Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

trump was elected to the white house. did you miss that part?
Yes, yes he was, then somehow Biden stole the election.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
the people who contest the election are essentially adult children. they've never met with any strong resistance to their infantile wish-fulfillment stuff in their lives.

a civil war? i think that's massively over-stating it.

i could foresee there being pockets of violence. but a coordinated civil war? most of these people would scurry.

the FBI has already acknowledged several times that the biggest threat posed to america is by far-right domestic terrorists. but you've oddly downplayed that before in the past. how you think there's going to be a civil war but also downplay the very material threat posed by extremist groups is beyond me. you simultaneously downplay the activities of actual groups threatening violence but then imagine that Cleetus and Ella Sue are going to grab their pitchforks in a general insurrection. make it make sense!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

How is this an argument that's been going on all night.

Ah, my head.

Yes, a bunch of revolting Q-cultists storming government buildings is exactly like the King of England in the age of sail sending line infantry and cannons slowly across the Atlantic. I guess it's not entirely Dilbert's fault. We're not too far away from the Tea Party invoking revolutionary language.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The point is the British thought the army could handle it and apparently they couldn't.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Logistics, technology, and doctrine between the 1700s and now is very different. A second civil war in the US would be very different than either the revolutionary war or first civil war. In addition, cohesion in mixed military units would be problematic, and probable reassignments would complicate organization.

I think at this point, the all out civil war you worry about would most likely be a bunch of civil disorder like more Jan 6 riots. With the way things are plugged in right now, I really can't see the something like JBLM mobilizing Air Force and Army to go conquer nearby ports in the name of the Proud Boys.

Dilbert, Trumper belligerents will not be placated with anything less than the man's total dominance over the government, with neither resistance nor objection to his slipshod agenda. But who knows, maybe we can get a piece of paper signed by Trump himself promising peace in our time.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

The point is the British thought the army could handle it and apparently they couldn't.
lmfao read a few books about the revolutionary war, i beg you.

the british coffers were stretched after decades of war on the european continent ffs. pursuing a full-scale campaign across the atlantic would be an order of magnitude more expensive. especially considering, you know, the small matter of the french across the channel, with whom we were engaged in numerous proxy wars if not actual all-out campaigns. 

it’s incredible the way you try to argue. to defend your inane points. by constructing metaphors to conflicts that happened 350 years ago and about which you evidently know very little.

and to think you downplay the value of a humanities education. you make google warriors look erudite.

Last edited by uziq (2022-08-15 06:01:20)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

the people dilbert thinks america can and should appease (strap yourself in):

https://twitter.com/LivingBlueTX/status … 4563314690

e: "the democrat nazis" rofl, who are the people running around with nazi shirts again?
e2: "combat area commandment generals"

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-08-15 13:35:49)

uziq
+492|3422
just a bunch of LARPers. a lot of suicide by cop.

these people seriously think the IRS are coming for them. they’re asking for veterans still to do the big scary stuff. ‘a storm is coming’. meanwhile they shit talk at home, imagining they’ll go down in a blaze of glory when the pencil-pushing tax auditors come knocking. lmfao.

plenty of armchair history experts like dilbert!
https://twitter.com/LivingBlueTX/status … oIJPcgDleQ

Last edited by uziq (2022-08-15 14:23:31)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I am so embarrassed for my country.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Imagine finding your uncle or brother or whatever in one of these alt-right fail dumps. Would just want to curl up and die.
uziq
+492|3422
i think dilbert and these guys both get their historical sense from mel gibson movies. or, worse, possibly dinesh d’souza.

“just like the evil arrogant redcoats, who thought they could easily handle us Patriots, we will take the country within weeks of rising up!”

yeah that’s exactly what happened.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

just a bunch of LARPers. a lot of suicide by cop.

these people seriously think the IRS are coming for them. they’re asking for veterans still to do the big scary stuff. ‘a storm is coming’. meanwhile they shit talk at home, imagining they’ll go down in a blaze of glory when the pencil-pushing tax auditors come knocking. lmfao.

https://twitter.com/LivingBlueTX/status … oIJPcgDleQ
I literally predicted this

Dilbert_X wrote:

Wait until the next revolution

gloweringfatblokewithgoateeandsunglasses.jpg

uziq wrote:

plenty of armchair history experts like dilbert!
Good, the world needs more experts.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2022-08-16 02:25:17)

uziq
+492|3422
predicted what? you said there’s going to be a civil war. i said there could be pockets of violence and lone zanies.

did you 70% of the people on these networks? they’re septuagenarians with gout. id like to see this civil war you keep rubbing your hands over.

unfortunately your historical knowledge isn’t equipping you with any good analogies or insight. sad!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I predicted a lot of fat men with beards would post videos of themselves being angry.

Your reading comprehension is poor, sad!
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

Festering is a whole lot better than a civil war.

Its a shame he can't be exiled to Corsica but there you go.
yeah and you also posted a lot of claptrap like this.

corsica … that famous exile spot.

“the redcoats thought they could easily handle it and then they couldn’t”.

i mean what are you even saying, honestly. the american military is underestimating their ability to arrest or defend against a bunch of toothless red necks on tiktok?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
For every redneck posting on tiktok I bet theres a hundred who don't know how to post on tiktok.

Trump won 47% of the popular vote, not a trivial number.
uziq
+492|3422
so 47% of americans are fully prepared to murder their neighbours and shoot at the FBI?

this is sheer silliness.

i’ve all along acknowledged the risk played by the far-right whilst you have downplayed it. now you want to volte face and talk about the impending civil war? based on … voting figures?

america is polarised. but are one half seriously ready to enter armed conflict with the state? somehow i doubt it.

you really relish this apocalyptic doomer stuff too much for a grown adult. half the time it sounds like you want war with china or for america to go up in flames.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

For every redneck posting on tiktok I bet theres a hundred who don't know how to post on tiktok.

Trump won 47% of the popular vote, not a trivial number.
Out of that "47%," how many showed up to the Jan 6 riot? How many Jan 6 rioters are still in active rebellion?

It's probably much more comfy to make a yeehaw-gangsta tiktok to than actually get up and bash the queers. Some of these guys would be out of breath before they made it to their truck. This stuff seems to usually be made in the hopes that someone else will pick up their slack.

Making a prediction that a bunch of bearded yahoos who can't see their own feet would make purple-faced rants is like predicting which direction the sun will set.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Maybe it will be a military coup.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Dilbert_X wrote:

x doubt
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

again, there have been several demonstrable occasions during the trump administration in which the JCS and military chiefs expressed dissent from trump's exec.

the FBI have already directed the military top brass to start weeding out people with known affiliations to far-right groups.

considering trump is at this point a pretender for the throne, and not the incumbent ... why would any military official with a sworn oath to the constitution and to serving the president involve themselves in a coup?

this is tom clancy stuff.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

For the sake of argument, let's say a similar ratio of Trumper military attempted a coup, as (to be generous) Trumper civilians attended Jan 6.

lmao

What the heck are they going to do, steal a tank and drive it up from Arizona?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

the FBI have already directed the military top brass to start weeding out people with known affiliations to far-right groups.
Since when did the FBI direct the military?

Maybe the deep state the Trumpers keep going on about is real.
uziq
+492|3422
all of their posturing seems to rely on the assumption that 'veterans' are going to come up and deliver a revolution in the name of their insane conspiracy theory.

like dilbert with his racist blah about 'you'd be living in a Nazi or muslim country by now if it weren't for Our Brave Troops ...', it never occurs to them that the majority of said 'veterans' might have served, you know, in the cause of actual democracy and liberal ideals. not their weird, ingrown nativist cuckold fantasies.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

Since when did the FBI direct the military?

Maybe the deep state the Trumpers keep going on about is real.
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate … s-military
https://rusi.org/explore-our-research/p … r-ignored/

the FBI has specifically released reports on this phenomenon. you can say 'briefed', then, if not 'directed'.

your pedantry really serves a good point! as usual, you have very little of actual substance to say.

i'm not sure what exactly is 'deep state' about the FBI/CIA interacting with the military in domestic/foreign affairs. particularly when it relates to domestic terrorism.

Last edited by uziq (2022-08-17 06:50:19)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard