unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

uziq wrote:

meanwhile the UK is aww'ing at paddington bear animations done for the queen's jubilee. whilst handily ignoring that a paddington bear today would be deported to rwanda for processing, courtesy of priti patel's home office.
Coincidentally, Paddington was supposed to have been from "darkest Africa" before an editor intervened.

The bear's fate in reality would probably be a little stranger. Cooped up in a laboratory for relentless testing while the government waffled over what (if any) rights it should get. He would probably die before hearings could conclude, broken out by animal rights activists and shot by guards.

The movie could have been a lot more grim than it probably was. Paddington in an orange jumpsuit with a black hood.
uziq
+492|3422
it’s not american. orange jump suits and black hoods are very bush era.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

The British did export convicts to colonial America, human cargo.
uziq
+492|3422
my rwanda comment was because of current home office policies to deport refugees to africa for processing. this is 2022.

british people are aware of convict deportations, not that it’s relevant. australia, canada and new zealand are still in the commonwealth, after all.

the orange boiler suit look is so iraq war/guantanamo/CIA black site.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

As usual, I think you're making more of it than I meant. Africa being, funnily enough, also a part of Paddington trivia. The part of the comment you object to lightly imagines what an illustrator's take might be. It is a world with a talking bear, so no need to strictly adhere to reality. Bush-era stuff being well past when Paddington was created, after all.

If you prefer, I could revise it to him being packed into a rat-infested ship with other abnormally intelligent animals.

Paddington's adventures in Club Gitmo with Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-06-06 14:43:57)

uziq
+492|3422
paddington bear comes from ‘darkest peru’, it’s the same for all intents and purposes: he’s a refugee from the new world/third world/colonies. no need for africa trivia. i mentioned it because that’s literally where we are sending all refugees now as per latest home office diktat.

it’s a small piquant detail and something that was funny about the jubilee hoo-rah. the same arch-traditionalists who love the (hanoverian imported) queen and (peruvian refugee) paddington are probably swivel-eyed about immigrants. thus goes the right-wing worldview for you.

telling a british person we did guantanamo and convict expulsion first is a ‘well duh’. it’s literally part of our national humour and psyche to refer to australians as convicts.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

What are you even on about? I've read Paddington was originally going to be from Africa, but then it was changed to Peru. It's there in my original post, "was supposed to have been," you can Fact Check me on that if you want. I meant nothing outside of "funny you should mention x."

I have no idea why you're laying on stuff like the throwaway comment about jumpsuits (I didn't take you as that kind of obsessive). Why it even became an argument about who did what and when and national psyches, give it a rest.

So bewildering.
uziq
+492|3422
you just replied to a very slight point about the jubilee celebrations with about 4 posts of non-sequitur about convicts, orange jumpsuits and africa. shut the fuck up already.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I didn't even watch any of it. I made an off-hand comment and you expanded it into an entire page. You shut up.

ffs, I am not going to audit every post I make with an "is this going to trigger uzique." It doesn't even have to. You just willfully misinterpret, twist people's words, and fill in the space between the lines with whatever you want going on like 10+ years. It's exhausting to engage with, but at least it fills the forum with more meaningless content. Right?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-06-07 00:25:16)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
This is some of that classic BF2s content lamented in that other thread. I salute you.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Keeping the tradition on life support.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
The real story here is that a lot of countries are either doing nothing or actively supporting Russia.

China, India, Israel for three.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

paddington bear comes from ‘darkest peru’, it’s the same for all intents and purposes: he’s a refugee from the new world/third world/colonies. no need for africa trivia. i mentioned it because that’s literally where we are sending all refugees now as per latest home office diktat.

it’s a small piquant detail and something that was funny about the jubilee hoo-rah. the same arch-traditionalists who love the (hanoverian imported) queen and (peruvian refugee) paddington are probably swivel-eyed about immigrants. thus goes the right-wing worldview for you.

telling a british person we did guantanamo and convict expulsion first is a ‘well duh’. it’s literally part of our national humour and psyche to refer to australians as convicts.
Yes I'm sure a talking bear from Peru would be shipped to Rwanda

This really is one of your strangest takes.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
If it were up to Donald Trump, Smokey the Bear would stay in the forest and deal with his problems on his own. Trump would support the alt-right marching chanting 'the Berenstain Bears will not replace us.' A cop would kneel on the neck of Yogi the Bear for trying to pass a bad twenty at the park gift store.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3422
all refugees arriving in the UK from a "non-approved route" (meaning, someone who couldn't do all the onerous visa paperwork and cross-referencing and fee-paying way in advance, meaning, by design, basically all refugees and asylum seekers) are now being sent to rwanda for processing. it's the latest pork-barrel politics from bojo/patel's government. do keep up with the news.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-aim … 022-05-31/

paddington is the story of an asylum seeker's arrival in the UK. a cute and personable bear's experience arriving in the UK today, in 2022, would be rather markedly different.

as i said, it was a piquant and amusing thought, not a 'take'. get off my dick and go get a life m80.

Last edited by uziq (2022-06-07 05:34:47)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I don't think you know what pork-barreling is.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

If it were up to Donald Trump, Smokey the Bear would stay in the forest and deal with his problems on his own. Trump would support the alt-right marching chanting 'the Berenstain Bears will not replace us.' A cop would kneel on the neck of Yogi the Bear for trying to pass a bad twenty at the park gift store.
Smokey is probably one of the strongest fictional bears in existence, an eldritch kaiju who can grow to the size of a mountain. For all that, his message is still limited to administrative whim. He should be allowed to talk about fire ecology and climate science (which he apparently didn't post about at all under Trump) but apparently those are HoT BuTtOn IsSuEs or something.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

all refugees arriving in the UK from a "non-approved route" (meaning, someone who couldn't do all the onerous visa paperwork and cross-referencing and fee-paying way in advance, meaning, by design, basically all refugees and asylum seekers) are now being sent to rwanda for processing. it's the latest pork-barrel politics from bojo/patel's government. do keep up with the news.

paddington is the story of an asylum seeker's arrival in the UK. a cute and personable bear's experience arriving in the UK today, in 2022, would be rather markedly different.

as i said, it was a piquant and amusing thought, not a 'take'. get off my dick and go get a life m80.
Israel has been sending unwanted refugees, ie blacks, to Rwanda -not for processing but permanently - for years.

Why no outrage over that?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

This thread is about Paddington Bear, get on topic.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

Israel has been sending unwanted refugees, ie blacks, to Rwanda -not for processing but permanently - for years.

Why no outrage over that?
erm is it my job to be outraged about an unrelated country’s policy?

i don’t care what ghana or denmark’s position is on immigration.

christ you are a kook.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You're a Korean now, what do you care what Britain does?
uziq
+492|3422
you're a cuck now, how does it feel?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Answer my question first.
uziq
+492|3422
why do i care what britain does? erm, because i'm a citizen, i pay tax there, i vote in elections; i in every sense have a stake in that democracy?

are you retarded? i'm a visitor to korea, not a citizen. get a fucking grip man. you are literally a middle-aged man. grow up?

"hurrr durr you've been abroad for 1 year, you have no right to care about your country's politics".

why are you so mad about tony blair and so on? you live in australia, no?

Last edited by uziq (2022-06-25 22:18:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard