yerded
Bertinator
+255|6606|Westminster, California
https://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4333/marlboro1tj.jpg
http://apnews.myway.com//article/200606 … 5IS02.html

I support our troops and I'm not sorry about it.

My heart breaks when I hear of deaths in Iraq whether or not they are American or not is beside the point; these are human tragedies. Yes, because I'm an American I am biased, but I speak now of combat troops in general;

I give our GI's the unquestioning benefit of the doubt. These men face mortal danger everyday and normal rules and laws do not and should not apply. I thank all members of the military that are serving in Iraq and elsewhere for their service,  and from all our allied countries.

Many so called civilian deaths are counted in Iraq. Many of these so called civilians were sporting an RPG or digging in a I.E.D when they were killed and I say FUCK EM! We are trying to bring a better life to these people and it will be a long hard bloody road, and many innocents will die. Ask a former Iraqi citizen how he/she feels about what we are doing before you pass judgment on these brave men involved in this nightmare.

DO NOT listen to the likes of cowardly, treacherous maggots like John Murtha who constantly seek the muck to rake over our boys; if he was a good congressmen he would be seeing to it that there was no interference in the investigation. Instead that bloated piece of shit goes on the airways accusing our boys of murder. FUCK HIM AND ALL THOSE IN AMERICA WHO BETRAY OUR BOYS.

Because we hold our own to a higher standard there will be a proper investigation and those deemed guilty by a court of law will be punished. Don't lose faith in the mission of freedom for these people; what? did we pick who could run in their elections?! NO! we allowed them to elect from their own and THAT IS A GOD DAMNED NOBLE CAUSE WORTH FIGHTING FOR.

Those people most like died because "insurgence" ran into the house they were in. Case closed in my mind.

Last edited by yerded (2006-05-31 22:29:43)

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6740|AUS, Canberra

yerded wrote:

Nothing says it must be the truth like an unanswered post on such a topic.
or you could wait longer than 10 minutes.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613
oh man the marlboro man.  he was attached to us in fallujah, more like directly behind us while 2/7 cav punched the hole.  I still got the issue of stars and stripes with him on the cover.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-05-31 22:55:27)

Home
Section.80
+447|6817|Seattle, Washington, USA

I understand the hardships the troops have to go through everyday, but that does not justify what they did. They killed a 3 year old girl. Somehow, I have trouble believing she was an insurgent. They also killed a 76 year old man. Being under pressure does not give you an excuse to kill unarmed civilians who are still in their pajamas.
yerded
Bertinator
Why is it people shake their heads in sorrow when a gang bangers wayward bullets do the same, kill a child? A platoon of marines under fire is laying serious lead down range and SHIT happens!
     Do not assume it was on purpose is all I'm saying.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613
I really dont wanna comment on the haditha incident cus that one kinda hits close to home.  i just wish people dont jump to conclusions and call them murderers god damnit.  unless you have ever been in a situation like that, you cant judge them.
Home
Section.80

I'm not assuming it was on purpose, I just think those marines were being stupid. They were angry because their bud died from an IED. But the thing is, the innocent people weren't killed during combat, they were just killed a while later while the marines were searching through their houses.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613

Homeschtar wrote:

I'm not assuming it was on purpose, I just think those marines were being stupid. They were angry because their bud died from an IED. But the thing is, the innocent people weren't killed during combat, they were just killed a while later while the marines were searching through their houses.
none of us were there.period.
bakarocket
+12|6518
No one should jump to conclusions, absolutely, but that includes both sides. They must be tried for the offence, and the evidence presented properly. And if found guilty, they should be subject to the laws and courts of Iraq. If found innocent, all mention of the incident should be purged from their records and never spoken of again.

I believe that a lot of the soldiers involved in this incident, whether guilty of calculated murder or not, are feeling pretty shitty right now that a little girl died.

GunSlinger, do you mean no Marines were there or no Americans were there?

Edit: spelling

Last edited by bakarocket (2006-05-31 23:05:30)

Home
Section.80

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Homeschtar wrote:

none of us were there.period.
True, I'm just using what I'm reading from the Associated Press.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613

bakarocket wrote:

No one should jump to conclusions, absolutely, but that includes both sides. They must be tried for the offence, and the evidence presented properly. And if found guilty, they should be subject to the laws and courts of Iraq. If found innocent, all mention of the incident should be purged from their records and never spoken of again.

I believe that a lot of the soldiers involved in this incident, whether guilty of calculated murder or not, are feeling pretty shitty right now that a little girl died.

Edit: spelling
I bet you they feel evern more shitty losing one of their own in front of their eyes.

none of us making judgement were there in that specific moment in haditha

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-05-31 23:06:38)

Y0URDAD
I'ma Eat Yo Children!
+17|6615|Annapolis, MD
I don't like how, even though very little information has been released, and the investigation hasn't conluded, people don't give the soldiers the benefit of the doubt. How can you know that the civilian casualties were murder at this point in time?
yerded
Bertinator

Homeschtar wrote:

Thank you for the +  but again, your assuming facts not yet in evidence; how do you know that the terrorist were not firing from/ and or hiding in those buildings where the civilians were killed, and that they were not killed inadvertantly because of that?
bakarocket
+12|6518
Gunslinger

I bet you they feel evern more shitty losing one of their own in front of their eyes.
I hope not, but I would understand. The soldier chose to risk his life in the defence of what he believes. That little girl got caught in the cross-fire.
afrocullions
Banned
+8|6520
i suspect theres more to the story than were told
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6709|Comber, Northern Ireland

Homeschtar wrote:

I understand the hardships the troops have to go through everyday, but that does not justify what they did. They killed a 3 year old girl. Somehow, I have trouble believing she was an insurgent. They also killed a 76 year old man. Being under pressure does not give you an excuse to kill unarmed civilians who are still in their pajamas.
yes it does, lets say you where in iraq and your convoy was attacked and a few of your mates killed, you see the people run into a house and u kill them, wouldnt you? YOU CANT TELL WHO IS A CIVI AND WHO IS INSUREGNT IN IRAQ trust me
bakarocket
+12|6518

afrocullions wrote:

i suspect theres more to the story than were told
There always is.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613
i feel like I should share my experiences with IED;s I guess

anytime a patrol i was in got ambushed or IED'ed, SOP would be to fire everything you got at both flanks unless you know where the contact was coming from ofcourse, but most of the time you dont.  90% of the time, we dont choose the battlefield, we just wait to get attacked so we could react to contact.  With that in mind, whenever I was involved in an IED or an ambush, it was, it was always in a populated area or an area with homes or busineses.  Yeah, we let out a lot of rounds into houses and buildings and sure, civilians might have/probably gotten hurt, thank god nothing as bad as what the marines allegedly did in haditha, but even so.  My platoon lost somebody to an IED.  Brandon Sapp KIA 15 AUG 2004.  That IED could have easily been detonated with me instead of him but my patrol was 4 hours earlier and haji was still eating breakfast.  the next though, we went to the area where we lost Sapp and started busting heads.  we didnt kill anybody but we sure werent very nice either.

These civilians that were alledgly killed were also the ones that saw the insurgent burying the IED outside their homes.  They know who the guys with the mortars and rockets are.  Depending on the size of an IED it may take a whole night's worth digging and work just to place it.  And these people saw this happen and stayed quiet.
bakarocket
+12|6518

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

And these people saw this happen and stayed quiet.
Honestly, though, can you blame them? Should they tell the Americans, who they know probably won't hurt them if it all goes bad, or should they keep quiet, because they know the crazy fuckholes definitely will hurt them if they rat them out.

Pretty easy decision for a scared shitless civvy, I'd say. Turned out it was the wrong one, but they had the odds on their side.
yerded
Bertinator

bakarocket wrote:

Pretty easy decision for a scared shitless civvy, I'd say. Turned out it was the wrong one, but they had the odds on their side.
you cannot possibly be talking about gunslinger
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613

bakarocket wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

And these people saw this happen and stayed quiet.
Honestly, though, can you blame them? Should they tell the Americans, who they know probably won't hurt them if it all goes bad, or should they keep quiet, because they know the crazy fuckholes definitely will hurt them if they rat them out.

thats the dilemna of being an iraqi citizen.  tell coalition troops where the bad guys are or stay quiet and avoid the revenge brigades and take the chance of being one of the 60 people that died from a VBIED this week, or a vengeful patrol.  not to say the patrol is gonna take there anger out on the civilian population.  but becoming a victim of collateral damage.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-05-31 23:37:37)

CommieChipmunk
+488|6540|Portland, OR, USA

yerded wrote:

Many so called civilian deaths are counted in Iraq. Many of these so called civilians were sporting an RPG or digging in a I.E.D when they were killed and I say FUCK EM! We are trying to bring a better life to these people and it will be a long hard bloody road, and many innocents will die. Ask a former Iraqi citizen how he/she feels about what we are doing before you pass judgment on these brave men involved in this nightmare.

Because we hold our own to a higher standard there will be a proper investigation and those deemed guilty by a court of law will be punished. Don't lose faith in the mission of freedom for these people; what? did we pick who could run in their elections?! NO! we allowed them to elect from their own and THAT IS A GOD DAMNED NOBLE CAUSE WORTH FIGHTING FOR.

Those people most like died because "insurgence" ran into the house they were in. Case closed in my mind.
You know what bud, how about you go live in a place like iraq, you see your people murdered tortured etc by a dictator like Saddam....  Then we ship in a whole bunch of American 'freedom fighters' to liberate you and your people.  Then it turns out that you have to live in fear constantly, because of jet fighters flying over your house every day dropping "presicion" guided bombs.  and what if you get tied up in a fire fight and get shot in the chest?  hmm sorry.. thought that apple in your hand was a grenade

to me you sound like someone who has been brainwashed by media nationalism and propoganda.  We're trying to bring a better life to these people... what so now instead of fearing their government they get to fear foreign oppressors?.. yippee .. you're stereotyping an entire country, i'm sure that little girl was 'sporting a RPG'... yep she would only get blown back a couple yards when she fired it.. i'm sure that every single person killed in iraq was an insergent.. hell i bet they're all insergents

okay and your last paragraph... so WE decide that THEY want to be a democracy for them?! Blatant imperialism! what if they dont want to be democratic!? We're not spreading peace or democracy, hell we dont even know what democracy.  Government for the people by the people right? well then what we got is called a 'plutocracy'.. government bythe rich and for the rich. 

think about it, who gets elected? people with tons of money and can campaign.  do we, the people do anything except vote for one of 2 people.. and then an electoral college casts the votes... just in case the masses (us)  are too uneducated to make the right pick

ahh american ignorance beautiful product of mass conservative media

if anyone has something to say feel free to tear that ^^^ apart, and if it makes you feel better inside, by all means negative karma me away
bakarocket
+12|6518

yerded wrote:

bakarocket wrote:

you cannot possibly be talking about gunslinger
I don't understand.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613

CommieChipmunk wrote:

yerded wrote:

You know what bud, how about you go live in a place like iraq, you see your people murdered tortured etc by a dictator like Saddam....  Then we ship in a whole bunch of American 'freedom fighters' to liberate you and your people.  Then it turns out that you have to live in fear constantly, because of jet fighters flying over your house every day dropping "presicion" guided bombs.  and what if you get tied up in a fire fight and get shot in the chest?  hmm sorry.. thought that apple in your hand was a grenade
dont get it twisted man.  You know how few occasions guided munitions are dropped over head?  My 12 months there I witnessed two airstrikes, one in fallujah and one in najaf.  trust me when I say this, the insurgents are behind most of the bad things falling from the sky. aiming specifically at civilians, making them headlines and changing eveybodies mind.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6540|Portland, OR, USA
that i didn't know, thanks for the info...

.. its hard to know what or who to trust these days.. media etc blah

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard