Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Looking at the first one, ~9.5 years ago which would make uziq ~20-21.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Nah, when it came to it Extra Meds never showed.
I'm delegating this fanfic to Mac. Voluntary, there will be no commission. Work something into it about gun springs or the stock market or something.

Maybe it'll break his writer's block on Cucked Hearts.
What we need is a fan-fic account of uziq's demise.

My money is on complications following a low-budget anus-beautification operation at a backstreet cosmetic surgery clinic in Thailand.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

2-4 years ago
Uzique's last post was nearly 11 years ago from that account, and nearly 10 for 'Lesser.
Then pirana6 has been stockpiling these images - well played.

I'll check the actual dates/ages and report back.
I can't remember why but he was being particularly more holier-than-thou than usual so I did a quick search (remember when that worked!?) and made a collage of kys posts and put them somewhere. Took me longer to find where I saved them than it did to search for them 20 years ago.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
A very very weird aspect was posting the Itaewon crush commentary in the 'Girl Problems' thread.

uziq wrote:

https://twitter.com/RT__Colombia/status/1586440404714618882?s=20&t=HzIktj2Z3ah-8w_Y1uP8rQ

this is one of the side alleys. not even the main incident area. it’s next to my friend’s club. normally a quiet side street. littered with bodies. it’s inconceivable to me.

@larssen: i agree with you. seoul has CCTV everywhere too. big eyeball cameras. they should have shut it down when they saw it approaching critical mass. shit started to go wrong at around 10/11pm. by 1am it was a scene of carnage.

all the bars and clubs were still open. loud music blaring. people caught in the crush were shouting to be heard over the music and commotion. people dancing and drinking on terraces, yards away from people dying. total dystopia. the police should have called all those venues, cut the music, and told everyone to sit inside and stay put.

there was basically zero response. i saw bodies stacked like cordwood. i’ve never seen so many people being given CPR at once. and clubs still
open, metres away. drunken patrons stepping over bodies.

don’t even have words. my posts in the last two days expressing extreme skepticism over halloween in korea were portents in the worst possible way.

been texting everyone i know to check on their status. a lot of young women died tonight, in particular. i’ve dated a lot of women in itaewon. i am legitimately worried i’m going to wake up tomorrow and have a few RIP’s.

uziq wrote:

it has been an incredibly quick 2 years, yes.

one of the best things i ever did for myself. new lease of life in early 30s, new perspectives, so many new experiences and lessons i couldn't even tally them all. definitely one of the best ways to reassert control and direction, and a little bit of agency in my life, after having been tossed and turned and pushed this way and that by events, global as well as personal, in recent years. one of the first simply 'nice' things i did just for myself after spending a big chunk of my adult life holding vigil and merely enduring. a bit of self-care, a bit of letting go, a bit of forgiveness. and very grateful i am to korea, too, for that.

of course, some bittersweet aspects and necessary growing pains associated with that, but ... i guess that's how life unfolds.

10/10 no regratz. in my opinion everyone should experience living alone in a foreign place, as a guest or outsider to a culture, for an extended period of time. very valuable. makes not a few of my opinions and attitudes i carried through my 20s seem very naive and provincial, really.
"10/10 no regratz" Literally 4 weeks after witnessing a mass death. Wow.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2023-02-06 02:09:46)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I thought it came up in that thread as a spinoff of the Halloween party discussion that had been spinning off. I still don't have anything against people going to Halloween parties and events, but continuing to press that convo at that point would have been poor karma.

Of all the ways to twist the knife on someone, this vicious double-, triple-down mockery for his proximity to violent tragedy, and then of his way of coping, parsing, and rebounding afterward, seems especially ungenerous. I get your long-time troll battle, but exercise some chill maybe.

As pirana6 has shown, plenty of other angles.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2023-02-06 06:51:50)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
How traumatizing can one mass casualty event be to witness? I have seen photos and videos. It can't be that bad.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Still a really ghoulish hobby imo.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Perfectly normal and American hobby
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

American normal...
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Also normal in America
https://i.redd.it/6jet95pt8bxa1.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Why even have a doorbell then, if it's not because you want to shoot a teen like a fucked up trapdoor spider?

I know it's America, but I'm still having trouble believing this is real (for dilbert's benefit):
https://i.imgur.com/5a6sj4N.png
https://www.ky3.com/2023/04/26/sponsore … utType=amp

From their website:

https://strongermen.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/SMC-2023_Conference-Highlights-Graphic-1-cmp.jpg

I'm sure there's some hamfisted analogies in there somewhere. How many poor people could all this cost have fed? Same criticism to churches who throw wads of cash into more traditional expenses, but man.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2023-05-02 14:38:45)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Louisiana Man Allegedly Shoots 14-Year-Old Playing Hide-And-Seek On His Property
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/lo … r-AA1aXb1o

Whatever happened to shaking your fist at teenagers and telling them to get off your lawn? That's how old people used to do things.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
This is the result of letting Zimmerman and that white kid from Wisconsin get away with their shootings.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Men who want to go stalking around their yard pointing guns at shadows; personality has been carefully cultivated, feeds into itself, and is really difficult to dislodge from someone unless they decide on their own that they've had enough of it.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I know there are a lot of gun owners who want to shoot someone in self defense. I don't know why. I have seen enough internet death to know what a gunshot wound looks like. And you have to be really ignorant to think you won't need to retain a lawyer and deal with a wrongful death lawsuit and/or public shaming even if the the local DA doesn't charge you with the shooting.

That guy that choked out the homeless guy on a train will probably get away with it but he has lawyered up and everyone is digging into his background to find stuff to shame him. Probably wasn't worth the trouble compared to walking to the other side of the train.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
A judge in Virginia has struck down federal laws blocking handgun sales to buyers over 18 and under 21, in a ruling that might augur the rollback of regulation prompted by the Supreme Court’s sweeping expansion of gun rights last year.

Judge Robert E. Payne of Federal District Court in Richmond, Va., ruled on Wednesday that statutes and regulations put in place over the past few decades to enforce age requirements on sales of handguns, like the semiautomatic Glock-style pistols, by federally licensed weapons dealers were “not consistent with our nation’s history and tradition” and therefore could not stand.
A big win for guns rights activists, death, and mayhem
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

A judge in Virginia has struck down federal laws blocking handgun sales to buyers over 18 and under 21, in a ruling that might augur the rollback of regulation prompted by the Supreme Court’s sweeping expansion of gun rights last year.

Judge Robert E. Payne of Federal District Court in Richmond, Va., ruled on Wednesday that statutes and regulations put in place over the past few decades to enforce age requirements on sales of handguns, like the semiautomatic Glock-style pistols, by federally licensed weapons dealers were “not consistent with our nation’s history and tradition” and therefore could not stand.
A big win for guns rights activists, death, and mayhem
I'm still of the opinion that if you can serve in the military, you should be able to do stuff like buy alcohol, tobacco, and firearms, and vote. If you're paying taxes, you should be allowed to vote for your representation. Military age should never be younger than any of those rights. If the research supports and the public feels that young people aren't responsible enough for those other things, then they shouldn't be seen as responsible enough to join the military.

If the Republicans don't like it, maybe they should be forced to pander more towards younger voters to remain relevant. Survival of the fittest. Get their bootstraps on.

Republican presidential hopeful wants to raise voting age to 25 unless you're in the military. @ https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireSto … e-99271615

This guy is in his 30s and he wants to screw people a bit over a decade younger than him. Backstabber! No solidarity with his adjacent generation. The biggest snowflakes in the country, whining that young people have different outlooks and opinions. 'Stop representing them before it's too late!'

If I was a Republican teen coming of age to vote and Republicans managed to raise the voting age to 25, I would vote against them forever.

e:

People of all ages looking to buy a gun should all be subject to mandatory baseline safety training, plus extra training for different types of firearms, plus periodic refreshers maybe every 3-5 years, and more frequently for older and younger age groups. I think semiautomatic weapons should be subject to more rigorous background checks and screening. If there are children in the house that a gun is going to, the children should be expected to take safety and awareness courses oriented towards their respective age groups. Preferably by someone who isn't some idiot who will accidentally discharge into his foot, or a student.

The odds of an accidental and negligent discharge occurring should ideally be astronomical. After awhile, I think a lot of gun owners get overconfident and sloppy, and get all mad and defensive when you tell them off for something stupid. This in combination with the ones who watched too much Rambo and do armed patrols around their suburban yards and maybe down the street a bit. Terrible. I've had it with the 'Gun People' of America, though lowercase 'gun people' can be alright. In all, I think the country could use less weapons in circulation.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2023-05-11 21:34:17)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Eventually the 'sheeple' are going to have enough political momentum to end the stupidity of the 'Gun People', this will impact 'gun people' severely.

'gun people' need to wake up and do something about the excesses of 'Gun People' before this all happens.

I don't see it happening, its all too polarised and there's no space in the middle for sensible things which don't really impact the second amendment at all.
Like stopping people who shouldn't buy guns buying guns (gun shows and person to person transfers without background checks) and stopping people buying guns they have no business buying (you don't need an AR15 and multiple 30 rnd magazines for home defence)
The bottom line is the redcoats aren't actually coming back so the 2nd amendment is pretty well redundant.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

As an aside from the usual argumentation about intentions when it was written, 2a doesn't directly specify "necessary for defense against the British." I'm still for people being able to arm for self-defense. What is someone going to be able to do if they can't evacuate their home? I'm more annoyed at the flaccid controls on gun acquisition and no conditions for ownership. People treat them exactly like they would a toy. It's not uncommon to hear about accidental discharge while someone was fingering inside their jeans pocket, or a weapon being drawn to punctuate an argument with a retail worker. Left sitting around the house like a set of car keys. To belabor a point, American gun culture seems depressingly blasé about firearm safety, and actually defensive to a hostile degree of their attitude. I can't even.

Basic Statista chart indicates handguns are present in more mass shootings than rifles, though it isn't very detailed on what kind of rifle. A pistol is also the tried and true workhorse used by LEOs to put down chihuahuas (did we ever @hollis) all across a country. Truly an inspiration to prospective mass-murderers.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
In the major mass killings its almost always an AR15 though, they do allow a skinny nerd to wield the power of a 44 magnum as easily as shooting a nerf gun.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin
I've been to gun shows, they require background checks. It's a myth you can get a gun at a gun show without background checks.

Edit: Also ar-15's mass shootings statistics are exaggerated. Hell, Virginia Tech shooter used glocks.

Last edited by War Man (2023-05-13 13:35:45)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I do think that the focus on semi-auto rifles in reporting distracts from the numeric and still utterly lethal threat of handguns. A convenient sink for legislative pressure, going after a specific "style" of gun to briefly mollify the gun control public and exchange a few impotent back pats.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I do think that the focus on semi-auto rifles in reporting distracts from the numeric and still utterly lethal threat of handguns. A convenient sink for legislative pressure, going after a specific "style" of gun to briefly mollify the gun control public and exchange a few impotent back pats.
DC v Heller and bruen makes it difficult to pass legislation. also something something a pistol isn't a "weapon of war" whatever taht means.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Let's not forget that the NFA was originally intended for handguns, but politicians saw SBR's and SBS's as a loophole so they added that to the to the NFA. However, realizing that there would be a lot of backlash politicians removed handguns from NFA, but still kept SBR's and SBS's in the NFA.

Last edited by War Man (2023-05-13 17:35:42)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Cybargs wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

DC v Heller and bruen makes it difficult to pass legislation. also something something a pistol isn't a "weapon of war" whatever taht means.
But the whole point of the 2A was to allow the public to possess a weapon of war.

Crazy times.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard