Announcement

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,783|5477|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

and you slander the one type of organisation that is, historically, the tried-and-tested best way of negotiating higher wages: labour unions.
The concept of unions is fine, its just that too many are corrupt and self-serving and care nothing for their members.

Here unions are a stepping stone to politics, no-one actually gives a shit about doing anything useful for the members while they're serving their time at a union.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+469|2824
what if i told you ... the history and importance of unions in the last 150 years is more than internecine australian squabbling on the irrelevant antipodes of the earth.

Last edited by uziq (2022-08-06 00:46:53)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
We're talking about now, not 150 years ago.
Please try to keep up.

I could bore you with my direct experience of unions in the UK in the late 90s if you like.
uziq
+469|2824
unions are relevant and are effective now. we're in the age of amazon and starbucks precariat-class workers unionizing for the first time.

i thought you were tuned in to the zeitgeist, dilbs? what happened?

talking about the 1990s? have another moan about blair whilst we're walking down memory lane, why don't you.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

unions are relevant and are effective now. we're in the age of amazon and starbucks precariat-class workers unionizing for the first time.
And in a few short years they'll be in bed with the management raking in a nice salary from members dues in return for nothing.
uziq
+469|2824
unfortunately for you most of the people organizing and promoting unionism among amazon workers are BLM-adjacent people of colour and working-class migrants. can't see puerto rican baristas getting in bed with the management any time soon.

Last edited by uziq (2022-08-06 01:53:46)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Ha ha OK

Soon they won't be baristas, they'll be union reps.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2022-08-06 02:46:43)

uziq
+469|2824
and good for them? delivering better working conditions for their workers.

what exactly is your point here? that some people make a career out of unions? lol omg. gotcha!!!!!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard