OD-Belt
+7|6578
Well as the title says the game won't shut off after clicking QUIT and the screen disappears.Whats going on is the background music still plays and plays long after the game is (technically) shut off.The only way for me to totally end the game is to go into Task Manager and under Preocess,close out the BF2.exe.

I talked to a buddy of mine and he said that he hasn't had that problem,so I'm wondering if it is just something wrong with my game.I do not believe I am missing any patches,but not 100% positive.

If anyone has had this problem or heard of someone having the same issue and knows what the deal is...please by all means,post away.Its really annoying everytime having to do this.
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6667|Derby, England

OD-Belt wrote:

Well as the title says the game won't shut off after clicking QUIT and the screen disappears.Whats going on is the background music still plays and plays long after the game is (technically) shut off.The only way for me to totally end the game is to go into Task Manager and under Preocess,close out the BF2.exe.

I talked to a buddy of mine and he said that he hasn't had that problem,so I'm wondering if it is just something wrong with my game.I do not believe I am missing any patches,but not 100% positive.

If anyone has had this problem or heard of someone having the same issue and knows what the deal is...please by all means,post away.Its really annoying everytime having to do this.
You need more memory on your PC or better graphics card.

Peace Boris
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6740|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

Try Alt + F4.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6662|UK
You need some memory, quick!
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6740|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

Yeah! I bet you have 512. Mine used to do this when I had 512MB. Try getting 1GB or more.
{CN}420
+30|6713
That was happening to me. It would play the music for a good five minutes before stopping. I got another gig of ram (two total) and it shuts off after about 5-10 seconds now.
liberachii
+0|6575
I have the same problem I have two gigs of RAM and it still takes a couple of  min. before it shuts off. It could be that the music is still in your cache memory and will eventually stop. If you have alot of processes running it will take longer because your CPU has more to do.
wolraht
+4|6575
I had the same problem for a while.  I had a fan on the side of my case pulling air out right above the CPU fan blowing air down onto the CPU.  I turned the case fan over so that it pulls air in onto the CPU fan and it cooled it down quite a bit.  Now the music runs for 10 - 15 seconds and then shuts off.  I am sure another Gig of memory would shorten this time (I have 1 Gig now) but i am a cheapskate and it doesn't bother me to much at this point.

Good luck with this one.  None of my buddies have this problem either.
OD-Belt
+7|6578
damn..I need another gig of ram?..well I'm running Kingston Dual Channel DDR400 and have 2 512 sticks..Yeah I might think the processes could be the answer cause I just checked back and looked and it shouwed 76 processes running..Thats alil more than I want..Also I am gonna see if defraging the drive might help some.
Thankz everyone

Belt
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6668|USA
happens to me, just let it sit, turn off the sound...but wait, it used to happen before i had 1.5 gigs of ram.
Masta_Daco
+39|6771|Amsterdam,The Netherlands
i had the same problem but them suddenly it stopped playing music after it was shut down so i dont know what happened
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6773|The Hague, Netherlands

got the same stuff, but well just have to click Ctrl-Alt-Delete and shut it down, its the 512 mb i guess
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
bennisboy
+829|6681|Poundland
I have it with a GB. I just eneter the task manager n close ~e5.00001 or whatever it is, that works smoother than doin it for bf2.exe
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6631|England

OD-Belt wrote:

damn..I need another gig of ram?..well I'm running Kingston Dual Channel DDR400 and have 2 512 sticks..Yeah I might think the processes could be the answer cause I just checked back and looked and it shouwed 76 processes running..Thats alil more than I want..Also I am gonna see if defraging the drive might help some.
Thankz everyone

Belt
Woah, 76? What are you running? When I play BF2 I have 17 running (including BF2.exe)
Kusunagi
+59|6772|The land of Hookers and pod
Grab a basebatt and make BF2 beg to shut down.
Possum61
+9|6783|Philly PA USA
Same here and  I have 2 GB  But does not do it all the time

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard