Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6268|eXtreme to the maX
My company has descended further into clownworld.

During covid they panicked and bought a bunch of very specific microchips to ensure continued production.
After covid they realised they had bought far too many, and simultaneously tasked purchasing with selling them off and engineering with finding uses for them.
Engineering have designed and engineered a new product around this chip, completed field testing and almost completed the compliance testing ready for production prototypes.
Purchasing have sold them all off.

Now engineering need 3-6 months to re-engineer the product around a different chip, complete testing etc.
There are other knock-on effects, the product won't work in the same way, other parts have to be retooled, it won't interface with other products which have been engineered on the assumption that it would - they can be thrown away now.

It would be nice to think it would mean I would have more time to do my bit, which was already being compressed, but I'll bet it will be even more compressed.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,740|6899|Oxferd Ohire
Insanity
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
We haven't had a project meeting since the news. I'm waiting to see the faces of the engineering team.
The whole project could now be unviable.

I've asked for a new project plan, as I have a line-up of actions which need to be done and they either need to continue, or be changed, or put on hold, or cancelled entirely.
There's no plan to produce a plan.

The responsibility for this seems to rest with one of two smug and offensive idiots - waiting to see which one.
Maybe there will be no consequences, maybe not.
What I've sure of is I'm not going to be breaking a sweat to get it back on track.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The funny part is the previous project manager spend the entire project budget on external consultants - who basically delivered nothing because he repeatedly changed the requirements when they were half-way through delivering to the previous set.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard