keeping in mind that you can bring a point across better without abusive language) and switch to a game that suits your preferred playing style.

Is that really so hard to do?

vonSteuben
HisInfernalDeath
+23|6723|Belgium
This patch totally fucked up this game. ENough said. Glitches all around, extreme laggs, crashings to desktop, etc etc etc...

Its really sad because all this ruins your battlefield experience. I even saw clans stopping with BF2, or waiting to play Bf, hoping for an all fixing new patch.

Some of my clanmembers cant even play it anymore because of the desktop crashes !! Oh fucking great with all the oncoming wars.

EA and DICE just want all of us to quit playing BF, so we have to buy that crap shit new game of theirs, BF future shit.

Thats my opinion, and i heard this same opinion many times before !!

Fuck U EA/DICE
xaven
+25|6732|Berlin
Ok, Ive been stopped playing battlefield after 1 year of nearly daily playing. I was trying to get this game working again over the last days, but I cannot play anymore, too many CTDs, connection losses, desktop crashes etc. besides the crappy teamplay now. Our whole BF2 squad has also quit. This aint fun so Im looking for another game. K thx bye.

Colonel [gc.tv]xaven
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6559

vonSteuben wrote:

victimofdeath wrote:

Thank EA for your excellent work and your relentless pursuit for perfection from the bottom of my heart I thank you and I believe I would speak for the majority of the players when I say YOU BLOODY WANKERS!!!!!!!!
Actually...... I don't believe you speak for the majority of the players.
The normal way it goes with players that are unhappy with changes in any game (FPS or MMORPGs) is:

Unhappy players voice their unhappiness.
The players that are happy or content with the changes rarely say so, they are busy playing the game.

How many BF2-Accounts are there?
How many people voice their disapproval (civilized and uncivilized totalled and only counting every player account once, disregarding multiple post of the same person in different boards/threads)?

If I would get so worked up about the changes in a game or the game mechanics or the rules, I would just quit it. I haven't got as much playtime under my belt as many others have, I am at a cost of (rounded up) 27 cents per hour this game has cost me. I had my share of fun so far. I am looking forward to AF and I will go for BF2142 as well. Even if I would quit BF2 now because of the changes and me being unhappy with it.

Why does everybody who is unhappy have to bash a company that changes a game in a way that the majority seems (I do say "seems" because I can not speak for the majority of players)  to like.

Why throw a tantrum about the changes? If you don't like it, say so (keeping in mind that you can bring a point across better without abusive language) and switch to a game that suits your preferred playing style.

Is that really so hard to do?

vonSteuben
What he said.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6559
Further more, shut and play. If you cant play oh well. I can. Patch works fine. No lag. cant even notice the tweaks. Ive been playin battlefield since 1942, then moved on to DC. I love BF2, forever and ever.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6559

HisInfernalDeath wrote:

This patch totally fucked up this game. ENough said. Glitches all around, extreme laggs, crashings to desktop, etc etc etc...

Its really sad because all this ruins your battlefield experience. I even saw clans stopping with BF2, or waiting to play Bf, hoping for an all fixing new patch.

Some of my clanmembers cant even play it anymore because of the desktop crashes !! Oh fucking great with all the oncoming wars.

EA and DICE just want all of us to quit playing BF, so we have to buy that crap shit new game of theirs, BF future shit.

Fuck U EA/DICE
Blah Blah Blah. cant say the BF2 community will miss you or your clan.

PS ive been at work for 12 hours now and I still wont be going home. That will explain the rudeness.

Last edited by rawls2 (2006-06-02 18:41:48)

HisInfernalDeath
+23|6723|Belgium

rawls2 wrote:

HisInfernalDeath wrote:

Fuck U EA/DICE
Blah Blah Blah. cant say the BF2 community will miss you or your clan.

PS ive been at work for 12 hours now and I still wont be going home. That will explain the rudeness.
BLABLABLA back at ya.

I dont care about any community or you m8.
And I never said anything about my clan stopping so.. before you carry on working... READ.
LumpyRN
+0|6702
the big problem i have with the patch is that unranked servers cant use unlocks now.  thats bs IMO.  i play on the idiot ranked ones so i can get some options when we play league. dont give a crap about the awards etc. never was interested in them.  i just dont see why they have to punsih those who like non ranked servers so we can avoid the point spamming tards?
xtrem3_4c3_4
+9|6545
i heard that u can get inside A BUILDING in strike at karkand and kill people for ages my friend got a 45 kill streak but had to get off the computer could of gone for ages!!!!!
philipjip
+4|6640|England
Ive had no issue's with 1.3 or any patch, doesn't crash no lag very rarely see bugs so if works for me then all i can say is if your having problems it will be something to do with your system.

keep up the great work EA
Masta_Daco
+39|6735|Amsterdam,The Netherlands

philipjip wrote:

Ive had no issue's with 1.3 or any patch, doesn't crash no lag very rarely see bugs so if works for me then all i can say is if your having problems it will be something to do with your system.

keep up the great work EA
same here working fine only in 1 of the 20 game's i play i get a connection problem but hey it doesnt bother me.
Alpha.350
+19|6574
Overall is fine. Working well, sometimes i get a connection problem like Masta_Daco but otherwise its ok. The squad thing is shit.
HomiE-G-DOG
+5|6535|Japan
I get killed by vehicle drop when im on ground defence or AA or even when im sniping
Gideon51
+0|6534
I like it a lot.  Big improvement in online play.  I have a question though.  I understand it was supposed to include co-op play like BF 1942, but I see nothing different.  How can I set up an internet co-op game so that my son-in-law and I can team up against bots?
Enigma06
+0|6697
I ahven't figured out the co-op thing either.  I was really looking forward to that.
Vin
+1|6540
1.22 was working great. 1.3 absolutely sucks!!! I feel a beta tester and I hate it!!! I've paid for the game and the booster packs and that's the thanks EA gives.
Shin_Seffron
+2|6652

rawls2 wrote:

Further more, shut and play. If you cant play oh well. I can. Patch works fine. No lag. cant even notice the tweaks. Ive been playin battlefield since 1942, then moved on to DC. I love BF2, forever and ever.
you've been playing battlefield for over 60 years??
how did you play it when you started, on paper!?

seriously though, this patch is wierd for me, I hadent played bf2 in 3 months due to work for final uni year then yesterday i go online to find vehicles dropping from the sky!!
I also was awarded Expert Knife the second i entered a server... again was a little wierd after not playing it for 3 months....

Last edited by Shin_Seffron (2006-06-08 04:32:51)

Kurt1942
+1|6540|England
This new 1.3 is crap. It keeps freezing the game, crashing to desktop. I wish I had'nt bothered with it myself. EA need to get their act together on this one or people will stop playing.  The shit froze then crashed on me the other day when i had 140 points and a Legion Of Merit ribbon "NOT A HAPPY PUPPY I CAN TELL YOU"

Posted by Dan1942 (couldnt be bothered creating a new account so used my squad mates account here)

Last edited by Kurt1942 (2006-06-09 02:11:45)

irishk9
His eminence
+1|6532|Ireland
They have ruined the squad feature,I dont bother joining someones squad anymore because it offers no advantage,I just create my own and leave it at that.I cant see how you couldnt have parachuted in to the nearest location of your squad leader to avoid landing on no go buildings,we can call them airborn troops for arguement sake.
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6650|Spokane, Washington

This has probably been said many times in this topic but even since the 1.3 patch, I get random wild ping, lag randomly (sometimes while flying.....) and disconnects (not as much). From what I've seen, its hurting the 24/7 Karkand servres with constant crashing.

That's my two cents.

Last edited by Unclean009 (2006-06-08 18:03:47)

PvtStash
+4|6762|Australia
I noticed something, may not mean anything, but I am only getting ctd's in co-ordination with worse than normal pings. Went through this a few times and it has remained constant, normally I get a 10 ping to my fav servers but when it crashes the ping will be over 200 every time. Go back in after ctd and the pings may be back to normal and then it connects every time without fail. Has anyone else noticed this at all? The ctd'ing only started after 1.3, never had it before except for when I've done something stupid. Bit of an arse pain as it makes joining an ordeal at times so I hope it gets sorted soon. Happy gaming all
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6706|NL
Don't know if this is old school but since patch 1.3 I get no server info during loading besides the (personal) server message.

Another issue is that after I waited a total of 4 to 7 minutes (logging in + searching server + loading map) and am ready for action bf2 just disapears and i'm *slabam* on my desktop.

And a new issue is that when I log into bf2 I need to use ctrl+del+alt and wait till its done with loading else bf2 also just disapears.

One more sh!tty patch and EA/Dice can burn and I wont buy theyre cheap sh!t anymore.

Ubisoft FTW!

Last edited by Poncho (2006-06-23 09:52:40)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard