Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6665|United States of America

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

...and you just wish he was Canadian, Major_Spittle.
I wish he was thin, Europeans see him and think all Americans are fat, lazy, and stupid.
Really?  I thought America's biggest export was anorexia. Well, films and general pop culture with lots of anorexic females.  Do you wish Santa was thin too?
Santa is not American.  He is just another illegal immigrant that sneaks across the border and breaks into houses.  So no, I don't care that he is fat.  He obviously isn't stupid because he has never been caught, but he is definately lazy.  He makes short people do all his work, which is ok by me cause I don't like short people. 

BTW, Santa isn't real.  I don't want to argue with you about this cause I don't have any prof.  Maybe the people that put out that Pentagon video have one about him so you will believe me.

Sorry to have broke the news to you:(
Major_Spittle
Banned

Skruples wrote:

Is it possible to have one discussion without being reduced to ad hominem attacks? Really, if you have a problem with Michael moores work, talk about his work and not his body fat percentage.
He is so full of shit and is contiuously filling with shit obviously.  I saw this happen once before, to Tif O'neal.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6704|San Francisco
Let's get some more perspective on why you guys don't like him.  Try giving specific parts of his films you had problems with, rather than just constantly lose credibility with immature spats of vitriol against him.  In other words, explain yourselves.

Michael Moore, even though a lot of people don't like him, is good for this society as he provides a desperately needed check and balance; it makes people question rather than only following one line of thought.  America is so worn down by desensitization today, it takes no less than propaganda and shock value to reach people...if it weren't for the power of his messages, you guys wouldn't be in here discussing how much you hate him while realizing your own political values.  You don't have to agree with him, but it is nonetheless effective.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6781|Atlanta, GA USA
I don't like Michael Moore because he passes lies and distortions off as a straight documentary (until he gets sued, in which case he claims it's an op-ed piece).  There are too many to go into.  Just to to this site for a good example:
http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysi … it-911.htm
Erkut.hv
+124|6745|California

Major_Spittle wrote:

I thought he was being sued for eating on of them.
lmfao
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6851|Cologne, Germany

So Moore is a filmmaker with an agenda. What's so new about that ? I saw "Bowling for columbine" and "Fahrenheit 09/11" and although I realize that Moore is obviously biased himself, both films were incredibly good documentaries.

You may not agree with him or with his methods, but why the personal attacks and the comments on his weight ? That's just lame.
xXSarnathXx
Decepticons forever!
+25|6618|Sweden
$85,000,000?

only in america i guess

over here u read about like tops 20,000$ sues (spellcheck?)
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/bok.gif
DrM
+33|6631

Major_Spittle wrote:

I thought he was being sued for eating one of them.
classic man
wanderlost
+20|6564|Des Moines, IA

Major_Spittle wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

I wish he was thin, Europeans see him and think all Americans are fat, lazy, and stupid.
Really?  I thought America's biggest export was anorexia. Well, films and general pop culture with lots of anorexic females.  Do you wish Santa was thin too?
Santa is not American.  He is just another illegal immigrant that sneaks across the border and breaks into houses.  So no, I don't care that he is fat.  He obviously isn't stupid because he has never been caught, but he is definately lazy.  He makes short people do all his work, which is ok by me cause I don't like short people. 

BTW, Santa isn't real.  I don't want to argue with you about this cause I don't have any prof.  Maybe the people that put out that Pentagon video have one about him so you will believe me.

Recent (2000) events have ensured that Santa's B&E days are done with:
https://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/jmrachin/santa_claus_tombstone.jpg
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6781|Atlanta, GA USA

wanderlost wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Recent (2000) events have ensured that Santa's B&E days are done with:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/ … bstone.jpg
ROFL  man that is good...
HM1{N}
+86|6654|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Horseman 77 is being sued for misrepresenting the news to suit his own aims. 
-A single veteran is bringing the case, saying that him and his wife suffer $85 million worth of trauma because he claims he is quoted out of context
-Horsey still won't stop going on about of a few seconds in a whole film which was blatantly and obviously slowed down, and gave time for the voice over.
-Charlton Heston is clearly a lunatic anyway, and so what if they add continuity shots or re-dubbed parts, this is common practice in many documentaries and news reports. 
-If people don't want what they said to be used in the same context that they spoke them in, they they should know better than to talk to a camera.  I for one don't even remember that bit of the film, but going by the quote of the dialog used, I severely doubt that the guy suffered any loss of reputation, seeing as he only appeared in the film for a few moments and wasn't actually described as being opposed to the war in any narrative, and couldn't be inferred to be opposed to the war from the quote which was used. And in fact, by the time it even came out on DVD he had put his position straight in Fahrenhype 9/11.
-The message is not invalidated because people like Horseman refuse to hear it, instead focusing on whether they 'like' the person presenting it, even if they think it is.

...and you just wish he was Canadian, Major_Spittle.
My .02:

Friends of mine served when Moore did his documentary in Iraq.  They are severely pissed at him because after the hundreds of interviews he did where the soldiers showed support for Bush and this country, he threw out their comments and put in the 5 or so people he could find that supported his position (anti-war/bush).

Michael Moore is a piece of shit who, if I saw today, I would gladly take a baseball bat to...

He's a lying manipulator who didn't film a documentary, but rather a piece of fiction.

I hope he gets killed in a drive by...
millhous
+39|6647|OREEGONE, USA
I did enjoy his Roger and Me movie and a little bit of Bowling for Colombine (the parts where he disproves the press about how music was the cause).   However Farenheit 9/11 was crap.  Like HM1 said, he just picked out the things that supported his cause and thats what we saw on film.  Sounds to me like Michael Moore is as big a hypocrite as he proclaims the media is.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6559|Southeastern USA
All his movies are shite, photography, sound, editing, I've seen better directed home movies, and why god does he have to narrate it himself, his voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard, he should hire James Earl Jones to read his script.
Roger & ME- This plant is old, lots of old people work at the plant, GM loses money everyday the plant is open, so obviously GM should keep it open as a charity to the lazy shit union employees.
Columbine-god there's just too much BS to list here, the one that sticks out most is the fact that every weapon used in the shooting was obtained illegally, conveniently he neglects to mention this
9/11-same again, information is available all over the place including minute by minute breakdowns of his fallacies and where to go to find the truth.

Most of us commenting on his rotundity have already refuted his credibility, no need to beat a dead horse, but beating whiny fat people is great excercise.
Random-Hero58
+10|6569|TX
Micheal Moore is a complete fraud. Anyone who believes his films are morons.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6847

B.Schuss wrote:

So Moore is a filmmaker with an agenda. What's so new about that ? I saw "Bowling for columbine" and "Fahrenheit 09/11" and although I realize that Moore is obviously biased himself, both films were incredibly good documentaries.

You may not agree with him or with his methods, but why the personal attacks and the comments on his weight ? That's just lame.
sorry you fell for it then. His films can not legally be called " Documentaries " Because the facts don't check out. If he dared call them Documentaries he would be sued by one and all. This Guy found a way to hold him accountable it seems.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6847
In case you were wondering what the frothing rantings were all about. Here a list of what some people consider to qualify for the title Soldier. In his own words.

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Anyway, here's a few of the fallen soldiers:

Mac Dre
Fat Tone
Jam Master Jay
Jay Dee AKA J Dilla
DJ Scott LaRock
Tarus Jackson (who was the newest member of The Coup, my all time favourite hip hop group)
This should clear up some of the confusion.

If you call the above people " soldiers "  and consider them " Honored dead "  you got a strange out look on life to say the least. Perhaps that's were the Venom comes from?
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6663

Horseman 77 wrote:

If you call the above people " soldiers "  and consider them " Honored dead "  you got a strange out look on life to say the least. Perhaps that's were the Venom comes from?
Just further making my point about how you take things out of context because you think they prove a point.  Not true and sickening, and I'm sure you have real social issues you should see someone about.  Really.  And we've had this discussion in your stupid little thread you started to try and dance on dead hip hop artists graves, and it got shut just like it should have.  And now you are doing the same here, and I'm sure you'll get this one shut down to if you keep it up.

I think you have a problem with Sir Mix-A-Lot more than me, blame him for coining the phrase.  And you still seem to be confused as to the difference between a US soldier and a hip hop soldier.  For a start, one has a funkier uniform.  You again refuse to debate facts or admit that you lied in the title of this thread.

Perhaps you secretly fancy Michael Moore, and that's where the Venom comes from.  It's a well known phenomenon, after all.
Major_Spittle
Banned

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

Just further making my point about how you take things out of context because you think they prove a point.  Not true and sickening, and I'm sure you have real social issues you should see someone about.  Really.  And we've had this discussion in your stupid little thread you started to try and dance on dead hip hop artists graves, and it got shut just like it should have.  And now you are doing the same here, and I'm sure you'll get this one shut down to if you keep it up.

I think you have a problem with Sir Mix-A-Lot more than me, blame him for coining the phrase.  And you still seem to be confused as to the difference between a US soldier and a hip hop soldier.  For a start, one has a funkier uniform.  You again refuse to debate facts or admit that you lied in the title of this thread.

Perhaps you secretly fancy Michael Moore, and that's where the Venom comes from.  It's a well known phenomenon, after all.
Oh, those were names of Rap stars.  LOL.  I though those were names you were considering for your penis.
chuckle_hound
+32|6677|Edinburgh, Scotland
If you don't like someone - sue them.

That's the American way.

(Anyone want to create a musical accoampanyment for that).

On a side note, as far as I can tell the point at which America stopped being a diverse and culturally rich nation was about the same time that everyone was forced to account for their actions.  You can see it on American TV, it seems like people have changed from talking about something to trying to deny they had any part in it.  I want the old America back - the one that everyone liked)
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6663

Major_Spittle wrote:

Oh, those were names of Rap stars.  LOL.  I though those were names you were considering for your penis.
You've just got penis on the brain.
Major_Spittle
Banned

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

You've just got penis on the brain.
yeah, for some reason whenever I see your screen-name the first thing that pops into my head is "what a dick".
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6780|AUS, Canberra
im sueing you all.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard