Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

For what, compliancy? Ramps gradients? Parking? Signs? Restroom stalls?
Soon every letter in the LGBTQINMO alphabet is going to need their own rest room
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Soon every letter in the LGBTQINMO alphabet is going to need their own rest room
we already got unisex bathrooms m8.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
This must be a Victoria thing.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

??

Honestly most of the complaints are from homophobes about trans people who want to take a piss with minimal harassment. It's very amusing hearing them constantly talking about the tranny linebackers who will come onto your aunt, like, way to project your subconscious thoughts.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I was auditing my department and found out someone has been making unauthorized purchases for gift cards on the company credit card.

That's definitely a paddlin'
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I've definitely come across some fishy stuff. C.S.B., a guy who insisted on paying for the business lunch (I would have met at the office instead) proudly whipped out his business credit card and paid for the whole thing.

He likes to go out for business lunches.

He's not the boss of his company.

I'm not too familiar with his company's culture, so maybe it's something specifically allowed of him. I didn't bring it up at a broader meeting with his people. This was some years back and I heard a rumor that he wasn't working there anymore for whatever reason.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I was auditing my department and found out someone has been making unauthorized purchases for gift cards on the company credit card.

That's definitely a paddlin'
Be sensitive Ken

Maybe they got sucked into an Albanian marriage scam or something.

It does happen.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Turns out it was more than gift cards. So far I've counted over $10k. I fired the person about an hour ago. Sick feeling
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
What was their excuse?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Funny you should ask. I don't give a shit what the reason was, but HR wanted me to ask. The person's response- "money is tight and you didn't give me a cost of living raise last year."

I didn't give them a cost of living raise bc they were on a PIP. They were on a PIP bc their performance was not good.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Was their performance not good because their pay was not good?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

No, the person was paid pretty well for the position. I think it might have been too much responsibility, and some immaturity in handling that responsibility.

Makes me sick to my stomach to think about.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Well at least you didn't have to lecture someone like 20 years older than you. That's always an … experience.
uziq
+492|3422
i had a summer job after my bachelor’s at a company who were in the process of taking an ex-employee to court for a similar thing. the company handled a lot of promotional stuff and discounts across its services and this employee had been helping herself to them for years whilst also charming everyone around her.

turns out she got prison time for theft.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Yeah prison is the most likely outcome in this case.
uziq
+492|3422
yeah in her case the total value of all she filched was like £200,000. she got about 6–7 years custodial sentence iirc.

can think of few things stupider than stealing from your employer. the people you are dependent on for basic income and future character references.

Last edited by uziq (2022-08-05 07:29:58)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I've calculated over $40k so far. Over 20 macbooks, multiple surface pros, gift cards, who knows what else.
uziq
+492|3422
she gonna see some time. totally deserved tbh.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
But have you considered if you paid more, they could buy all the excess Macbooks they wanted?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

No, the person was paid pretty well for the position. I think it might have been too much responsibility, and some immaturity in handling that responsibility.
Poor management is equally to blame then.
I've calculated over $40k so far. Over 20 macbooks, multiple surface pros, gift cards, who knows what else.
How did the company let that happen?

Not giving someone a cost of living raise is a dick move at any time TBH.
uziq
+492|3422
LMAO. literally most british workers are being denied a 'cost of living raise' and meanwhile you're casting blame on them for, uh, the shocking offense of having children.

anti-natalist crank.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Selectively denying one person a cost of living raise is bound to send them into a rage.

An entire nation not being able to give everyone a cost of living raise - completely different.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

That "not being able" is doing a lot of lifting, dilbert. Industries with huge spikes of and record profits right now, while finding excuses to stagnate wages, pay their people even less, or lay them off altogether. They need to be told no.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

Selectively denying one person a cost of living raise is bound to send them into a rage.

An entire nation not being able to give everyone a cost of living raise - completely different.
no it's not. we're in an inflationary spiral caused in large part by runaway profits, not wages.

adam smith perceived this at the very inception of capitalism: odd how you're so blind to it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FY178fmXEAANZYj.jpg:large

and you slander the one type of organisation that is, historically, the tried-and-tested best way of negotiating higher wages: labour unions.

a confused and sick little fellow, methinks.

Last edited by uziq (2022-08-06 00:32:59)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

There's also the abuses not related to wages. Being made to work in hot conditions and told that drinking water is a waste of company time. Being made to work in cold conditions and being told that wearing a jacket is against company policy. Plus other more personal harassments where HR, if a company even has HR, can respond unpredictably or even punitively towards the person who made a report.

Bothered with work stuff after hours. Expected to work after hours without pay, or to work an internship without pay and no promise of a position, being expected to not take vacation time, "volunteer" tasks and attendances that will be a black mark on your record if you don't volunteer for.

It's not really surprising to me that more and more posts are popping up in support of literal embezzling from your company to compensate for this stuff. It's still a stupid thing to do, but I understand where some people are coming from.

Also, glorifying doing as little as you can for a company seems a natural swing away from glorifying draining your life-force away for the sake of an indifferent business.

It is only right that these days should die out:
*thumps chest with pride* "I worked 17 hours yesterday and then drove back to the office to check on the alarm because I live closest and the boss doesn't want to hire security."

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard