kilburns8
+0|6644
My new patch wont install. I get an error. I downloaded it fine, but when I go to install it I get an error. " access is denied ( 0 x 5 ). Also I am having trouble watching streaming video. Maybe I deleted something while cleaning up my hard drive. Do I need to install a driver or something? Someone please help me.

thanks.
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6586|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
Sounds like a direct X problem, update all your drivers again.
kilburns8
+0|6644
where would I do that?
Emperor_D
+2|6623|Anderson, Indiana
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6586|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
Bit uncalled for.. just a thanks would of been fine... silly chavs of the nation today
kilburns8
+0|6644
god dammit, that didnt work.
kilburns8
+0|6644
also the streaming video comes in weird colors, and I cant really see what the video is playing.
{CN}420
+30|6718
When is the last time you did a virus/adware scan?

Download and run ewido - http://www.ewido.com
kilburns8
+0|6644
ill do one right now.
Emperor_D
+2|6623|Anderson, Indiana
Update your Graphics card drivers, and then slap your monitor so it knows whos boss.
kilburns8
+0|6644
It cant be my graphics card, because I couldnt download poker stars either.
kilburns8
+0|6644
I cant gamble or kill.....what is the world comming too.
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6637|England
Don't quote me on this, but are you running Windows XP on a limited account? If so, that's your problem. You need to be on an administrator account.
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6586|England
do you have Media player 10 installed if not get it.
and the latest real player

Last edited by Richard2000 (2006-06-01 15:22:37)

kilburns8
+0|6644
ive tried all of your suggestions and none of them have worked....im still getting an error.

Any other suggestions?
Possum61
+9|6789|Philly PA USA

Emperor_D wrote:

Update your Graphics card drivers, and then slap your monitor so it knows whos boss.
lol    Good one Emperor   
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6586|England
Reinstall Windows
I Know Its A Big Pain In The Ass But It Sounds As If You Got To Do It:(
PvtchieF73
+15|6750|Netherlands
in the end installing winds again must solve ur issue.. but omfg...

most probably a codec removed??
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6672|Derby, England

kilburns8 wrote:

My new patch wont install. I get an error. I downloaded it fine, but when I go to install it I get an error. " access is denied ( 0 x 5 ). Also I am having trouble watching streaming video. Maybe I deleted something while cleaning up my hard drive. Do I need to install a driver or something? Someone please help me.

thanks.
Problem - Patching Failed
Cause - System Dependant
Fix - The Exact cause is not really known in most cases, some people have more success in patching when using the FULL patches instead of the Incremental ones. In addition, the patch may be corrupt when downloaded so if you have problems try downloading it from several different sites to see if it works with any of them.

You could have faulty RAM, try running a program called Memtest86 to test your ram for errors. Also try removing a stick of RAM from the machine to see if it helps running on just 1 stick of RAM.

There is a possible fix Here http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=9586 which you may wish to try.

Additional information can be found here http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2327

Problem - Not Enough Space
Cause - Need more space on your System Drive
Fix - The patches now require roughly 3GB of free space on your Hard-Drive, it will not usually look where Battlefield 2 is installed but on the drive where your operating system is installed.

But there's a workaround, (Important, Before changing the registry, read Warlord's Warnings just below the contents page at the top of this FAQ)

Open regedit.exe and search for this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProgramFilesDir

It points to "C:\Program Files" by default. If you change the value to "E:\Program Files", the patch will look for 3000 MB free space on drive E instead of C.

So Change it to look on a Hard Drive that has enough space for the patch to run. After the patch is completed, change the registry key back to what it was before you edited it.

Peace Boris
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6586|England
just format your harddrive and install windows

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard