Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Not to forget that while Dilbert's on this path of high and mighty mockery, he's living out in the car-heavy, air-conditioned 'burbs in the middle of a coal nation.
https://i.imgur.com/1uIvYTE.jpg
Flying to conventions in South-Southeast Asia.
Nearly nearly got it all done by remote control, thats my plan for the future, trip report to follow
He's got his own suburbia workshop full of power tools and everything. Surprised he doesn't already own a pickup truck for the five times a year he hauls a new piece of electricity-eating power equipment back home.
Nah, its all 240V, very efficient.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Warman, if/when you do go hunting, steer clear of graboid territory. Lots of novices get hurt.
Which is why he needs the right gun and the right truck.

I mean, what is the best truck for hauling a graboid.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

I mean, what is the best truck for hauling a graboid.
F550 flatbed with a crane winch.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

War Man wrote:

Don't come crying to me when there ends up being too many damn deer getting in roads and causing car accidents. Wolves and other predators can only do so much in hunting, hunters help keep the population down.
Maybe don't put roads in deer habitats.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Like 999% of the country is deer habitat.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Exactly.

Warman needs to stop complaining about deer causing accidents when its actually the cars.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I want to talk to someone about something that happened today. Can't talk about it here unfortunately.

Maybe a priest though I suspect they would tell me I need to leave after I explain I don't want to be better
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/young-latin-priest-man-standing-over-yellow-background-pointing-aside-worried-nervous-forefinger-concerned-surprised-212535668.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Do I even want to pry about what you can't talk about here when you've used this place as a dump for hopefully hypothetical stuff like feeding dogs broken glass.

Or did one of your students drink your hand sanitizer?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2023-02-06 17:28:43)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
You would be impressed by the little hygiene station I have setup. There is hand sanitizer, and tissues. I also keep a cup of cough drops on my desk and am liberal with giving them away.

I think I am fine IRT the thing above. But it is a good catalyst for change.
https://external-preview.redd.it/n2vxFSeXTmLTiLgm3m7HG6Oy7HKFpGUBFamCJkvevJE.jpg?auto=webp&s=ba73cc80c54708c91680fcc7b3eebd004c0355e5
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
If I prayed to God do you think he would listen to my story? Should I do it in the bathroom so that the Alexa and Roomba don't hear me?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Are we talking Bible god, or Conan god?

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Be careful not to disrespect the machine god by not including your smart devices in your humble supplications.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I will do the cross chest and head thing Catholics do. In the name of the father, the son, the holy spirit, and Amazon Web Services.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Had a minor scrape with some flaky old Italian guy - in true wog style "I own a car yard, I'll fix it up real good for ya, no need to bother with insurance, no worries"
Throughout this was racing through my head.

In fact he does own a car yard - half the google reviews say stay the fuck away - if your car goes in with one fault it will come out with three.
I'm not handing my car over to some flaky geezer - who knows what he'll do to it or if I'll ever see it again, maybe it'll be turned into a cube, maybe with me in it.

I've negotiated a new wing out of him, really didn't want to go through insurance myself as they'd probably write it off for me and it would be a shame as I'm attached to it and it has plenty of life left in it - thats one the perils of owning a car which isn't worth much.
That he's agreed - in writing - is a tacit admission which I'm lucky to get, no witnesses and hard to prove who was at fault from the - pretty minor - damage. At least I'm in the clear there.

The bumper was a bit smeared but it was already damaged - from where my sister drove it into the house.
I said as it was already damaged not to worry about it - that was a test to see if he'd be decent and pay for that - but nope.

He's notorious for agreeing to stuff and then not doing it, so we'll see where it goes.
For $100 for a used wing I don't want to wake up with a horses head on my pillow.
I'll probably seize the moment and get a bumper cover too.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2023-02-12 03:31:21)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Dear Dilbert

Request raised by you was closed. The title of the request is :

Teams Tablet in 'Room X' not working

Resolution is :
Meeting room tablet indicated that there was no internet connection.
Restarted pc, no change.
Located meeting room pc under the table and confirmed there were no lights on the NIC port to indicate data exchange.
Located patch panel and exchanged cables to confirm network status on other port.
Meeting room pc NIC lights confirmed data is now being exchanged. Tablet error changed to "unable to sign in".
Restarted Teams pc but no change.
Changed meeting room password after confirming most recent sign in date. - no change.

Found failing patch panel number in the server room and noticed the cable has been removed. After confirming with Ali, I used a new Ethernet cable to patch the port to the switch.
Returned to the meeting room and returned cables to their original ports.
Tablet now displaying meetings.
Test call conducted - Successful - Issue resolved.
Resolved in 94808
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I would be tempted to make up some D&D ritual as a resolution to my IT work orders. Maybe leave a chalk circle and some electronic candles on display in the server room.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its hilarious that engineers have been crawling around under tables etc for weeks trying to get teams working when someone in IT just pulled out a cable in a patch panel for no reason.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Can't wait to hit the Nyquil tomorrow night so I can sleep the last of this cold off
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its hilarious that engineers have been crawling around under tables etc for weeks trying to get teams working when someone in IT just pulled out a cable in a patch panel for no reason.
If you guys have an in-house IT department, those guys should have been on it like same day. Why on earth were engineers crawling around under tables for weeks? You guys could have made the solution so much more difficult. I've spent days fixing computers that would have probably taken like 10 minutes tops if someone hadn't looked up a bunch of dubious fixes and apps on askjeeves or whatever, or hadn't dismantled some of the hardware.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Because they're fucking dumb. Eventually I put in an IT request, still took IT a week to process the request.

It really doesn't help that literally every meeting room, and we have 15+, has a different process to connect to the projector/screen, connect to the network, connect to teams, etc
"Is this the room where I need to be connected by wifi and VPN and can use the projector through teams, or do I need a LAN cable and use the USB dongle and exe to fire up the flat screen? Will sound come through the pod or do I switch on my laptop speaker?"

And it all constantly changes so its like living inside The Cube

So when something doesn't work the first question is - Am I doing something wrong? The next one is - Did the last person to use the room break something? The next is - Does it need a reboot? And so on.
Did some evil IT person pull out a random cable in a backrooom? Is a long way down the list.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Those guys need to have their feet held to the fire. Figure out who dropped the ball. What were they doing that was so important that they ignored such a large issue for so long, forcing other staff to redirect their energies to trying to fix it in their place? I have my suspicions, because I've seen it myself. IT people hole up in their stupid little IT fort secure in their indispensability, and everyone on the outside is just a faceless inconvenience and a subject of derision and mockery. It's a wide brush, I know, but I've been on the inside. Infuriating.

If I was less fair-minded, I'd be tempted to just replace most or all of them with a graduating, certified class out of tech college. Sponsor them to go take extra classes if needed. Might still be tempted anyway. Let the old bunch go get jobs doing cell phone repair at one of those places stacked like 8 feet in Pentium II rigs.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2023-02-17 01:44:04)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Literally IT:

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Really a whole lot of the IT stuff needs to be torn out, binned, and something consistent rolled out across the site.

Thats not even the worst of the IT problems by a long shot, the SAP guy needs to be put on a rack for a start.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
On track for promotion, you got it
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I donated a total of $430 to various Turkey/Syria focused charity campaigns.

Then I remembered - they're both muslim countries.

I asked for it back but IFAW, UNICEF and UNHCR all said no - cunts.

So I'm down $430 and only muslims benefited

Fuck

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard