unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

A regular drop-off/pick-up favor turned into a length of time during which I could have gotten most of the way through a Peter Jackson movie cut. I wanted to fold another of the day's tasks into it. There was a nearby mexican grocery, but this person didn't want to go in because they were afraid of La Raza, which I then got to hear about for awhile in vague conservative detail. When asked, they've never been into that particular store. They think they were in one while at Seattle, but I never remember hearing about their Bad Experience with Dirty Looks there, which I'm certain I would have. I watched the store for awhile twiddling my thumbs while they were taking care of whatever, and sure enough there's a steady diverse stream of people walking in and out of it. When I made mention of this, they conceded that it was probably fine. By then, I'd been sitting in the car long enough that I just wanted to go home.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6631|Little Bentcock

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I don't know how to pronounce the name of this girl I am seeing. I met her on an app. The name is "Taran." She is Indian. I am too many dates in to ask her how to pronounce her name. I made out with her already too.

She made a reservation to a restaurant. When I got there I asked her what name she put it under. She said "my name." So I said 4:45 reservation. I was hoping she would say her name aloud to the waiter. She didn't.

This has happened before. There is this Moroccan substitute teacher named Ldymd or something like that. I hooked up with girl back in February. I still haven't a clue how to pronounce her name. I know this girl was genuinely upset when I didn't keep going out with her meanwhile I didn't know how to pronounce her name.

The Indian girl is terrible at kissing by the way. Probably the worst kisser I have ever kissed. She close her opens and closes her mouth really fast like a fish.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/c0d32deeca425106f88cd7753b1396c4/cbbebf9f1e9f5e15-99/s540x810/e844343cf3a58fae10f0d75a1c3ec4d6d71eee87.gif

I tried to get her to go slow and not do that but she still does it just slower. I can't wait to see how she fucks.

I usually use the dating app to filter women from the Middle East and India. Oftentimes they are more prudish than others. I had sex on the first date with a few women from the apps before. So making a commitment to seeing a girl who kisses like a fish a bunch of times until I get to sleep with her isn't something I would do normally. She messaged me first though. If she didn't message me I wouldn't have pursued.
look on the bright side?

https://gifdb.com/images/thumbnail/fish-sucking-eel-mr1s8wyg4c8c9nsa.gif
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6299|Washington St.
Do I want to know what is happening in that gif?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728
My girlfriend is sleeping over this week. She works from home. I lied to my girlfriend about summer school months ago. I told it was 5 days a week but it is really 4 days. I get off every Friday. I told my girlfriend a lie so I can have my Friday open for stuff. But now that she is here, I can't stay in bed or whatever on Friday. So I will have to get dressed, leave in the morning, and then sit in my car in the park or the library. Maybe a Starbucks.

I am off to work. See you soon.
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/ERCWPX/young-man-leaving-home-for-work-with-packed-lunch-ERCWPX.jpg
But really
https://t4.ftcdn.net/jpg/01/32/95/47/360_F_132954718_IIL8GYe6CSnwm9cdNjjRV1mZAt40QleZ.jpg
I feel like one of those guys who are too embarrassed to tell their family they lost their job and instead pretend to still have a job until they snap.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6745|Oxferd Ohire
Nice and trusting relationship eh
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

You're too old to be lying like that.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6299|Washington St.
"Oh I actually have this friday off! Do you want to do something"

Solved.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

If someone in a relationship wants to micromanage all your free time and dictate who you can hang out with and when, or even relegate you to arranged "man-dates" from within their circles, that's toxic. Get out.

If that's what she's really like, rather than mac just being afraid to admit he has time off on the pure suspicion that she doesn't want to let him chill.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Amazon's icon for a movie that's on your watchlist is a checkmark. The mouseover tooltip is "watchlist." The icon for a movie not on your watchlist is a +. The mouseover tooltip is "watchlist."

This isn't 100% clear UI. What was wrong with the "add to watchlist" and "remove from watchlist" tooltips? Why do I have to guess purely from hieroglyphics? Why break what isn't broken?

I want to watch a thing, eventually. Might be tonight, might be 2024. Had to check to make sure it was actually added to my watchlist.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

been here before but hanging around drunk people suuuuuucks. a drunk person (there's like an empty sixpack on the table, "oh most of those are from yesterday" lol k, i guess they just decloaked) with a hair trigger temper, complaining about the drinking habits of another person who is about passed out drunk.

what the heck am i supposed to contribute sober, beyond "yeah that other guy looks pretty wasted." any other offering or interjection skates thin ice. was that a question or a statement? dare i ask for clarification? their own alcoholism as a topic is established off-limits. a casual glance at their empty cans would set them off. i don't need that anxiety in my life. all the while running out of hmms, and yeahs, and i sees, and ah okays, and creative ways to prop my chin on my hand. with no more topics to change to, i just wanted to go home, but departing early gets me hit with the "ah as expected, nobody wants to talk/hang out with me" mopey guilt trip. i don't need that either.

macbeth wrote:

why are you hanging out with drunk people?
enduring a little inconvenience for the greater convenience of being on speaking terms with some of my circles is probably worth not burning those bridges.

i try to be charitable with all this when not on an anonymous forum, but everyone in my life who drinks would be objectively better off without drinking.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6114|eXtreme to the maX
Form their perspective you'd be better off, and less judgmental, if you drank too.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

far be it for me to put down someone's vices to their face. that's what forums are for.

like, they know they got a problem, and they know other people have the same problem, but their problem is off-limits as a topic.

another part of the problem is i'm "established" as a good listener. if i quit now, it might be seen as rude.

politics comes up, i take refuge in the socratic method and cynicism. seems to work.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

i'm "established" as a good listener.
Oh dear lord
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728
Drinkers are strange to me. Their drug literally makes them sick and unable to function. I could spend all night vaping and wake up well rested and relaxed the next day. If I was a drinking all night I would be debilitated.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Form their perspective
Anakin Skywalker said something like that before he slaughtered a roomful of children.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'm going to pick smokers as the most unpleasant people to be around, when they're not smoking they stink.

I think you need to rehearse some useful phrases.

https://www.lifeandstylemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/phoebe-friends-2.jpg?fit=400%2C273&quality=86&strip=all&resize=400%2C273

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/84/5d/33/845d3373e8143ab042d0d4cb338013d3.jpg

etc
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Smokers, the stink, and second-hand smoke is pretty awful to be around. Nowhere is far enough away form doors and windows. I can pick out the awful odor in the smelliest urban intersection from several cars away. If it's so bad you have to roll down your window, just put it out. Hanging it outside your car probably isn't going to help your sickly looking children in the back not develop lung cancer, either.

That said and with the overlap in mind, between the two I would rather hang out with purely smokers than purely alcoholics. At least a lot of smokers have been trained to go huff their poison somewhere else (or the attempt is made).

Side-note: people die of second-hand alcohol all the time. Just ask the (still living) victims of drunk driving and other forms of inebriated violence.

Side side-note: coffee culture is probably the least obnoxious of the big three, but annoying to be around in its own special way. No, I don't care to hear about how confrontational you're going to be without your cup. It feels like some aren't even addicted to the stuff so much as it's a part of their worksona. Imagine storming around an office muttering about how people better stay out of your way because you haven't had your video game fix yet. Can you think of many scenarios in which that would be socially acceptable?
Adams_BJ
Smoking with kids in the car is illegal here, as it should be.

I wouldn't say what you described as coffee culture though, just coffee addiction.

Coffee culture is scoffing at instant coffee because it's not a cold press ethical single source Ethiopian mild roast made by a disadvantaged minority trans barrista with a Pokemon half sleeve and rockabilly hairstyle working at a hole in the wall cafe with furniture made of pallets. And don't you dare add milk or sugar, it ruins the notes from those volatiles. There's a company that actually patented the concept of pouring coffee over a whisky stone.

Super obnoxious.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2023-08-14 17:32:42)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

i should clarify, coffee culture in the workplace, since coffee itself is a much larger thing. imo some of that crotchety dependence gives off some fairly affected, broadcasting, comic strip vibes. coffee snobbery is its own thing i suppose, but i see most of that online. here (and outside of fair trade coffee aisles), it feels rather more a debate between the film and oil and fine tones of mcdonald's mildew served at like 150C, or which identically barista-crushing outlet to take your business lunch to and who gets to brag about whose company gets to pick up the tab.

when i do drink coffee, i go for "weird" coffees, or black. not a lot of in between. not weird like fermented inside the entrails of a putrefying rhinoceros, more like "hazelnut medium roast" that will get me dirty looks from other coffee people when they see the bag, crinkle their nose like it's the world's worst eyesore, and go back to sipping out of their poop emoji mug.
Adams_BJ
Do you have flat whites over there? I hear it's a pretty Australian thing
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Imagine storming around an office muttering about how people better stay out of your way because you haven't had your video game fix yet. Can you think of many scenarios in which that would be socially acceptable?
Well given how many video gamers have shot up high schools I guess not many.

Adam_BJ wrote:

Coffee culture is scoffing at instant coffee because it's not a cold press ethical single source Ethiopian mild roast made by a disadvantaged minority trans barrista with a Pokemon half sleeve and rockabilly hairstyle working at a hole in the wall cafe with furniture made of pallets. And don't you dare add milk or sugar, it ruins the notes from those volatiles.
Thats just Melbourne  though.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

Adams_BJ wrote:

GF drinks flat whites
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Adams_BJ wrote:

i'm going to purely credit new zealand out of spite. it's on the starbucks menu iirc, so pretty common i'd think worldwide.

shaking my fist at another familiar cloud: beeper volume buttons on microwaves are bullshit. why does it have to beep when i just want to mute it? the whole point to muting it is to stop it from making unnecessary noise at 3 am. easy fix: beep should display current volume on the display panel, and then only beep at whatever volume you set it to (0, or clear, no beep). if there must be a beep out of the factory, at least give people the programmable option for sanity.

all these retina-burning LEDs and LCD panels with lighthouse backlighting and blinking clocks always pestering you for programming can all go kick rocks. i could go dig an antique BEIGE frigidaire out of a second hand appliance store and with the exception of some leakage, the thing would have a more reliable basic functionality (keeping food cold) than modern leaking refrigerators.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

maybe someday, reposting will summon uzique
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Then what you need is the new disco fridge from LG

https://www.t3.com/news/lgs-smart-fridg … ur-kitchen

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard