uziq
+492|3422
ehm my point+example was entirely valid. the sort of repressed nerds buying 'lions not sheep' merchandise are entirely on a slippery slope to reactionary social views and misogynist bullshit.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
OK good, this is how capitalism works
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

What do you mean by an "actual site?" Social media sites, blogs, vlogs, and shops are part of the ecosystem for this stuff.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

OK good, this is how capitalism works
erm, what? that's a total non-sequitur. nobody is complaining about capitalism per se?

i honestly can't even piece together a semblance of an argument or point in 60% of your posts anymore. it's like you've given up. you must be really, really bored and disengaged in your life.
uziq
+492|3422
lol as if instagram profiles aren't 'real sites' in 2022. you do realize we are in web2.0, right? some of the most powerful actors on the entire internet exist solely in instagram profiles or tiktok feeds. jesus you sound like a dinosaur.

i wonder what is driving more engagement and traffic thesedays? an instagram influencer or j. peterson on his patreon, directly engaging with their millions of fans, or your shitty listicle websites? lmao dude.

Last edited by uziq (2022-08-01 03:34:45)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

A lot to deconstruct here.

If you buy my manhood kit you too can become a sheepdog man.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'm only buying it if it comes with luminous truck balls.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

People who own cats are strange. I don't know why anyone would want a pet that scratches up your arm.
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/cat-scratch-your-skin-93821736.jpg
Cats are violent and territorial. Makes no sense to own one.
https://i.imgur.com/ObEnhp9.jpg

An occasional claw trim, just to take off the sharp edges, solves all problems.
Then its like being swatted with a furry mitten.

My last cat used to purr madly when I got the clippers out and clacked them a few times.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Again. Dogs are not like that.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Yes, they'll just rip your face off.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

i honestly can't even piece together a semblance of an argument or point in 60% of your posts anymore. it's like you've given up. you must be really, really bored and disengaged in your life.
Maybe you've already died and these are the last sparks of your collapsing mind a la Pincher Martin.

Imagine that.
uziq
+492|3422
i refuse to believe you have read pincher martin. you know, it's not good to name-drop things with which you have little familiarity.

you're already behind in last week's prescribed reading of weber and the protestant work ethic.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I have read Pincher Martin
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Since the claw pic came up again, that sort of thing is usually inappropriate play with a poorly trained cat. It's weird that this gets emphasis but the pictures of dog victims who look like they kissed a limb shredder get a pass.

Learn the body language of animals you interact with. Keep your animals secure. Don't leave children alone with animals.

"Dog people" are also very defensive of their pet of choice. People who don't like being around dogs, for whatever reason, are regarded with suspicion or disdain. "I don't like anybody my dog (or dogs) don't like. Or who doesn't like dogs. They must be very nasty people." A whole meme. Mac logic, only not trolling. Again, lots of terrible, obnoxious dog owners out there.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

I have read Pincher Martin
well, you must have had an extremely scatter-shot reading list. was it on your dad's bookshelves or something?

if someone had only read 54 books in their lifetime, i wouldn't have guessed that a late minor work by william golding would be on that list. have you read 'the spire', whilst we're here, checking on unlikely lifetime reads?

it's also totally hypocritical of you, after all this time, to make out that 'literatoor' is all about traumatic school-era memories of bloody dickens, as if charles dickens is the be-all-and-end-all of literary works and appreciation. meanwhile, you're going book shopping for heinlein classics and you've read pincher bloody martin, so you know full well that there's much more to literature, including some very very different books to victorian lit.

not quite a literature hater, are you? what's all that about culture being 'useless'? what a confused, silly manchild.

Last edited by uziq (2022-08-01 08:13:49)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Part of the joy of going to a bookstore is conversing with employees and patrons about books. I've had people ask me about authors or titles I had at checkout and we've exchanged opinions and enthusiastic recommendations. It's pleasant. It's a sad thing if Dilbert was being literal about snapping at the cashier who asked about the Heinlein book for "prying into his private life" or whatever. Hopefully that's just manufactured, because my goodness that sounds completely miserable.
uziq
+492|3422
dilbert should start reading the works of gerald murnane. one of the best contemporary writers today, and thoroughly australian.

of course, he's a closeted literature lover, so he won't.
uziq
+492|3422

“find a real site” says dilbert in response to the guy with 3.5 million instagram followers who literally runs a ponzi scheme cult based on ‘grind mentality’ and ‘pimping sluts’.

it’s like a portal into the fucked mentality of so many young men today.

Last edited by uziq (2022-08-01 21:17:39)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
I just starting hearing about that guy this week. From the thumbnail I thought he was another weird nerd. But apparently he's actually in shape , which causes a lot of incongruity for me with his whiny little voice.
uziq
+492|3422
he was a professional kickboxer afaik. which, depending on the sequence of events and etiology, may have something to do with his psychopathic demeanour. getting smacked in the head repeatedly for your adolescence and early 20s can't be conducive to high-functioning empathy or cognition.

LOL i just learned the 'manosphere' was a thing.

Last edited by uziq (2022-08-01 22:04:13)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

LOL i just learned the 'manosphere' was a thing.
LMAO
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

"Dog people" are also very defensive of their pet of choice. People who don't like being around dogs, for whatever reason, are regarded with suspicion or disdain. "I don't like anybody my dog (or dogs) don't like. Or who doesn't like dogs. They must be very nasty people." A whole meme. Mac logic, only not trolling. Again, lots of terrible, obnoxious dog owners out there.
One thing I don't appreciate is having unknown dogs run at me and leap at my face either in a public place or in people's homes.

The response is always the same "Don't worry, ee won't hurt ya, ee's a big softee, wassamatter - doncha like dogs? If ya don't like dogs yer can fuck off."
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Part of the joy of going to a bookstore is conversing with employees and patrons about books. I've had people ask me about authors or titles I had at checkout and we've exchanged opinions and enthusiastic recommendations. It's pleasant. It's a sad thing if Dilbert was being literal about snapping at the cashier who asked about the Heinlein book for "prying into his private life" or whatever. Hopefully that's just manufactured, because my goodness that sounds completely miserable.
Look at this place though.

https://www.shoppingcentrenews.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/DymocksAdelaide_Store.jpg
uziq
+492|3422
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/8e/d4/b4/8ed4b4ea701be15526f7ca5d1a0ec48c--literary-travel-london-city.jpg

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/london-review-books-shop-one-leading-bookshops-england-used-author-readings-discussions-lrb-bookshop-156300716.jpg

https://www.theparisreview.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/shakespeareco1.jpg

god bless good bookstores.

Last edited by uziq (2022-08-02 03:28:52)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard