Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
These alt-christians represent 0.002% of christianity, stop panicking over this abortion thing, everything will be fine.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

These alt-christians represent 0.002% of christianity, stop panicking over this abortion thing, everything will be fine.
they represent the dominant faction of the USA's second political party. a polity of 350 million people are directly affected by their culture war bullshit, as well as the world's most geopolitically important nation. are the shariah-law hardliners represented by billionaires in the media and lobbyists on capitol hill? do the clerics of saudi arabia have such influence? what happens in the desert peninsula is of almost no consequence for any other nation on earth, not even their neighbours. america and her domestic politics quite obviously occupy a higher place in the order of things.

get a grip, seriously. your analytical skills are on the level of a prion disorder.

Last edited by uziq (2022-06-29 03:34:23)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its OK, 99.998% of christians are boring zeebs too lazy to pick up a remote control let alone get anything concrete done, relax.
uziq
+492|3422
it's amazing, in how many threads at once you can think you're concurrently 'making a point', with this immature flippant teenage behaviour ... when really you're saying nothing of substance at all, blinking and clinking in your parents' silent office room, and spending the rest of your time missing a dead cat and being a loner.

change your life?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You come up with spurious numbers and arguments all the time.

Get a grip, seriously. your analytical skills are on the level of a prion disorder.
uziq
+492|3422
spurious numbers where? by pointing out that the majority of muslims and jews don't want to force the world to live under fundamentalist theocratic principles? lol. you can, erm, check a globe for confirmation of that.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Yes, only 0.002% of christians, jews and muslims are nutballs but invariably they hold the power.
uziq
+492|3422
the majority of the world’s jews don’t live in israel, dilbert. the majority of the world’s muslims don’t live in fundamentalist clerical states.

even within those notional ‘hardline’ states, where the tiny 1% exercise despotic or authoritarian power, it’s not as if there aren’t oppositions or dissenters or moderates. once again you are being more than a little obtuse.

and what happens in american domestic politics is more consequential for the rest of us than what happens in jerusalem or riyadh. that’s just how it is. to ignore that simple fact is further stupidity.
uziq
+492|3422
i seriously can't believe that, in all earnestness, i advised you in the thread where you were rueing your experiences with women: "maybe work on being amiable and interesting, and not turning every conversation into a rant about jews/muslims/gays/blacks/humanities students etc".

and you come to this thread and respond, to recent news of the increasing rule by christian morality in american life, "big deal, women of america whose lives and freedom are threatened by christian justices. don't you know ... JEWS AND MUSLIMS exist?"

whewwwwww, boy. you've got a journey ahead of you.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan - Isn't that a pretty sizable proportion of muslims?

Jews get control of one country - and they let the hardliners turned it into a racist apartheid theocratic hole.

How many christians give a crap about abortion? Yet the extremists have pushed it through and onto the whole US population.

Religious extremists really don't have to be a big proportion to fuck things up for the other 99%.
uziq
+492|3422
a majority of christians care about abortion. the difference is that a particular wing are making their business public and political. the vast majority of christians don't harbour the wish to coerce or control others.
Larssen
+99|1857
No I wouldn't say that. Most of the practicing christian communities I'm familiar with, even the liberal ones, still hold pretty old fashioned views on abortion and suicide and such. They'd probably say that abortion is only acceptable in case of rape or danger to the mother's life.
uziq
+492|3422
but are they intending to get their beliefs legislated and made the law of the land in europe? there isn’t the same level of political organisation. i didn’t say christians are cool with abortion. i said the exact opposite.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

2 NC workers fired for not joining company's daily Christian devotionals, EEOC says
https://abc7.com/nc-workers-fired-not-j … /12001573/

excerpt wrote:

In the complaint, the EEOC says daily prayer meetings are part of Aurora's business model, though there is no reference to it on its web page. Attendance at the prayer meetings was mandatory for employees and was a condition of employment regardless of a worker's religious beliefs or affiliation, the complaint said.

On occasion, prayers were requested and offered "for poor performing employees who were identified by name," according to the complaint. Also, the complaint noted, the company owner took attendance and would reprimand employees who did not attend.

McGaha, who identifies himself as an atheist, was hired by the company on June 8, 2020. He said the prayer meetings, which initially lasted around 15 minutes, stretched in length to around 45 minutes and even longer. Saunders, who worked at Aurora from November 2020 until Jan. 21, 2021, describes herself as an agnostic. She also acknowledged that the prayer meetings became longer over time.

According to the complaint, McGaha said the longer the prayer meetings went, the less tolerable they became. He said he was asked on one occasion to lead the Christian prayer, which he refused. In late August 2020, he asked the owner of the company to be excused from those parts of the meeting that pertained to religion because of his conflict with it, but the owner refused and told him "it would be in his best interest to do so."

McGaha asked again in September to be excused. The complaint said the owner told him that he did not have to believe in God nor did he have to like the meetings but he had to participate. McGaha refused and he was fired, the complaint said. Before he was fired, the owner reduced his base pay from $800 to $400 and his commissions were withheld after his dismissal, the EEOC said.

In January 2021, Saunders stopped going to the prayer meetings because they conflicted with her religion. She was fired, the complaint said, adding that the owner told her she "was not a good fit" for the company.
the future boebert wants
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
SCOTUS will rule in favor of the business owners based on the logic that the workers were paid for their time in the prayer circle.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

but are they intending to get their beliefs legislated and made the law of the land in europe? there isn’t the same level of political organisation. i didn’t say christians are cool with abortion. i said the exact opposite.
Various religions are being allowed to operate outside the law right across europe, they don't particularly need it legislated, but I guess that will come.
uziq
+492|3422
again, you're both missing my point.

america has an active evangelical tradition who actively want to convert or impose their beliefs on other people. that's why they have for decades tried to infiltrate the republican party, determine state- and federal-level judicial decisions, etc. they want america to be a 'christian nation', and a particularly fundamentalist and fire-and-brimstone version of christianity, at that.

european nations are notionally 'christian', they might have 'christian democrat' parties, but they operate within the broad ideological framework of a secular liberalism. there are no major christian groups in western europe who wield the level of political influence and power as the evangelical lobby does in american life. there's no danger of a group of christian brethren radicals from plymouth, UK getting the tory party to ban abortions. do you get my point? even avowedly religious groups in europe mostly practice their faith as a private matter, not as part of a political crusade.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
About 20 people managed to take Britain out of Europe, don't try to say what can't happen.
uziq
+492|3422
none of which had anything to do with organized religion and everything to do with, erm, massive political influence and money. which, again, as i said, there is no religious equivalent of in western europe. about the closest i can think of is obviously the catholic church, who aren't exactly aggressively trying to affect democratic politics in europe thesedays.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Well the jews managed to unseat the UK labour leader, if and when muslims reach critical mass - say 20% of the population - you can bet the 1% of muslims who are extremists will be agitating for all sorts of things.

Hitler managed to galvanise an entire country around some kooky made-up spritual/historical fuck knows what not all that long ago.

What I do know is that within most religions there's a hardcore of complete nuts surrounded by a large army of easily manipulated morons - Brexit being an example of that at the national level.
uziq
+492|3422
the jews didn't unseat the UK labour leader at all? if you think the anti-semitism scandal was what 'cut through' with working-class red wall voters ... LMAO. corbyn's political platform wasn't derailed by the labour party's endless and inane internecine fighting over jewry.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
And he was replaced by a pro-Israel jew-cuck.

Coincidence no?
uziq
+492|3422
kier starmer? not well known in the UK for his stance on israel. again, this stuff isn't important to anyone except perhaps specifically the jewish lobby in the UK ... and you. the majority of the UK electorate are not asking themselves 'hmm, what's his stance on israel?' when they cast a vote. i think you have really lost all sense of proportion.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

the UK electorate are not asking themselves 'hmm, what's his stance on israel?' when they cast a vote.
But thats exactly the question the jewish lobby ask, and why Corbyn had to be replaced by Starmer.
uziq
+492|3422
stop being so fucking stupid. i thought you said you had paid attention to the internal party politics of labour/PLP in the last few years?

blairites are a bigger conspiracy candidate, if you really need to read dark portents in corbyn’s disastrous result at the ballot, not bloody zionists.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard