uziq
+492|3422
https://twitter.com/drrebeccatidy/statu … eJn2Km8Bng

anyway, apparently there's discord servers for plods in which to get access you have to even show your cop credentials.

apparently these discord servers are 4chan levels of toxic. far-right rhetoric, racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia -- the chef's selection of liberal outrage, naturellement. but it does seem that this is an established trend within the police force, and i do think it is overwhelmingly of public interest in a way that, say, private mesasages between private citizens on whatsapp are not. these people are entrusted with 'keeping the peace' and protecting our freedoms, and yet they seem to be forming a 'fifth column' of idiocy instead.

is it too much to expect that our police officers exhibit good moral standing? especially when these same people are routinely accused of institutional racism, institutional homophobia, abuses of power ... and are implicated in people dying in custody, women being kidnapped and raped, etc.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

This doesn't surprise me. I am also not surprised that these morons would post PII just to get on a discord server. I would love to see an undercover investigation link their names to their bigoted rants and post it somewhere highly public.

I wonder if Hollis is commiserating on one of those.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
There's a big fat overlap between this and cancel culture

"This person voted Republican/Democrat, lets get them fired from their job at Burger King"

Obviously its undesirable for people to have opinions but what can you do?

uziq wrote:

all this post-2000s communications act stuff is targeted at social media age, a thin-skinned era in which people post online transparently under their real names and 'real' identities. this is a 90s era web1.0 creation. get onboard or get off the train, cuck. we post under USER HANDLES here, we have forum AVATARS, we form fictitious CLANS which in no ways resemble real-life guilds or militias.
If inciting people to commit suicide were a crime, and it should be, you'd still be in prison.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I mean...

You get cops who make up stories to get food workers fired, and then food workers get fired when they refuse to serve the police. A lot of this "cancel culture" gripe in this country is purely Republican projection. As such, I don't really need to hear about "both sides." They've made clowns of themselves, "help, help, I'm being canceled! Buy my merch!"

Boycotting pillow guy for his Trumpian madness isn't cancel culture. It's a boycott. If you spend more than $20 Amazon prices and instead opt for a pair of well-rated jeans made sustainably with fair labor, you're not canceling the Xouidgha fine brand-of-the-week with seams that will pop open after two washes; you're just taking your business where you feel more comfortable (and probably putting a bit of reading and effort into it as well).
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
But what if the trouser stitchers are literal communists?

Shouldn't they be fired for having the wrong opinion in a capitalist work place?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Why the heck are you in such a snit about the feelings of ultra-conservatives?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
First they came for the ultra-conservatives.

Don't forget America wouldn't be a country if a group of ultra-conservatives hadn't got together and decided that someone else should pay taxes.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

There's a big fat overlap between this and cancel culture

"This person voted Republican/Democrat, lets get them fired from their job at Burger King"

Obviously its undesirable for people to have opinions but what can you do?

uziq wrote:

all this post-2000s communications act stuff is targeted at social media age, a thin-skinned era in which people post online transparently under their real names and 'real' identities. this is a 90s era web1.0 creation. get onboard or get off the train, cuck. we post under USER HANDLES here, we have forum AVATARS, we form fictitious CLANS which in no ways resemble real-life guilds or militias.
If inciting people to commit suicide were a crime, and it should be, you'd still be in prison.
where has anyone been arrested for their political views?

is there a political party based around racism, misogyny, homophobia, etc? i believe they are classified as ‘hate groups’, not official political parties (even if the overlap might be depressing).

‘inciting people to commit suicide’. people have been arrested for this. it has happened. people have trolled the chats of live streamers who are clearly in a crisis and depressive episode. people have egged on suicide and have rightfully been arrested for it.

calling you a fucking idiot for peddling vaccine suspicion, conspiracy theories, anti-scientific racist rubbish, und so weiter, is not actively encouraging your suicide. get a grip. you fucking little pansy drip-nosed live at home cuck idiot!

Last edited by uziq (2022-11-06 00:41:23)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

wtf is coming for the conservatives? If anything, Americans should be concerned about the conservatives coming for them. Which they have been doing. Jan 6, threatening pregnant women, harassing survivors of school shootings and their families, and the families of the dead. Actively trying to roll back hard fought for liberties because it's not something they think other people should be doing!

For the last like 30 years I've paid attention to this crap it's been the conservatives threatening to take liberals "out back" to "put a bullet in their brainpan."

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-11-06 01:01:00)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

uziq wrote:

legislation can be modified by a number of judicial and legislative mechanisms. sorry but i don't think you can blame tessa jowell for not predicting the interpretation of her laws 20 years in the future, especially in an area as fast-moving as communications. it's often the case that laws addressed at technology (or social mores, for that matter) quickly become defunct or need rephrasing. it's part of the process. write to your MP. (or if the appeal goes through successfully, perhaps some case law amendment will be made; i don't know, i haven't read up on my legal chops in about 12 years and can't remember how the statutory-common law stuff works itself out).
Naw, it's a broadly written law that is meant to capture almost anything. they knew what they were doing imo. when legislation liek this gets passed you usually get some noise from the bar/ solicitors associations etc about every hypothetical scenario.

It's like any other 'offensive language/conduct laws' - they're not 'supposed to' arrest people for poltiical reasons but they always do.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
uziq
+492|3422
i mean, free speech is intrinsically political. there’s not going to be any point where an offence regarding speech or communications is not ‘politicised’. for as long as the UK keeps any statute or case law on its books that relates to this, it’s going to have a political dimension.

but i’m basically okay with cops being arrested for falling way below the line of basic human decency. the police force should be staffed by people with integrity. it’s a prerequisite for maintaining law and order.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

is there a political party based around racism, misogyny, homophobia, etc?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_Zionist_Party
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

wtf is coming for the conservatives? If anything, Americans should be concerned about the conservatives coming for them.
Well at least the ultra-conservatives are safe.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

is there a political party based around racism, misogyny, homophobia, etc?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_Zionist_Party
lol you’re like a rat with a lever dispensing cocaine. bing.   bing.           bing
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You don't like being answered with facts, its OK.
uziq
+492|3422
ha ha ha ha ha ahahahahhahahahahaaah
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert, you've been rejecting facts since the start of the pandemic. For starters. You don't get to take that angle. It's been exhausting keeping up with all your covid conspiracies and nutty vaccine paranoias.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
uziq asked for an example of a political party 'based around racism, misogyny, homophobia, etc'

I gave him one.

The Religious Zionist Party is opposed to any territorial concessions, to Palestinian or Syrian claims for land. Some members support the annexation of the entire West Bank, though the official policy of the Jewish Home parliamentary faction, of which the party was aligned between 2013 and 2019, only supports annexation of Area C of the West Bank, which makes up 63% of land in the West Bank.[43][44] The party is opposed to recognition of same-sex marriage on a religious basis.[45] The party advocates for increased funding for Torah study and religious education.
In rabbinic literature, a heavy emphasis is placed on Torah study[1] for Jewish males, with women being exempt.
racism, tick
misogyny, tick
homophobia, tick
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

uziq wrote:

i mean, free speech is intrinsically political. there’s not going to be any point where an offence regarding speech or communications is not ‘politicised’. for as long as the UK keeps any statute or case law on its books that relates to this, it’s going to have a political dimension.

but i’m basically okay with cops being arrested for falling way below the line of basic human decency. the police force should be staffed by people with integrity. it’s a prerequisite for maintaining law and order.
"good soldiers follow orders"

For all the faults that america has, its legal protection of free speech by far is the best.

I mean in aus we saw counter terrorism police units being sent to a youtuber's staff house and arrested him "stalking the deputy premier"

At least Australian Tucker has values to call this out.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq asked for an example of a political party 'based around racism, misogyny, homophobia, etc'

I gave him one.
I've long since lost count of how many times you've asked for examples and then disregarded them. It's like keeping up with Trump tweets.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

I gave him one.
I've long since lost count of how many times you've asked for examples and then disregarded them. It's like keeping up with Trump tweets.
well there is a party in aus thats based on that...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauline_H … One_Nation

https://www.9news.com.au/national/one-n … 7dd06e1150

Dilbs would say theyre not misogynist cos its led by a woman.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

How much of a complete egotist do you have to be to name a political party after yourself.
uziq
+492|3422

Cybargs wrote:

For all the faults that america has, its legal protection of free speech by far is the best.
i think alex jones's accountants might disagree with you.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

uziq wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

i think alex jones's accountants might disagree with you.
i wonder what his lawyer thinks then
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

How much of a complete egotist do you have to be to name a political party after yourself.
shes afraid other people will rise above her in the party. one her party's senator asked for a 'final solution to immigration.'

so yeh, dont know why dilbs had to find a "the jews" example when we have one at home.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard