Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK

Major_Spittle wrote:

Yeh, Europeans can't be trusted with guns.  In France they get dropped and left were any child could pick it up an harm themselves.  In Germany the chase the French around with them.  In Belguim they have know clue how to use them, so they don't. 

Pretty fucking obvious this is a lost argument, I wouldn't trust a Britian walking down the street with a pocket knife either.  I don't care if he is a criminal or not, he is European and can't be trusted with such lofty responsibilities such as carrying a pointy object.
says someone from a country that cant be trusted with anything. ie you fucked up alot of countries with your interfering, and dont come back to say "you invaded iraq too" that was Tony Blairs fuck up and no one elses. Also you dont seem to understand what an amnesty is.
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6665|United States of America

Vilham wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

Yeh, Europeans can't be trusted with guns.  In France they get dropped and left were any child could pick it up an harm themselves.  In Germany the chase the French around with them.  In Belguim they have know clue how to use them, so they don't. 

Pretty fucking obvious this is a lost argument, I wouldn't trust a Britian walking down the street with a pocket knife either.  I don't care if he is a criminal or not, he is European and can't be trusted with such lofty responsibilities such as carrying a pointy object.
says someone from a country that cant be trusted with anything. ie you fucked up alot of countries with your interfering, and dont come back to say "you invaded iraq too" that was Tony Blairs fuck up and no one elses. Also you dont seem to understand what an amnesty is.
You invaded iraq too.  wtf is amnesty????
RoofusMcDoofus
+15|6585

aardfrith wrote:

What's so unbelievable about it?
Okay, so you guys took the guns away, now you're taking knives... Next you'll be hunting down hammers, and after that you'll be hunting down bits of metal that could be fashioned into a makeshift shiv, then you'll remember that screwdrivers are long and pointy, and it'll be illegal to use one for any purpose and all your cars will break down; next you'll be hunting down every rock in the land so to crush it into sand, then you'll be hunting down and burning every twig--because people were getting bashed over the head with dowels... And after that it'll be illegal to make a fist.

Fuck that.  I think Crocodile Dundee needs to come over there and rip all your wimp-ass balls off so you limeys don't further weaken the human race--cause if a bunch of aliens use the UK as a beachhead we'll be screwed.  And maybe you could then replace the Union Jack with a nicely arranged bouquet of pansies so the rest of the world could know where you're coming from!

FACT1:  People are smacktards.  Exhibit1: yourself.  Escapism does not work.  Utopias do not work outside of communes or cults.  Exhibit2: denizens of the UK for voting in ministers that would bring this idiotic bullshit to fruition.

FACT2: If a smacktard wants to injure or kill someone enough to actually go through with the act, then there is nothing the government can do to prevent it unless some thought reader ala Minority Report exists, and people are willing to use it, and have it used...

the article wrote:

A Home Office spokesman said the emphasis of the campaign was to try to stop people carrying knives because of the risk that the weapon could be used against the carrier.
In other words: Won't someone think of the children?

Pathetic.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6663

RoofusMcDoofus wrote:

the article wrote:

A Home Office spokesman said the emphasis of the campaign was to try to stop people carrying knives because of the risk that the weapon could be used against the carrier.

Pathetic.
It's funny that you people are actually saying we need to encourage more violence over here by allowing people to carry lethal weapons like knifes for 'self defence'.  Trust me, over here enough people get stamped to death in 'self defence' and a knife isn't ever going to do you any good, because attacks are usually carried out against lone individuals or small groups by large groups of nuttahs. I don't think I've ever seen a 1 on 1 street fight.... plenty of 4+ on 1 though... also, in my experience the first blows will almost always come from behind... if a large group of people surrounds you and you feel threatened and pull out a knife, do you think they will go easy on you, or will they stamp you proper?  If you manage to stab one of them, do you think they will all run off, or will they hold you to the floor and stab you up 10 times as much with your own knife?
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6692|Canada
"if a bunch of aliens use the UK as a beachhead we'll be screwed"
lmao sorry but rofl
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6847

mikkel wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Y'know, when you're left with nothing substantial to say, it's often better to just concede through posting or silence than stooping to childish levels.
Ahem.......
Goes for you, too.
read my posts, read yours, all can decide for themselves, case closed
RoofusMcDoofus
+15|6585

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

RoofusMcDoofus wrote:

the article wrote:

Pathetic.
It's funny that you people are actually saying we need to encourage more violence over here by allowing people to carry lethal weapons like knifes for 'self defence'.  Trust me, over here enough people get stamped to death in 'self defence' and a knife isn't ever going to do you any good, because attacks are usually carried out against lone individuals or small groups by large groups of nuttahs. I don't think I've ever seen a 1 on 1 street fight.... plenty of 4+ on 1 though... also, in my experience the first blows will almost always come from behind... if a large group of people surrounds you and you feel threatened and pull out a knife, do you think they will go easy on you, or will they stamp you proper?  If you manage to stab one of them, do you think they will all run off, or will they hold you to the floor and stab you up 10 times as much with your own knife?
That's like saying that Karate classes should be outlawed because it'll only encourage a Karate student to get his ass kicked by a mob.  I'm not saying knives should be used for self defense, most especially by people with no martial training or skill... Absolutely not... That's just plain stupid, now, isn't it?  I would, however, be in favor of the government to start up a bunch of knife fighting/martial arts schools that would teach only people with a clean record how to defend themselves--for free or a nominal cost.  Imagine the look all the thugs will sport when a crack team of ninja-nannies perforate a bunch of their buddies.

Secondly, everything that can be used for good can be used as a weapon.  If you care to point out a counter example, I'll be glad to receive it but currently, as far as I'm concerned, it's possible to kill someone with anything as innocuous as a marshmallow or perhaps a child's plush bunny if used in the proper manner.  Sure, it might be more convenient to stab your victim with a knife, but the ones that kill with plush animals; they get my respect.

Thirdly, you guys sound like the French "We Surrender! *waves white flag* Oui, rape me in the ass if you like, I don't mind... Actually, I kind of like it!" If violent mobs are so common and police so prolific as some people make them out to be, give the police automatic weapons...  Hell, call in the SAS...  It'll be like shooting ducks in a barrel since guns available to criminals are so scarce.  Sure, it'll be a bloody mess the first couple of times, but anyone who doesn't learn that it's not a good idea to be a "nuttah" when the police are packing Enfields--well, frankly they deserve to be shot.

Remember, while the French don't have cool shows like Top Gear and Doctor Who, they have better food...  Personally, it's Food FTW!
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6847

RoofusMcDoofus wrote:

the article wrote:

Pathetic.
He is quoting Hillary. if you don't know the clintons, the humor is lost
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6559|Southeastern USA

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

RoofusMcDoofus wrote:

the article wrote:

Pathetic.
I know several people who's lives have been saved by private citizen owned guns, each time the criminal was armed with a weapon that was already deemed illegal, to try to box this argument in with such a narrow hypothetical is ridiculous and myopic. You may as well be lobbying against the private ownership of cars because the only way you can be carjacked is if your in a car and your more likely to be in one if you own one. I think it may already be floating around the threads somewhere, but to blame a weapon for the damage caused is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnel being fat. You put me in any random room and I can find a lethal weapon from ballpoint pens to fire extinguishers.
TheRealRyanRay
+22|6583|Gainesville, FL

ssj3barua wrote:

thats got to suck having the government up your ass like that, I carry a knife everywhere I go. I ride freestyle BMX downtown and get stopped by the cops a lot, they search me then hand me my knife back!
i love living in the states, i too carry one all the time with no prob.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6802|Jupiter

Bubbalo wrote:

Because there is a genuine need to carry around knives?
I always run faster with my knife....
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6665|United States of America
If I carried a knife I would break into peoples houses and steal.  I would also use it to kill people on the street.  If I had a gun I would do even worst things like have sex with the peoples dead bodies after killing them.  It is a fact that knives and guns create violence.  Even Ghandi knifed a guy with a pig sticker once because someone gave him a knife in public and he had no choice. 

Knowing this I like many liberals don't support anyone having knives or guns.
mikkel
+383|6611

Horseman 77 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

Ahem.......
Goes for you, too.
read my posts, read yours, all can decide for themselves, case closed
Well great, 'cause you weren't really adding anything to the discussion.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

Vilham wrote:

Yeah, we (US) sure "f-d up" Europe during WW2. And god damn it all, why did we have to pour money into rebuilding efforts! Should just leave every country we invade or help out a burning, smouldering ruin. That's ruddy well it! I hereby call for UN sanctions against the US...

Somehow, if the world was miraculously stripped of all firearms, there would still be a two-bit thug hiding in an alleyway with a baseball bat. Some unwitting sap would be just another statistic, mentioned briefly, then forgotten by all.

I know very well what amnesty is, and the official definition leans heavily on "general pardon." Iterated into further detail, it specifies "for political offenses." I suppose armed self-defense is only offensible to criminals, ultra-liberals, and the politicians who seek to appease both.

This thread has done all it's able to win friends and influence people. People who insist on maintaining whatever sort of unarmed sheep-martyr complex they have going on won't ever change their minds unless they decide to do so on their own. I know I'm not going to be talked out of arming myself, even if I am protected by cops like the perfect bobbies of oh-so-perfect, crime-free Britain.

Therefore, I propose a general hijack of this thread to a more neutral topic: science! It's fun and safe!

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-06-01 10:12:01)

alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6683|Houston, Texas
I carry a 4.5" blade on me at all times in real life.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK

RoofusMcDoofus wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

What's so unbelievable about it?
Okay, so you guys took the guns away, now you're taking knives... Next you'll be hunting down hammers, and after that you'll be hunting down bits of metal that could be fashioned into a makeshift shiv, then you'll remember that screwdrivers are long and pointy, and it'll be illegal to use one for any purpose and all your cars will break down; next you'll be hunting down every rock in the land so to crush it into sand, then you'll be hunting down and burning every twig--because people were getting bashed over the head with dowels... And after that it'll be illegal to make a fist.

Fuck that.  I think Crocodile Dundee needs to come over there and rip all your wimp-ass balls off so you limeys don't further weaken the human race--cause if a bunch of aliens use the UK as a beachhead we'll be screwed.  And maybe you could then replace the Union Jack with a nicely arranged bouquet of pansies so the rest of the world could know where you're coming from!

FACT1:  People are smacktards.  Exhibit1: yourself.  Escapism does not work.  Utopias do not work outside of communes or cults.  Exhibit2: denizens of the UK for voting in ministers that would bring this idiotic bullshit to fruition.

FACT2: If a smacktard wants to injure or kill someone enough to actually go through with the act, then there is nothing the government can do to prevent it unless some thought reader ala Minority Report exists, and people are willing to use it, and have it used...

the article wrote:

Pathetic.
K EVERYONE READ THIS CAREFULLY...

THEY ARENT TAKING KNIFES AWAY!!!!! ITS VOLUNTARY THAT IS WHAT AN AMNESTY IS FOR!!!

it means you can hand in weapons in public areas without any repercussions.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK

RoofusMcDoofus wrote:

That's like saying that Karate classes should be outlawed because it'll only encourage a Karate student to get his ass kicked by a mob.
Well not at all seeing as the mob cant use the assulted person's karate on him can they.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK
tbh i dont care any more, if your happy with owning guns thats fine but stop telling us to not reduce our crime rates.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6781|Atlanta, GA USA

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

RoofusMcDoofus wrote:

the article wrote:

Pathetic.
Former Marine kills would-be robber
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/ … arine.html
Five people come after an ex-marine with a shotgun and a pistol.  He pulls his knife, kills one, and injures another...
mikkel
+383|6611

atlvolunteer wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

RoofusMcDoofus wrote:

Pathetic.
Five people come after an ex-marine with a shotgun and a pistol.  He pulls his knife, kills one, and injures another...
If you honestly believe that every single mugging victim is trained to kill and can pull off things like that, you're living in a dream world. They were young kids, he was a seasoned soldier. What the guy you quoted was talking about was the very common scenario of a bunch of people jumping a regular guy around their age, and that wouldn't have gone in the victims favor.

But hey, it's nice to see that your rights to carry leathal weapons only come at the cost of a teenage girl's life.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK

mikkel wrote:

atlvolunteer wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

If you honestly believe that every single mugging victim is trained to kill and can pull off things like that, you're living in a dream world. They were young kids, he was a seasoned soldier. What the guy you quoted was talking about was the very common scenario of a bunch of people jumping a regular guy around their age, and that wouldn't have gone in the victims favor.

But hey, it's nice to see that your rights to carry leathal weapons only come at the cost of a teenage girl's life.
exactly very common after a night out in a rough town.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6781|Atlanta, GA USA

mikkel wrote:

Oh, so he should have just allowed them to beat the shit out of him (or worse) and take his money?  SHe wasn't some innocent bystander.  She was one of the perpetrators and got what she deserved.
No 1 Gooner
coopj Dependant
+98|6582|England
this is why this knife amnesty is big news now,cos of things like this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a … ge_id=1770
this happend five minutes from my house,the poor guy in the green gets stabbed in the heart and dies  and the guy in the white gets a broken jaw and seven stab wounds but lives. completely random as all three attackers have now admitted. they will be sentenced on the 23rd june. hope they get life.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

No 1 Gooner wrote:

this is why this knife amnesty is big news now,cos of things like this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a … ge_id=1770
this happend five minutes from my house,the poor guy in the green gets stabbed in the heart and dies  and the guy in the white gets a broken jaw and seven stab wounds but lives. completely random as all three attackers have now admitted. they will be sentenced on the 23rd june. hope they get life.
To supporters of knife amnesty in general:

Wasn't an omniscient, omnipotent bobby walking around to prevent just a scene like that? Those two were relying on police enforcement to save their lives...

Maybe if a stab-wound amnesty were put up, those kinds of injuries would heal themselves right away, lest the full force of British law come down on their puckering, oozing surfaces.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-06-01 10:09:49)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

No 1 Gooner wrote:

Wasn't an omniscient, omnipotent bobby walking around to prevent just a scene like that? Those two were relying on police enforcement to save their lives...

Maybe if a stab wound amnesty were put up, that kind of shit would heal itself right away, lest the full force of British law come down on their puckering, oozing surfaces.
yeah and if they had guns even more people could have died that would be realy good.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard