Yes, it is Mildly Conservatively Biased.7%7% - 6
Yes, it is Majorly Conservatively Biased.13%13% - 11
I never thought about it.3%3% - 3
Other (please state...)12%12% - 10
Total: 80
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6607|Scarborough Yorkshire England
"Why don't the newscasters cry when they read about people who died, at least they could be decent enough to put just a tear in their eye" - Jack Johnson
bruisehound
+14|6796

yerded wrote:

CNN is owned by Ted Turner who is a communist. Ask him.
Holy crap! Thanks for the data!

yerded wrote:

It's funny you cite one of the best known and most biased leftist megaphones as an example of a non biased station.
     You do watch the same CNN, right?
Actually, I read CNN (online). Also, I don't think they're "non-biased" I just think they're "non-left."
Maybe the point I should be making about the Castro story is that suppressing it is America-biased...

Really, they're owned by a communist? That's whack.

Last edited by bruisehound (2006-05-20 13:19:38)

Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6853
we win hands down, Next !
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6669
Next, you say?

"Federal authorities are actively investigating dozens of American television stations for broadcasting items produced by the Bush administration and major corporations, and passing them off as normal news. Some of the fake news segments talked up success in the war in Iraq, or promoted the companies' products."

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/ame … 621189.ece
CameronPoe
+2,925|6571
All media is biased of course. From Fox News at one ridiculous extreme to AL Jazeera at another ridiculous extreme, all media outlets are paid for by people who have vested interests in influencing public opinion.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6669

CameronPoe wrote:

All media is biased of course. From Fox News at one ridiculous extreme to AL Jazeera at another ridiculous extreme, all media outlets are paid for by people who have vested interests in influencing public opinion.
Bias, fine.  Reporting propaganda as news, very wrong.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6853
The point was, do their stories carry a bias or have a slant? we are all in agreement that 99% of them do.
Check poll results
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6669
A bias is irrelevant if the news which is being reported is fabricated... if anything the bias draws attention away from the fact that there are planted propaganda segments in news reports.  The fact that news which is not news is reported as news is a bias in itself.
Random-Hero58
+10|6575|TX
I think it is hard to paint an entire brush on the media. You have to look at each outlet seperately. Some are bias either way. I would say overall though it is mildly to the left.

I also don't think you can paint a news station biased just by its anchors too (the primetime pundits), like say Russert vs O'Rielly each one leans in the other direction.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6853
again I ask, name one more person who dosen't lean left. O'Rielly is on Fox. thats 1
CameronPoe
+2,925|6571
Neil Cavuto and John Gibson. Admittedly though, also on the same station.
Random-Hero58
+10|6575|TX

Horseman 77 wrote:

again I ask, name one more person who dosen't lean left. O'Rielly is on Fox. thats 1
There is Hannity also, but he is balanced out by Alan Colmes.
Erkut.hv
+124|6751|California

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Some of the fake news segments talked up success in the war in Iraq
Someone please show me some good news in iraq. All I ever read about is quagmires and dead troops. Yet every soldier I have spoken to says the place is a lot better. Schools, power and the like. They said it's a shithole, but a better one than when they got there.
Random-Hero58
+10|6575|TX

Erkut.hv wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Someone please show me some good news in iraq. All I ever read about is quagmires and dead troops. Yet every soldier I have spoken to says the place is a lot better. Schools, power and the like. They said it's a shithole, but a better one than when they got there.
Read through the weekly publications here at the Official MNF website: http://www.mnf-iraq.com/publications.htm
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6647|USA
the media (print and online) are just another business. they are there to make money and gain market share.  thats it. if you think its something noble, you are severely naive.  Without big stories they dont make money, so any way to make a story more appealing will happen.  Its just teh way it is folks. plain and simple like that
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6710|San Francisco

Erkut.hv wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Watch our news.  Watch the BBC's reports, and watch Al Jazeera's reports.  Take an average between the positive and negative stories and you'll see which way everything is faring.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6853

Marconius wrote:

Erkut.hv wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Watch our news.  Watch the BBC's reports, and watch Al Jazeera's reports.  Take an average between the positive and negative stories and you'll see which way everything is faring.
This is what I do. However at our home we also add the Cartoon network a lot. They know how to use the remote and I can't stop em. They even notice when the Commercials are different.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6784

Horseman 77 wrote:

Jeff Gannon; some would call him a paid asset of the bush administration but others would say he is just a prostitute, bisexual, and journalist.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA
Well, the fact that what the media says, and what the personnel say that are actually there, are 2 different things, I think a bias is obvious.

Last edited by lowing (2006-05-30 16:53:42)

Random-Hero58
+10|6575|TX
Colmbs is a moron and balances out nothing.

Whoever -1 with that is a moron, Hannity is conservative, colmes is liberal, they balance each other out on the show you retard.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6565|Southeastern USA
The only reason I've ever seen for fox's being labelled a conservative outlet is that they simply don't agree with the liberal networks, have tried to bust the other networks for their indoctrination of the spoon fed masses, so obviously they must be biased (sez their competition). I have also seen them report stories that criticize many conservatives, but these are brushed by the wayside when this argument is brought up. Where people get confused is when they consider FOX's EDITORIAL programming as newscasts, however even in this respect they go out of their way to provide some balance to the spectrum, Brit Hume's panel is always balanced 50/50 with conservatives and libs, for every Charles Krauthammer there is a Juan Williams, for every Hannity there is a Colmes (I love it when they find someone they both disagree with and install a new hole for them), and O'reilly just bounces from one political description to the other, libs call him conservative, conservatives call him lib. What's so wrong about them being the one news outlet that will take the time to show the positive side of world events?

This clip illustrates a tactic commonly found on liberal programs where when they are being proven wrong they interrupt the dissenter and don't let them finish. Note how many times Chris Matthews interrupts Zell Miller, who has committed the ultimate sin of calling out the lib talking heads of his political party, who Matthews has a tremendous boner for. The good stuff doesn't happen until about 6 minutes in, Zell, the good southern Marine he is, has had enough of Matthews' tactics and lets him have it, unfortunately the effect was short lived and Chris Matthews has gone back to being a cocktard disguised as a journalist.

Edit: God I love watching that clip, the look on Chris Matthews' face when Zell loses a boot in his ass is pricless, "Are you gonna let me finish? Are you gonna let me finish? Don't pull that sh...stuff on me."

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/mult … erduel.htm

As for liberal bias in the media, I don't have to prove it exists, Dan Rather did it for me when he chose to run  the air guard story based on documents he knew to be forged.

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-06-02 06:35:59)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA
Well, I have decided that I will only get my information from AL JAZEERA!!

Last edited by lowing (2006-05-31 19:44:38)

spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6557|vancouver
The United States boasts the most sophisticated propaganda machine the world has ever seen.  It is capable of mobilizing public opinion on a scale unparalleled in all recorded history.  It gets the job done.

And if people knew, it wouldn't be true.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6853
    ^
     l
     l

Garbage.

The United State of America has the widest and most diverse amount of news organizations and  all kinds of media. It is a fact that most of them lean left.

Last edited by Horseman 77 (2006-06-13 08:23:13)

Viper38
+118|6686
British media has a mixed bias ... at least in terms of newspapers. Papers like The Times (which is in essence The Sun for 'grown ups') or the Daily Telegraph have a conservative bias. Papers, if you call them such a thing, like The Daily Mail or The Daily Express are strongly conservative and very anti-Blair and anti-European. Then you have The Guardian which has a liberial bias and The Independent which leans ever so slightly to the left.

Of course, the best papers are The Daily Sport or The Daily Star ... low on news and high on boobs (j/k)

Anyway, just put that up for informational purposes

Last edited by Viper38 (2006-06-13 08:27:38)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard