Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6066|eXtreme to the maX
Nobody ever asks you why you're in korea I'm sure.

uziq wrote:

iving abroad is a lot like one big fresher’s week. everyone asks one another the same introductory questions when you first meet. where are you from, what do you do, etc.
LMAO

Here its pretty normal to ask where you're from, why you came and how etc. Its literally the first part of any job interview and many casual conversations.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3412
people ask me why i’m in korea all the time. i’m a short term visitor here. it’s a ‘trip’. you emigrated 25 years ago and somehow still think it’s one of the most interesting conversation pieces when you meet a woman. LOL. you’re settled in australia. i don’t think women are that interested in your origin story or your fucking parents’ careers. i’m sorry but this just screams ‘i don’t have anything interesting going on in my life’.

‘living abroad’ in a highly transient population of backpackers/travellers, students and short-term contract workers … in an environment where foreign people are exceptionally rare … yes, people are curious as to why you ended up there.  two middle-aged australians meeting … is not quite the same thing. haha that this has to be pointed out to you.

i recommend a dating coach 100%. you’re going to need a lot of help buddy. you have the charisma of a sandstone quarry.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
And yet people ask me all the time too.

How would anyone know if you've been in Korea six months or 20 years until they ask?
uziq
+492|3412
because 95% of people are here for the very short term. getting a long-term visa of any kind is extremely difficult. anyone who has been in korea for more than 4-5 years, let alone 20, is an extreme rarity.

plus i hang around in youngster areas where ... the people who go out there and hang out are predominantly transient people. the married/settled down lifers aren't hanging out in bars with 20-somethings and 30-somethings. this might surprise you, but ... i look young, whereas you do not. most people reasonably assume that i've not been here long. there aren't a lot of young adults who immigrate to korea when they're pre-college age.

Last edited by uziq (2022-06-29 07:54:35)

Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6703|London

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Dauntless, why do you want to hurt Uzique? Why do you want to make him cry?

You need to visit him ASAP. Bring Ken along too
I was planning on going out in August but not booked anything yet.

Also I'll be in NYC in 2 weeks. Can you introduce me to some Asian women?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6592|949

Come to LA after. I can introduce you to some of my GFs friends
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6583|Little Bentcock
finding women isnt that hard. just talk to women, be interesting, be interested in what they have to say, don't be a slob, and maybe lower your standards a bit. if you're only going for 10s and you're a 5 you're gonna have a hard time. go for the 2s I say.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2022-06-29 15:16:20)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3680
You should write a book
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3412
dilbert has to change his worldview and thinking on women. he's been joking so long about buying wives and buying women's time/affection that i genuinely don't think he has any idea how to attract a female beyond 'i have money' or 'i have secure jerb'. 'ask me what my father did for a career' is NOT a good follow-up.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6732|PNW

Aren't there any Australian gun clubs with middle-aged women he could switch to? Last I heard the one he'd been attending had all sorts of creepy internal politics that I'd have long since washed my hands of.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3680
If you are willing to be a step dad you could probably find a pretty girl who will go for the security you can provide.
uziq
+492|3412

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Aren't there any Australian gun clubs with middle-aged women he could switch to? Last I heard the one he'd been attending had all sorts of creepy internal politics that I'd have long since washed my hands of.
imo hanging out in traditionally 'male' spaces with the few women or tomboys who do enjoy a 'blokey' hobby is about as doomed as aiming for 10's when you're a balding 6. these women have the pick of the best. it's like damn average twitch streamers with 1000s of men hanging out in their chatrooms. you need to go way beyond to pick up a woman in one of these spaces. not a good approach when you're rapidly fading into senescence and the biological junkheap.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6732|PNW

I know it's a long shot, but maybe he could find a woman who also likes to talk about performance gun springs. There's gotta be at least a few in a world of many billions of humans. Just trying to play to his strengths.

Maybe he should become an American.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3680
Fuck all of this noise. Dilbert, look up dating services in southeast Asia that will set you up with poor single mothers and be done with it.
uziq
+492|3412

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I know it's a long shot, but maybe he could find a woman who also likes to talk about performance gun springs. There's gotta be at least a few in a world of many billions of humans. Just trying to play to his strengths.

Maybe he should become an American.
i'm sure there are plenty of indians with a working knowledge of metalshops and manufacture.

aren't there entire cities in pakistan given over to gun factories?

Last edited by uziq (2022-06-29 16:31:35)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6732|PNW

Dilbert would be one of the most toxic additions to an Indian family I could imagine. Imagine the awkwardness of her finding his old posts. "Is that what you think of me?"
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3680
He could just find one that can't read.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

because 95% of people are here for the very short term. getting a long-term visa of any kind is extremely difficult. anyone who has been in korea for more than 4-5 years, let alone 20, is an extreme rarity.

plus i hang around in youngster areas where ... the people who go out there and hang out are predominantly transient people. the married/settled down lifers aren't hanging out in bars with 20-somethings and 30-somethings. this might surprise you, but ... i look young, whereas you do not. most people reasonably assume that i've not been here long. there aren't a lot of young adults who immigrate to korea when they're pre-college age.
And here its different - amazing that you can't think outside your own experience.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

Supposedly, I suspect they just launder Russian guns.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Fuck all of this noise. Dilbert, look up dating services in southeast Asia that will set you up with poor single mothers and be done with it.
Yeah, nah, my ambition at this point is to become JF Sebastian.

https://i.redd.it/hrpnqjo265w41.jpg

I have three robots and an industrial laser already, its only a matter of time.
uziq
+492|3412

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

And here its different - amazing that you can't think outside your own experience.
i am sure you're meeting lots of fellow 40-somethings in the workplace and in australia whose first question is 'why'd you come to austraia?' and 'what does your father do?' that's totally plausible.
uziq
+492|3412

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

Supposedly, I suspect they just launder Russian guns.

lots of workshops.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Lots of those guns are made from stampings, pretty hard to just magic a multi-ton press and hardened precision tooling out of wood and stone.

Not forgetting how hard it is to rifle and chamber a gun barrel.

I see a few guys doing a bit of whittling and finishing, not actually making guns. Quite likely complete guns or parts kits are being shipped out and they're being finished and assembled.
uziq
+492|3412
i see, interesting stuff, thanking ye. i just had a vague recollection of that video from something like 2014.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
At some level I'm sure its possible, bedouin muskets no problem, and that they do have the odd homemade gun to whip out and show to tourists.
I'm also sure most of these guns are simply made elsewhere, or assembled as bitsas, barrels sold out of the back of a chinese factory, slides from russia, magazines diverted from a Pakistani military order, top covers knocked up in a turkish automotive plant which found itself with time on its hands etc.

I mean sure, here's a guy whacking together magazines from pre-pressed parts in a hut.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzq7VjwAG9o

This is what it takes to actually make those pressed parts - big presses and precision hardened tooling-see 2:08 for the scale of the press.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJxtdAAo_bQ

Compared with other parts the magazine is relatively trivial - it still needs to be formed and hardened and made out of just the right metal for minimal function.

At the other end of the equation if hand-made guns were actually turning up anywhere it would be a news item - like this.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/24/maga … le-ak.html

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard