Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
I think we should have artistic freedom - but its not compatible with multiculturalism

Choose one of the two, you can't have both.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Dilbert, do I need to point out that your pic is from Die Hard? Like, not real characters?

You have such a binary view of tolerance. "It's either maximum intolerance, or everything goes." There's no in between with you. There are laws against things like murder that don't have to be bypassed for the sake of inclusion.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-08-14 01:20:31)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

There are laws against things like murder that don't have to be bypassed for the sake of inclusion.
Aaaand what happens when the local laws are in conflict with the values of the people who are vying for inclusion?
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

I think we should have artistic freedom - but its not compatible with multiculturalism

Choose one of the two, you can't have both.
what total and utter fucking nonsense.

it is entirely compatible. 99.9% of 'ethnic' minorities in multicultural societies have no problem existing within a broad democratic framework.

religion is a private or family matter to the majority of people. contrary to your sub-The Sun tabloid guff, muslims don't want to impose 'muslamic shariah law' on the poor victimised englishman. they're fine obeying the laws of the country as they are.

some of the most multicultural societies in the history of civilization have produced some of the greatest art.

are you telling me vienna and the austro-hungarian empire didn't produce good art? lmfao.

you are a total nutzoid on this topic, i'm sorry.

Last edited by uziq (2022-08-14 03:54:09)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If life under Islam is so great why don't muslims want to stay in muslim countries?

If life under Islam is so terrible muslims want to leave why do they bring it with them?

I'm not too interested in what art a civilisation produced before it collapsed TBH, there are bigger issues.
uziq
+492|3422
most muslims do reside in 'muslim countries', dilbert?

the major population groups of muslims in the UK came from ... ex-imperial dominions.

you are thick as a plank, man.

Last edited by uziq (2022-08-14 04:36:21)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So why do they come to Britain if white people and Christianity are so hateful?
uziq
+492|3422
the biggest groups of refugees today are from iraq, syria, afghanistan and iran. i wonder what happened there that would induce them to flee?

you spend half your life on this forum ranting about blair and the afghan-iraq wars ... then accuse refugees of leaving because they 'hate their religion'? you must be fucking kidding.

So why do they come to Britain if white people and Christianity are so hateful?
erm, the majority of people don't think this way? what are we even arguing against here, seriously. your invented fictions? this is not clever.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

the biggest groups of refugees today are from iraq, syria, afghanistan and iran. i wonder what happened there that would induce them to flee?
Civil war and hardline islamists taking control?
uziq
+492|3422
so you simultaneously accuse them of hating the west and christianity but then acknowledge that they’re fleeing from hardline islamists?

i would have thought that muslims who hate christianity and the west would have been enthralled to live in a medieval theocracy.

make it make sense.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If Islam is great then you'd think hardline Islam would be even greater.
uziq
+492|3422
you literally make no sense. you couldn't analyse your way out of a one-way tunnel.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

There are laws against things like murder that don't have to be bypassed for the sake of inclusion.
Aaaand what happens when the local laws are in conflict with the values of the people who are vying for inclusion?
Normally they just go about with their lives. Isolation, ghettoization, and indeed financial instability just makes people easier targets for hardliner recruitment.

And seriously you of all people shouldn't be trying to Socratize anyone here.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Alexander Dugin - Nearly
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-21/ … /101355084

Neat trick, getting your daughter to drive your car.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Dilbert_X wrote:

Alexander Dugin - Nearly
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-21/ … /101355084

Neat trick, getting your daughter to drive your car.
She was a nationalist bitch too. Still crazy somebody would want to off him.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
god save the queen a fascist regime
uziq
+492|3422
really somehow don't want to be away from home when this happens.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
You want to take part in the national mourning?
uziq
+492|3422
there will be a week of national mourning, iirc, yes. it's the end of an epoch, whether you're a staunch monarchist or not.

i'm broadly left-wing but there's nothing more tedious than people who make a loud show of their anti-monarchism.

marx didn't mention royal families in his foundational critique. because, even 150 years, they were fucking irrelevant as to who runs the world and who exploits people the most.

there's literally zero revolutionary stakes in people applauding the queen dying. it's like: OK, well done, you really have some bold political opinions!

she's a symbol of a nation that is quickly going down the toilet. she oversaw the (mostly peaceful) dissolution of the empire. she was a moderating influence, not a wannabe despot.

i got no problems with the queen. and i want to be around english-accented people when all this shit goes down, naturally.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The whole class system and establishment is built under the royal family, I don't have an issue with the queen but I'd like to see the whole thing dismantled.
uziq
+492|3422
i agree with that about 90%, with some minor caveats. i wouldn't want to throw out every tradition or aspect of the class system.

the queen overall dispensed with her duties well, not much scandal or dirt clung to her, we certainly could have had much worse for one of the most consequential centuries in britain's history – like her son, for example.

bracketing off the immense privilege, she was also a model of public service and personification of old-fashioned ideas of duty. that's all gone and faded now like old crinoline. we live in an altogether more vulgar – more democratic – age. i'm not entirely glad to see that part of the world vanish forever.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Well at least she will die without seeing Scotland leave and the Irish reunifying.

I agree she was almost perfect as far as a constitutional monarch in this day and age can be. That said, her reign oversaw the collapse of the British overseas empire, and if she had lived a few more years the collapse of the United Kingdom. Not her fault and little she could do within the system she was a part of but at the same time a more active monarch may have been able to salvage more than your country has now.
uziq
+492|3422
but a more active monarch would have attracted (just) criticism of being ... autocratic and out of semblance with all democratic norms.

it took a few long centuries of struggle and bloodshed to put the constitutional monarch in their box in the UK's parliamentary system.

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
The queen is officially dead.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard