freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6761

atlvolunteer wrote:

To me its more about tradition than it is Religion.  Christmas has become part of the American tradition, and I would say that a lot of people in the US that celebrate Christmas every year don't consider themselves Christian or go to church.
Deep down all humans are pagans, we love our rituals.
S4INT05
+1|6739|79605, TX
agreed. i don't find myself much of a christain, but our family celebrates it more as a tradition.
randomfire1977
+1|6741|Florida
what is so offensive about peace on earth and goodwill towardmen?  I just got back from visiting China for Christmas.  They had many questions about Christmas, They celebrated it.  Some did not know the whole history of it, others investigated a little.  Many of the Christmas Traditions can be connected to Christianity, others however were incorporated by Christians from various pagan rituals.  But Christmas cannot be spelled without Christ.  Happy Holidays is a derivative (Sp) of Happy Holydays.  Xmas is a cross still.  So Unless you want to call it winter solstice day or something else please stop trying to deChristianize a holiday that is already having to deal with corporate america and money making people. 

Just another two cents and a random post
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728
I have just been saying Merry Christmas to all adults this year. Happy Holidays seems so fake and too polite.

Newbie wrote:

Not everyone is a Christian.
Yeah but as far as white, black, and Hispanic people go it is probably a safe bet on my part. And that's most of the country anyway.

Christmas trees, parades, gifts and shit everywhere. Can't just ignore it all.

I challenge a Muslim or Jew to be offended by my Merry Christmas. We are all tired of their shit and they have bigger problems right now.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

mac wrote:

Newbie wrote:

Here we go …

"Happy Holidays" is currently as American as apple pie. Old1 term, predating complaints of modern euphemism. A not exactly unfamiliar song written by legendary American songwriter, multiple award-winning and Presidential Medal of Freedom laureate, Irving Berlin.

who also wrote:

Americans I've heard whining about "happy holidays" for decades (fitting thread to put this in btw) don't have a leg to stand on. And yes, it is more inclusive language. Imagine grousing about having to be zero-cost charitable and accommodating towards people around Christmastime.

grammarly wrote:

A good rule of thumb: if you don’t know what someone celebrates, use the broader term. It’s as easy as that.

It’s not an insult to Christmas. It’s an inclusive way of wishing someone well and showing that you respect and value whatever tradition they observe.
Oh, no!

It's not even as if the word "Christmas" is at all endangered. Commercially omnipresent from at least July on. 1/2 of every calendar year is Christmas. Even Christians get a little worn out on it.

But Christmas turned from a religious occasion to a largely secular one for many people, the phrase “Happy Holidays” also expanded its usage, becoming a more universal greeting used to include people of various religions, and even a nod to the New Year.
The horror!

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2023-12-22 14:12:49)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6114|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I have just been saying Merry Christmas to all adults this year. Happy Holidays seems so fake and too polite.

Newbie wrote:

Yeah but as far as white, black, and Hispanic people go it is probably a safe bet on my part. And that's most of the country anyway.

Christmas trees, parades, gifts and shit everywhere. Can't just ignore it all.

I challenge a Muslim or Jew to be offended by my Merry Christmas. We are all tired of their shit and they have bigger problems right now.
I'm fine with offending jews over christmas.

Their version, passover, is pretty revolting when you think about it and I'm sure is part of what has delivered their gruesome collective psyche.

I don't think muslims are offended by christmas, why would they be?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard