kylescousinkyle
+2|6533
thanks alot to those 1 in 10 people who downloaded special forces, now instead of proper expansion packs were getting given lame booster packs adding 3 maps and a few vehicles etc, that u have to download and u use stupid credit cards and u dont get a neat game box. its LAAAAME, and all cus those 1 in 10 people that EA are so happy with were to lazy to go the shops and buy it! LAAAAAAAAAAAAME !!!
Phrozenbot
+632|6608|do not disturb

It saves EA money not to physically distribute it, and that's all that matters.
kylescousinkyle
+2|6533
yes i know that crap, but they didnt have to be encouraged, they said we woulda got a proper expansion pack if it werent for those 1 in 10 fat lazy people
Phrozenbot
+632|6608|do not disturb

It's called spicing up the game without adding too much to swallow.
kylescousinkyle
+2|6533
no no, its called LAAAAAAAAAAAME
Phrozenbot
+632|6608|do not disturb

Don't buy it then?
eagles1106
+269|6576|Marlton, New Jersey.
Its not that 1 of 10 people are lazy, nobody cares running out to get a boxed game, but it does save EA/DICE money and for the buyer it is just more convenient.  Who cares if its in a box, doesnt make it more special...
xXMMMSXx
+24|6650
I know what it's called.

You're a prepubecent whiney turd who hasn't got a CC.

I've paid for and downloded both EF and AF are everything went well with no problems and no hassle. I didn't even have to put my shoes on. To be totally honest I had my GF's pink slippers on.

The cost of packaging would have been put on our toes anyway.
durkamoz
+5|6681
I don't mind downloading it.

When I bought bf2 I tried downloading it and was bummed when I couldn't.
[LCI]squeakyfleece
O-<--< stick man lolololol
+27|6650|perv
hey armored fury is gonna have loads of new things to drive and fly, so ur saying armored fury is crap when u havent even seen it yet
ResDog1
+51|6757|Netherlands
Don't forget that distributing via downloader, cuts out the distributer and retailer.
So instead of getting only $15 for the game  (about half of the price goes to distribution and retail) they get the full $30. Lets say running and maintaining the downloadservers costs EA $5 per game (probably it costs way less) EA still makes $25.

So if they want to promote the downloader they should:
1. Release games erlier than the games released through stores
2. Not get gready and let their downloader customers get a piece of their cost reduction... ergo a cheaper game.

Since EA is a company that's not interested in their customer interests, I don't see this happening.

They will probably release BF 2142 exclusively on EA downloader.
Phrozenbot
+632|6608|do not disturb

ResDog1 wrote:

They will probably release BF 2142 exclusively on EA downloader.
Or at least before it ships in stores, maybe a week earlier?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

How are all these people already buying Armored fury? It's not out yet is it?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Phrozenbot
+632|6608|do not disturb

No it's not, but some people were able to buy it, but EA removed that link.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6816|St. Louis, MO

kylescousinkyle wrote:

thanks alot to those 1 in 10 people who downloaded special forces, now instead of proper expansion packs were getting given lame booster packs adding 3 maps and a few vehicles etc, that u have to download and u use stupid credit cards and u dont get a neat game box. its LAAAAME, and all cus those 1 in 10 people that EA are so happy with were to lazy to go the shops and buy it! LAAAAAAAAAAAAME !!!
Amen to that.Screw the half assed download only format.EA can shove their down loader straight up their ass.I won't support any such format by buying it.I don't care how cheap or cool it may be.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6665|Colorado
its not lame, its convenient. SF was by far the best expansion, better than vanilla bf if you ask me.
kylescousinkyle
+2|6533
if u didnt notice special forces cost EXACTLY the same on the downloader as in the shops, and no a box dont make it special, but the download idea is crap, i wanna have my software on a disc so i can install it again if i need to and not have to download it again and so i have it at hand, its a totally s##t idea!
RhadamanthysSCC
+2|6716|Perth, Western Australia

kylescousinkyle wrote:

thanks alot to those 1 in 10 people who downloaded special forces
My pleasure chum, anything for a swell fella like you...

those 1 in 10 people that EA are so happy with were to lazy to go the shops and buy it
Nice to know you thought your argument through thoroughly. Did you ever consider any of the following before embarking on your whinge?
- The disabled: Not everyone can just wander off to the local game store and buy the latest release y'know. For some folks just getting out of the house can be a total pain in the arse, I should know, my next door neighbour is a paraplegic and places like Amazon.com have made his life an awful lot easier. Of course he bitches about having to go to the mailbox now so hopefully things like the EA downloader will shut him up about that now...
- Shift-workers: Not everyone can actually make it to the shops for release day y'know, sometimes they're at work, sometimes they're recovering from a 12 hour shift as a nurse, policeman, fireman, late-night radio host, factory worker, doctor or air-traffic controller...
- Agoraphobics et al: Many folks out there suffer anxiety based disorders that make open spaces, crowds and the like extremely unpleasant if not unbearable, again, making it difficult to just wander down the store and buy a game on release day...
- Porphyriacs: People allergic to sun-light, again, going outside isn't easy for them and not all countries around the world have late trading hours every day/night...
- Country-folk: Not everyone lives in the big-smoke right next to a mall/shopping centre y'know? The tyranny of distance is a bastard, especially if you live in some remote hellhole in the middle of Australia or Texas or worse - Wales!
- Fat lazy bastards: Fat lazy bastards are people too y'know, don't they deserve gaming goodness as much as anyone? Is it that wrong of EA to make their games accessible to the lazy? Is it???

Seriously though, why don't you try thinking about things before whinging? There's more to any situation than just you, the sooner you learn that the less frustrating your life will be and the less annoying you'll be to everyone else around you (something to be devoutly wished if this thread is any indication...).

kylescousinkyle wrote:

wanna have my software on a disc so i can install it again if i need to and not have to download it again and so i have it at hand, its a totally s##t idea!
So just burn it from the d/l folder to a CD or DVD and stick it on a shelf, what's the big deal?

Last edited by RhadamanthysSCC (2006-06-01 00:43:34)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS
I, on the other hand, hate:

Kids who legally shouldn't have the game. That's OK in my opinion, but it gets too far when they want their hand held, when they want EVERY SINGLE THING to be ABSOLUTELY PERFECT to them - and they forget about the other half a million people who play the game.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Yong-OV
+11|6550
uhm.... buy the propper box at Amazon or somewhere.
I don't believe that EA makes a difference with Europe and the US. We can download or buy the box.
You have the choice, so stop bitching around.

Last edited by Yong-OV (2006-06-01 00:52:18)

Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6779|Bulgaria
it's LAME!
it's not for sale in the shops here and I can't buy it! How stupid is that! EA sux!
PS - why not put a map for free in the patch?? Eh??
RhadamanthysSCC
+2|6716|Perth, Western Australia

Nikola Bathory wrote:

it's LAME!
it's not for sale in the shops here and I can't buy it!
Find someone with a credit card, pay them the $10 and have them buy it for your account, how hard can that be?

PS - why not put a map for free in the patch?? Eh??
Why put a free map in the patch?? Eh??

Exactly why is it that you feel entitled to free content? If you can provide a convincing reason why you should get a free map I'll be more than happy to agree with you, note that 'just because' or 'because it'd be nice' and other 'reasons' like that aren't convincing.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6682|Tampa Bay Florida
i like cheese

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard