uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

A$125? I don't think so.
well, use your thick head. you can't just roll-out maize production to every continent and biome on earth and match the same efficiencies.

staple crops require a local environment, which is, again, why rice is overwhelmingly suited to east asian climes. to grow a crop efficiently throughout the seasons you need to deal with highs and lows of temperature, drought and water inundatation, salinity and metallicity of soils, etc. as well as local biotic stressors like insects and parasites, crop diseases, etc. maize isn't universally exportable. what are you going to do with the deltas and rice paddies of asia? dredge them up and make them corn fields? at what cost to the environment and what loss to ecology? what a dipshit.

Last edited by uziq (2022-07-26 03:48:40)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
The problem really is too many asians living in shitty climates.

Dredging the rice paddies would actually be good for the climate - they were man-made in the first place.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2022-07-26 03:53:04)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
why are their climates increasingly shitty, i wonder?

possibly to do with australians and americans emitting 3x their co2/capita emissions and despoiling vast areas of the world?

make u think.

yes, rice paddies were expanded and irrigated during an era before methane emissions became a salient problem. and we are responding to that particular issue by raising cultivars that will emit less methane, or by improving the cultivation methods. a much more intelligent fix than 'let's overhaul the entire staple diet of 1/2 the world's population'.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

why are their climates increasingly shitty, i wonder?
Because there are too many of them?
uziq
+492|3422
birthrates in asia are falling and are projected to continue doing so, sometimes very drastically. the exploding population of asia mirrors the exploding population of another continent: europe.

the european population doubled in both the 18th and 19th centuries, successively. maybe there were just too many coal-burning, steam-transiting, loom-working whites? make u think.

the 'too many of them' argument in the next century will apply increasingly to africa.

are you going to accuse them of guilt in the climate change picture? the least-emitting population on earth?

sorry, but in the history of co2 emissions, and in the last long century-and-a-half of industrial emissions, it's the west who should take responsibility.

you are continually evasive on this point. accusing asians' diets of being responsible for climate change, i mean really. hopeless. you live in a high-meat-eating culture that is rife with obesity. let's talk about food waste if you really want to, but don't make the burning planet about rice.

Last edited by uziq (2022-07-26 04:17:16)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'm vegetarian, but thank you
uziq
+492|3422
so is a huge chunk of the asian population who you think "breed too much", dipshit. you do realize the west practically took its holier-than-thou vegan attitudes from hippies who were exposed to india, right?

maybe it would be better if all of asia switched to the comparatively calorie-inefficient maize? they could devastate all their biomes and habitats and build magnificent iowas out in the paddy terraces. corn from horizon to horizon. then they could 'enrich' their diets with high-fructose corn syrup, and truly maximize their efficiencies! the healthy, non-obese, long-living asian could look forward to a short life of heart disease, diabetes and obesity.

you're a genius!!!

Last edited by uziq (2022-07-26 04:24:50)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard