unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Sounds like it could be a fun experience.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I mac'd a fwp earlier that was less of a fwp and more of a problem in general. I feel like I need to provide an actual fwp in its place:

New dryer died last week, was too busy to take it in under warranty. Hopefully next week. I hung onto some of the dirty laundry as long as I could, but the basket couldn't take anymore. Turned today into a laundry day, was expecting it to be worse for the overcast, now it's partly cloudy, warm, with a stiff breeze. Shirts practically dry as soon as I got them off my shoulder and onto the line.

Two cords drawn. Might install a third and keep doing this to save a bit of juice every now and then. Might hang jeans out to dry in the future, since they always have to go for another (partial) cycle anyway, but definitely prefer to tumble-dry shirts and towels.

e: Nobody is bbqing nearby, which is nice. I don't want to walk around smelling like a steak.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
un13s Mac'd post

I've spent 2/3rd of my life now bearing the actual consequences of other people's inept or absent decision-making and having to listen to them complaining about it.

About another 30 years to go and should be over. Looking forward to it.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I didn't see the post before it got Mac'd

Hanging clothes outside is strange. Could have just ironed them.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Some clothes don't take well to ironing. Jeans just dry straight, no point. Hang your shirts up or properly fold and they won't really need it. My iron exists to triage any wrinkles that somehow make it through, and honestly if I don't just toss clean, dry clothes into a pile, I don't see any. Painstakingly drying like 30 articles of clothing with an iron seems stranger than just hanging them on a line. Chore time better spent cleaning/dusting parts of the house imo.

Does nobody line-dry in your state?

@dilb, for like your job or more personally?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Oh personal life.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Yeah that sort of thing is kinda ass.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Sorry for your troubles. I hope it all works out.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

https://i.imgur.com/7J6Ydqs.gif
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Do you remember the ATG thread where he used that image?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Sounds familiar, but mostly I just seem to remember getting banned by burnz from a minecraft server I no longer played.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Do you remember the ATG thread where he used that image?
No?

unnamedfurry13 wrote:

Sounds familiar, but mostly I just seem to remember getting banned by burnz from a minecraft server I no longer played.
Maybe that zalgo thing is why jsnipy banned me.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Bank account locked because of too many login attempts. I accidently put in the wrong password 3 times and now I need to call during "business hours" to unlock it. The bank I use is a small regional one. Situation makes me want to switch banks.

"Don't put in your password wrong" Well I was told I should use a long password with upper cases and numbers and other stuff. How about I not get locked for getting part of the long password wrong? Too many passwords and accounts to all remember.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Another annoying account thing with this bank and many other serivces: Emails saying "You have a new message. Log in to (service) to see it." How about just telling me what it is over email? At least give me the subject of the message.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Passwords alone are insecure. A complex password will thwart casual login attempts. Use a passphrase instead and maybe prefix or append some symbols or numbers somewhere you can recall with a mnemonic.

Use a password manager.

If your bank has multi-factor, definitely opt into that.

It should be reassuring if a bank locks a suspicious looking payment or logon attempt. I'd rather be inconvenienced than robbed.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Use a passphrase instead and maybe prefix or append some symbols or numbers somewhere you can recall with a mnemonic.
That is what I have for the bank. I might have accidently capitalized or not capitalized something in the three attempts. Would have been nice to let me know I only had three attempts.

The regional bank's website doesn't work with Chrome's password manger. The phone app does but the website is a pain. That is in fact why I started using the app. The bank I would switch to website works with Chrome's password manager and I already have an account with them through my main credit card. They also have a branch down the street from me.

I know it is a real overreaction to switch all of my banking info to a new service but the other bank's online banking user experience is better. I don't really use any other service of the regional bank. And last week they did threaten to hit me with a fee for making too many deposits to my investing account. Stretching my patience.

I would prefer to use the post office for banking.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St … ngs_System
I was really impressed by the the USPS when I had to switch my mailing address. 6 months of free mail forwarding. Did you know the post office also has a free service that shows you what mail is coming in?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Yeah i recommend it to everyone!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Pretty sure I have multi-factor authorisation on most things, savings accounts are set to only transfer to linked accounts, setting up a new linked account is a bit complex, requires authorisation etc.

One thing I can remember is vehicle registrations - make, model, registration, a date and a symbol or two - not in that order, makes for a fairly long password which I can actually remember.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2022-08-31 03:02:18)

uziq
+492|3422
face ID is a godsend here. have it enabled on all my important and sensitive accounts. all for biometrics, especially if they’re done by apple, i.e. the data never leave the security chip on your device.

if the CIA still complain about the inaccessibility of certain smartphones made by apple then i’m happy doing my banking on these mobile devices.

korea’s web security is barmy. thoroughly 1990s. still have to use internet explorer for a lot of things. pretty sure they didn’t get rid of activeX until very recently. some of the strangest things here are weirdly palaeolithic and clearly haven’t been changed since the first great web revolution in the 90s.
uziq
+492|3422
unrelated but this is just too fucked up a FWP not to post.

came home drunk the other night and remembered i had some washing soaking in the machine, waiting to be laundered. drunkenly tried to take out and insert some of the detergent pods - you know; the ones in soft plastic that quickly melt into your laundry load.

well turns out the humidity and steam of my bathroom, post-shower (it’s where their washing machines are located, in large wet rooms; don’t ask) caused those little things to pop in my hands.

i had a weird red mark on my shoulder blade the day after and didn’t connect the dots as to why. but, worse, i must have touched my nuts at some point before sleep because … yeah. in the last two days my entire scrote has gone redder than a prize apple and as leathery as a bat wing. i had no idea why. i wondered if the humidity or a recent sexual encounter could be responsible. can a girl sucking your balls in make up give you scrotal eczema?

no. turned out i gave myself a nasty chemical burn to my own nutsack. that area having especially thin and permeable skin, for obvious physiological reasons, made it a particularly unsuitable place for a lather of strong laundry detergent.

my entire balls peeled today in one clean go. like a snake shedding it’s skin. basically have a perfect death mask of my balls, in one intact piece.  they’re good as new. shiny, almost. as clean as they’ve ever done been.

FWP.

Last edited by uziq (2022-08-31 04:15:40)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'm currently writing programs for four robots at two different sites in Malaysia remotely.
We also have a prototyping robot here.
The processes are similar with slight differences for slightly different products - and we are developing the processes as we're going along.
All this should have been done about a year ago, not two weeks after mass-production should have started, but then the product design is still being developed on the fly so pretty hard to finalise the processes - or add a completely new process the company has never used before....

All five robots have been set up differently, positioning, tooling, plus programming errors. Some of the tooling isn't what we thought it was and the offsets are all different.
One robot is mounted at 45 degrees to the work table for no obvious reason, two are back to front, another is hanging from the roof of the housing instead of being fixed to the table. Each one has a different offset in three dimensions to the work table and another three rotations.

It would be great to at least commonise the tooling and positioning  and it should be easy to update the programs and the software is designed for this but no, all the previous programming has been done using base coordinates not global offsets and you can't convert from one to the other easily eg via a spreadsheet or dismantling the code in some other way (at least as far as I've found) - it has to be done line by line on the machine or a machine.
Some of the tooling offsets have been entered wrong so the base coordinates have already been fudged to compensate.

So I'm having to combine ~three six dimensional fudge factors to make one 6d fudge factor to run the code on the prototyping machine, and the same again to reverse it to send back to run on the actual machine - for four different machines at the same time.

It seems my predecessor spent about a year writing a faulty procedure to cover about 2% of the process, and little else, and let the various subcontractors run wild and free doing their own thing.

My next project will be to write some actual procedures, blow all of this away and get it all set up and programmed properly.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

uziq wrote:

unrelated but this is just too fucked up a FWP not to post.

came home drunk the other night and remembered i had some washing soaking in the machine, waiting to be laundered. drunkenly tried to take out and insert some of the detergent pods - you know; the ones in soft plastic that quickly melt into your laundry load.

well turns out the humidity and steam of my bathroom, post-shower (it’s where their washing machines are located, in large wet rooms; don’t ask) caused those little things to pop in my hands.

i had a weird red mark on my shoulder blade the day after and didn’t connect the dots as to why. but, worse, i must have touched my nuts at some point before sleep because … yeah. in the last two days my entire scrote has gone redder than a prize apple and as leathery as a bat wing. i had no idea why. i wondered if the humidity or a recent sexual encounter could be responsible. can a girl sucking your balls in make up give you scrotal eczema?

no. turned out i gave myself a nasty chemical burn to my own nutsack. that area having especially thin and permeable skin, for obvious physiological reasons, made it a particularly unsuitable place for a lather of strong laundry detergent.

my entire balls peeled today in one clean go. like a snake shedding it’s skin. basically have a perfect death mask of my balls, in one intact piece.  they’re good as new. shiny, almost. as clean as they’ve ever done been.

FWP.
The other day I was masturbating and blood came out instead of cum. I thought I got a STD but it didn't happen again.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Da fuck mac
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Why are you bullying me? Uzique almost gave himself a chemical castration and you are bullying me instead.
uziq
+492|3422
there was a coin-sized sore where i guess the not fully decontaminated digit made contact with the sack. because of the permeability of the male scrote i assume the surfactant or whatever the hell spread out rapidly, like oil on water or an atom-thick carbon nanotube, and quickly abreacted my entire nutz.

i was a little worried, given the ambient humidity here, that i would develop some sort of decaying crotch rot or infection, but my superior aryan form literally popped it off like a bronze casting. my nuts are here for at least the next 2000 years.

i read about 2 lines of dilbert’s last post and i glazed over. if there’s any third-world countries suffering a shortage of anaesthesia drugs they should find this twot to talk about his fucking soul crushing job.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard