unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

If American police misadventures were sliced in half, youtube would probably be an 80% happier place.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I'm not particularly a fan of racer bois brapping up and down the neighborhood streets at 2 am. But even less of a fan of the confrontational relationship between the police and the public. There is no reason for a public servant like that, at the standards they should be held, to be dripping that much venom at someone's loud car. I've seen more polite interactions with killers.
his car wasn't even that loud. it just "burbbled" as it downshifted/slowed down. a lot of "sports" cars have that as default either way these days.
Even in the case of loud cars though, this cop's acting the typical dickhead. Some of these guys live for this sort of thing.
on other note, there's so many bullshit cop videos of tourists visiting california and cops give people ticket for "not having a califronia driving licence" when they're from another country lmao.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

Dilbert_X wrote:

Doesn't matter, if he flicks a switch which has 'track mode' on it then he's in trouble. Its patently obvious you shouldn't do that on a road.

People rarely read their insurance documents, they routinely say - 'insurance invalid if vehicle used illegally'.

If the local law says 'must meet drive-by noise at all times' then its his problem and not Hyundai's.

This specific case could go either way but people are often surprised that what they think is right isn't.
like i said, there is no such thing as track mode in that car lmao. n mode does =/= track mode.

Last edited by Cybargs (2022-12-20 03:45:41)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
uziq
+492|3449

Dilbert_X wrote:

You'll be glad to know exhaust noise is carefully tuned to achieve that effect, those things could have been practically silent but they've been engineered for maximum annoyance.

Now you know how your neighbours felt when you had a house party with your fancy speakers.
i don't turn my fancy speakers up loud, they're monitors not a PA. turning them up loud is a good way to break them.

studio monitors are also highly directional and focalised, and i never purchased a subwoofer. the room i use them in has acoustic treatment.

all in all: try again.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716
The cop could have just explained that the guy can't drive in the special mode instead of literally cancelling his car registration. I don't write up every single little thing the students do that annoys me.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

You'll be glad to know exhaust noise is carefully tuned to achieve that effect, those things could have been practically silent but they've been engineered for maximum annoyance.

Now you know how your neighbours felt when you had a house party with your fancy speakers.
i don't turn my fancy speakers up loud, they're monitors not a PA. turning them up loud is a good way to break them.

studio monitors are also highly directional and focalised, and i never purchased a subwoofer. the room i use them in has acoustic treatment.

https://i.imgur.com/gsHS7aw.jpg
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3449
that was a house party at a student accommodation in – what? – 2012?

not 'my speakers' and definitely not my living accommodation.

how incredibly creepy that you pulled up an image from literally a decade ago, lmao. "wow you are obsessed with me".

btw the studio monitors in that picture, the KRK's on top, did get destroyed. precisely because they're not meant to be used as hi-fi speakers. but lmao if you look at any of the speakers in that picture and think they're "fancy". that's all as budget as it gets.

Last edited by uziq (2022-12-20 05:06:51)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/gsHS7aw.jpg
Back in 2012 we thought this quality photo was HD.
uziq
+492|3449
i highly doubt that considering it was taken on a disposable film camera.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716
They were still selling those in 2012? I haven't seen one in decades.
uziq
+492|3449
they're incredibly common. you can buy them in vending machines, with automatic collection points, right here in the street in korea.

every Boots or high-street-style pharmacy/department store in the UK will have a photo-lab or at least a collection point.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6681|United States of America
I'm not even sure if Walgreens does that anymore. Their website lists options for uploading photos more than it speaks about anything on film, but I'm sure it's still gotta exist somewhere. By 2010 I already have the recollection of people with those colorful Sony Powershot type cameras when creating drunken facebook fodder.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

CVS still develops photos.
uziq
+492|3449
most services now just involve transferring the developed photos straight to CD/web. but they're still developing the film, obviously. people have less of an attachment to the physical object, or photo album, i guess.

anyway, they're precisely great for leaving around at house parties or taking to festivals. the point, click, and forget method can create some very amusing, not to say accidentally magic, results when you get them back 3 weeks later. or you just get a bunch of poorly exposed photos of pale sweaty people gurning, wide-eyed, in various arrangements of tangled limbs and sundry erotic contortions. sometimes.

i hadn't even seen or remembered that picture myself in probably about a decade. dilbert has it bookmarked somewhere. creeeeEEEEEeepy.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716
Detective Dilbert, what evidence do you have of me in your case folder?
Larssen
+99|1884
I'm awaiting the day Dilbs prints out pictures of uziq for shooting practice
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

Would he though? It's always struck me as more of a friendly, mutual hate boner between the two than anything violent?
uziq
+492|3449
i think it's persistently amusing that he keeps acting as if he knows more about my life than i do, and has all the facts lined up.

'gotcha! here's a picture of you playing your speakers and annoying your neighbours'.

erm, no, not my speakers, not my neighbours, no neighbours even to annoy, in fact. lmao.

dilbert knows best.

if he had a life of his own he could divert his energies on something worthwhile.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Larssen wrote:

I'm awaiting the day Dilbs prints out pictures of uziq for shooting practice
Why would I do that when SE Asia is a stones throw away and I can just punch him in the face?
So stupid.
uziq
+492|3449
i would actually fancy jay’s chances better than you. even if he’s old and fat, the man has a basic height and mass advantage. shooting paper targets and fantasy role playing over the paras doesn’t actually make you a tough guy, dilbert.

plus you’ll have to get through my entourage of beautiful female bodyguards first. i am reliably informed that they’re all devoted to me and would die for me.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/29/article-2381052-1B03F65C000005DC-523_634x428.jpg

Last edited by uziq (2022-12-21 00:49:37)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Pretty sure this is what the SK army is made of

https://images.hindustantimes.com/img/2021/06/24/1600x900/AFP_9AG6JJ_1621765414533_1624543525746.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

Self-mate there, buddy. Punching down on a boy band by showing off your knowledge of boy bands with a photo of their 2021 single is hardly the best way to project dated machismo.
uziq
+492|3449
military service in SK is actually pretty long, comparatively speaking, and quite tough. taiwan's, for instance, in comparison is shorter and much more basic. bullying and harsh treatments are widely reported. considering the DPRK have one of the largest standing militaries in the world and seem like they're not fucking about, the training south of the border is a little more intensive than 'i nearly signed the papers for the dad's army/territorial army', as you keep going on about with your weird sense of false valour.

the TA? were you nearly trained how to tie a knot and camp in the woods with a mess tin and a bivvy, son?

plus koreans are the tallest and generally most built of the east asians. i wouldn't fancy my chances against a 6ft3 korean who has just spent 18 months freezing and being hazed at a barracks on a mountainside. this climate and terrain has produced a pretty hardy folk. pair that with pretty harsh and punitive education systems, the hangovers of very recent military dictatorship in the parents'/grandparents' generation ... yeah, koreans aren't exactly coddled.

young korean males are one of the most anti-feminist demographics on the planet, to the point that they actually swing to vote for the extreme conservative candidates, compared to their international peers of similar age. they might know how to dress and groom themselves, but they're far from effeminate, dilbert.

have you ever been in a fight dilbert? it really bemuses me that a person with zero actual physical aptitude demonstrated in their whole lives fancies themselves as this masculinist, macho guy. you're a real walter mitty. designing periscopes once upon a time doesn't make you a hardened submariner, mate. you present a very bizarre impression.

say what you will about BTS and other korean males, they might all live at home well into their 30s and be de-facto adolescents until marriage, but at least none of the above are mummy's boys living deluded walter mitty military fantasies at home well into their late 40s. eeeesh.

Last edited by uziq (2022-12-21 01:50:13)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If Jay can kick your ass I could probably kick your ass.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

uziq wrote:

young korean males are one of the most anti-feminist demographics on the planet, to the point that they actually swing to vote for the extreme conservative candidates, compared to their international peers of similar age. they might know how to dress and groom themselves, but they're far from effeminate, dilbert.
it's basically a highly militarised society starting from schooling. Taiwan was a bit similar with everyone having a serial number and you're referred to by your number and not your name.

dilbs you couldve joined the ADF reserves at any time... idk why you keep talking about almost glory days of the army.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard