XISIX
+116|6654
Yes...... My ping rate has nearly doubled on every server.
Frequent connection issues.  Very displeased with Patch + results.
When will it be fixed ?
Not acceptable.
Hurting BF2 francise considerably with buggy releases + problems.
{FRG}-SwissToni
+0|6641
The only issue I've experienced apart from "There's a problem with your connection", is that it takes 3 times as long now to sign into my account. Now that, I'm not bothered about, 'cos I'm not playing then. The connection thing though, is a bit weird. If there *was* a problem with my connection, I'd surely lose 'sync' with the server, right? So when my connection came back up, I'd suddenly be where the server thinks I should be (assuming I was moving). Today, I was a passenger in a heli, lost connection for maybe 30 seconds and when it all started moving again, it was as though I'd paused the game. I can only assume that all the players experienced the same thing? Or I was on drugs...
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6761|Indianapolis, IN
Okay, now that I have read this and agree that I am having all the same problems from this patch.  What can we do about it?  Is there any other way than reverting back to 1.22 and waiting for a hotfix?
XISIX
+116|6654
No connection problems whatsoever with version 1.22.
As soon as 1.3 patch applied - frequent errors so.. .....
seems that 1.3 patch is culprit.

Want to know as well - did EA 1.3 hotfix reversion actually fix anything ?
Uninstall / Reinstall / upgrade with 'full' 1.3 patch ?
Seems some have had problems even with what just mentioned.

1.3 has been worst patch upgrade in my opinion.
SlipSlice
+-2|6580|IN
Not just the connection issues, but every since that last patch, I lag like 3 times as much as a used to in game.  I practically have to drop my settings just to play the game with no lag now.  EA really messed the game up when they released the 1.3 patch.  Has anybodyelse noticed more lag lately since the new patch???
NMZ.UncleMoo™
+2|6608
I haven't noticed any problems with the 1.3 patch.

I installed it on my laptop, it killed my game, I uninstalled BF2, installed RainbowSix, no problem.

I just don't play it anymore.  Fortunately, I have a 1.2 patched version on my desktop that I am replacing the MoBo in.  When I get that running, I WILL NOT install the 1.2 patch.  My server isn't patched to 1.3, neither am I.  Simple.

**********  NOTE TO EA  **********
Recind the 1.3 patch, work on it for as long as it takes.  Install the new patch ON YOUR MACHINES FIRST.
If they don't work afterwards, DON'T offer it to the public.  THINK. Rework it until it WORKS.
THEN you can release it to the world. 

I didn't spend $260 for two full versions + expansions to be your Beta tester. 

Moo....
victimofdeath
+2|6780
here here, i second that unclemoo

i think its about time the public stood up to these incompetent fools.  and as i stated b4 I wanna sue em
Milton Waddams
+26|6663|under your bed
Sometimes I get a vehicle drop sign over my squad leader instead of a 1 or 2.  Kind of strange.  Also, I do not know if this counts, but all the badges are really easy to get.
buttered noodle
+16|6685|ohio
my problems with 1.3 are developing the more i play liek jsut today i experienced the crash to desktop when clicking "join now" 2 out of 4 attempts to play, i cant just say whatever and ignore the problems, if i cant play then i may stop trying to play, how is it they fuck up so bad, i was like fuck! when they nerfed the GL and killed doing anything with C4 but I got over it, then they fucked with the paddles and im like ok w/e, but wtf, i cant even play now, and the fuck am i reisntalling, are they trying to kill enthusiasm for 2142 or am i missing something?
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6693

Milton Waddams wrote:

Sometimes I get a vehicle drop sign over my squad leader instead of a 1 or 2.  Kind of strange.  Also, I do not know if this counts, but all the badges are really easy to get.
Saw that icon bug today... together with ever lovely and ever present blue tag bug.
devilcat
+7|6730
I'm not having too many problems, but almost all the servers I play on seem to crash causing the connection loss error
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6685|Cardiff - Wales - UK
Don't know if this fits in here, but since the patch, my clans 64 player server has crashed on average 7-8 times a day.
novamute.uk
+0|6817|southampton, uk
there seems to be a glitch where you can occasionally get stuck as the squad leader of a squad that doesn't show up in the squads list. you can't leave the squad and nobody can join... essentially a squad that doesn't eist. not being able to leave means not being able to join another squad. this has happened to me once, and i'm sure i've read somebody else's post describing the same problem.

also, a bug introduced in a previous patch hasn't been fixed - if you use your right mouse button as move forward, you can't use the commo rose without releasing the button (ie standing still). faily minor, and probably affects a tiny amount of players, but frustrating none the less - particulalrly as the bug wasn't in the originial unpatched release.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6663|EU

DonFck wrote:

1. "Verifying client data" (3minutes)
2. "There is a problem with your connection"
3. "Unloading resources" (5 minutes)
4. "Join Game" (G-eerrrrrooorrr -> CTD or our friend Mr. Lag)
5. "There is a problem with your connection"
6. "There is a problem with your connection"
7. Non-responsive keys -> "There's a problem with your connection"
8. Ping 36 -> 450 -> back to 40
9. "There is a problem with your connection"

and finally

10. "Your connection to the server has been lost"
viper139
+1|6579|Cologne - Germany
I did not have any problems since patch 1.22

4-5 hours of play since installing Patch 1.3 resulted in:

5x There is a problem with your connection - BUT I could resume
3x Your connection to the server has been lost
3x Crashes to the desktop - always when I was on top of the stat sheet     - first I believed some stupid admin kicked me because I was playing to good  .. no offense to anybody, but that has happened to me before  - not that I am that great, but sometimes I got a run 

one other problem:
- cannot join squad while dead - I believe that should work (despite the fact that I cannot respawn at the squad leaders position)
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6771|Germany, near Koblenz
Never had this "join game"-problem since I don't use the button but join with a double click on the coresponding line of the server list. Give it a try!

Perhaps it is no bug itself but a result of other problems: I miss some hundred points after the new patch. Formerly this happened nearly never, now it occurs every second day.

Last edited by DerGraueWolf (2006-06-02 09:21:55)

nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6666|The Netherlands
if i read this it wont natke long for 1.31
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6771|Germany, near Koblenz
We all hope so!
thejez
+0|6696
there is an error in the server list as well.   If you sort by ping and then click on a server it will refresh the ping for the server and resort the server in the list right away.  This has the negative effect of moving the server out from under the row you were clicking on so you highlight the wrong server.  It makes it nearly impossible to click on a server when you sort by ping...
ROFLCOPTER_
+8|6583
6. Verifying client data taking over 3minutes. -> it always has.
8. "Unloading resources" takes up to or over 5 minutes for some people. -> it always has.
9. Clicking "Join Game" causes some people to crash to desktop. -> it always has,
12. Some people get the Blue Screen of Death when video and sound settings are set to "High". -> it's called overheating.
13. Some people get stuck in the ground when they spawn and are unable to move normally until they enter a vehicle and then exit the vehicle. -> i saw that in 1.12.
15. Red name bug still existent.  Blue name bug is occurring as well. -> do you think ea even cares anymore? they dont.
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6641
Server crashes/drops clients often and randomly

Verifying client data taking over 3minutes.

Unloading resources" takes up to or over 5 minutes for me.

Clicking "Join Game" causes some people to crash to desktop.

Red name bug still existent.  Blue name bug is occurring as well.

i dont like this patch at ALL!, Before this patch, my bf2 ran very smoothly :@. Also when i go into a server, the infomation always says zero, like tiket ratio and the rest of that.

I reinstalled bf2 and special forces and the path, but the problems are still there. :@:@

There is a problem with your connection error happening very frequently.
xixspyder
AnthraX
+25|6612
1. account load time 5-10 mins
2. after bf2 is loaded I can play on a server for maybe 20 mins then crash.
3. after the crash it restarts my computer

I reinstalled the game twice and the patch twice. Same errors have occurred. I haven't played a full round since 1.22 and I'm getting really tired of this game.
benben10
+20|6754
here are some bugs that arent neccesaril 1.3 but just havent been fixed yet

kill assignment errors (if you kill someone with a mine while in a vehicle, it usuaully shows the vehicle as weapon used to kill. also sometimes if your vehicle blows up while killing someone then teamkills can still be assigned to almost any player involved [either your target, or you. or anybody shooting at you])

rockets still go through vehicles(especially light jeeps)

laser-guided-missile on fighter-bomber sometimes stops locking on.
+0|6578
I have one aforementioned error to modify and a semi-new one to add:

Quote:

Cougar wrote:

"2. Vehicle drop can destroy artillery."
I would add to this that Vodniks dropped on tanks also kill them.  I had this happen to me twice on Karkand last night and even saw the kill message associated with it once.  I believe our damage level was negligible when it happened, but I will attempt to confirm this error.  I will report back here and confirm that this is possible and if it occurs with other vehicles(APC's, Jeeps, etc.)

The other issue which I believe existed before 1.3, but might be occurring more frequently now is the weapon unlock bug.  I know of several instances of when my clan mates or I logged into a server, but some of us were unable to switch to our previously unlocked weapons.  After rebooting BF2, the issue seems to correct itself.  I have had reports of people previously unaffected by this issue in the past, having it happen since 1.3.

Hope this helps.  Great job on the site.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6714|Canberra, AUS
Add: Connection to server lost on random occasions - generally after verification. Though that may be there, I'm too tired to work it out.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard