RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Someone at work got hurt. They said they got hurt and didn't tell anyone until many days later after working more in between and playing sports..
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

And then the cucked soldier becomes his partner.

Mac, writing prompt.
wasnt that cheewy's missus, she left an army guy for a bf2s mod?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
uziq
+492|3422

RTHKI wrote:

Someone at work got hurt. They said they got hurt and didn't tell anyone until many days later after working more in between and playing sports..
workplace injury? in america? let me spoil the ending for you. this person is going to get addicted to opiates.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Yes I do work in opiate central

It was a minor injury. Not like the people who got a finger smashed or arm broken
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

uziq wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

workplace injury? in america? let me spoil the ending for you. this person is going to get addicted to opiates.
Worst kind of person, according to Rush Limbaugh.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Fuck rush Limbaugh and fuck the conservatives who said you shouldn't be happy he's dead
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Plenty more turds in the bowl.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
When one of my colleagues laughs he reminds me of the weasel creature in Suicide Squad 2.
I can't cope with this.

I think someone in my team is about to get fired. The job is advertised and people are being interviewed but my manager has denied it, which is odd because its on the company website.
Could be me I guess.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
yeah they’re tired of working with a petulant racist man baby.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Have faith Dilbert. Your white privilege might get you through this.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
White privilege is about all I have at this point.

Could be me, could be my colleague who is struggling to deliver.
He's in a shitty spot because he had a project dumped on him at the worst possible moment, just before production launch, and the Indian who'd had it for the previous 9 months seems to have done next to fuck all then quit. The team leader is also at fault for not making sure the Indian did his bit.
Now its all a bit fucked. There are other issues, the design team have fucked up in multiple areas and are very keen to blame all the problems on process, and I have a feeling this guy is going to be the fall guy.
Could still be me though.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2022-06-10 23:58:01)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Do you learn any of your coworkers' names or do you just identify them all as race/gender. I understand you wouldn't want to write them here but the way you talk about it makes me wonder.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
He has face blindness. Can only recognize smells.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Do you learn any of your coworkers' names or do you just identify them all as race/gender. I understand you wouldn't want to write them here but the way you talk about it makes me wonder.
Do you think I'm going to identify them by name here?

Of course I know their names, I write them down to be sure.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lol
k
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Larssen
+99|1857
Just had the fucking worst job interview of my life, or well, one of.

Saw an internal vacancy posted last wednesday with an application deadline on friday. I assembled a new resume and cover letter as quickly as I could in between work stuff to meet that deadline. It's for another foreign posting in a newly created senior position that has some pretty complicated requirements to it. Sent out the letter + resume thinking it would take a week or two until I got a reply.

Monday comes around and near end of day I get an urgent outlook notification for an interview request via Teams from 3 to 4 pm next day. First interview is a selection panel of 5 heavyweights on the subject matter including 2 ambassadors.

Well great. No way I could prepare or have a test run on such a short notice. I also had a deadline to finish in the evening, so gg. Slept maybe 5 hours too.

I had to be in the office today bouncing between meetings on various topics + lunch with a friend where we mostly talked about my ex's suicide. Appreciated the chat but in hindsight it threw me off a little more on a already hectic and stressful day. Had about 30 mins to breathe before the interview. I found a quiet place and prepared the little I could, scribbling down a few obvious answers and questions. Figured I'd just wing it.

3pm rolls around, first the Teams invite is fucked. Popup notification said the link was blocked by my IT department or something. Had to call in via a mobile browser. Once I'm in at 3.05, 3 people are still missing. One guy starts the introduction, gets kicked out of teams halfway. Then as I'm asked to introduce myself and why I'm interested in the job the 3 others enter the call one after the other. Have to repeat myself a couple times amidst more technical difficulties on their end, some leaving and entering the call several times, including awkward pauses with people trying to speak as their connections give out or while they're having audio issues. I saw one of the interviewers visibly shaking his head in disbelief at the chaos of it all. Didn't help my nerves, or my answers.

During one of the more complicated and unexpected questions a colleague walks in while I'm talking and I'm again thrown off mid sentence. I end up giving some stupid word salad instead of an actual answer. Followed by more technical difficulties on their end.

Due to the lack of preparation and short notice I botched a few questions. The Teams issues really didn't help. I also absolutely loathe digital conferencing for this sort of stuff. You can't get a feel for the room when you're not actually face to face, jokes fall flat, first time interactions always feel awkward, let alone a job interview in which you have to demonstrate competence and answer technical and personal questions...

This fucking sucked. I did pretty well in parts of the interview but it would be a miracle if they invite me for 2nd round. I also have doubts about working there now considering the extremely rushed process and terrible organisation of it all.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Thank you for sharing. Sorry you had a bad experience.
Larssen
+99|1857
eh, woke up this morning and e-mailed them to say thank you for the interview but I'm not interested in the job. I'm not some fucking intern, who in their right mind plans a job interview for a serious position on a 24 hour notice, and then fucks up the organisation of it all too. Not even a sorry for that from their end.

It makes me physically angry at this point, it's the third time the MFA has treated their interviews with me like some sort of hazing process. I remember one time that I was on vacation and requested to move an interview to the following week and the reply was that 'they didn't consider that a valid reason to move the interview'. Motherfuckers. If I ever end up working in a team with people like that I'll make it a point to call them on work related duties during their own time off.

Last edited by Larssen (2022-06-15 11:58:27)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Good on ya Larssen. Not a whole lot is lost when avoiding working for people who insult and generally disrespect you and your time. Might have dodged a true bullet.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If the job is advertised for three days and no-one gives a fuck about the interview chances are its a non-interview.
Either they have someone lined up already and are going through the motions or some other reason.
Every interview is good experience though.

Somehow my current area is next to the recruitment area. Listening to this end of the screening interviews is painful, the bored bimbo interviewers ticking boxes as some poor person is pouring out their life experience. This stuff should be confidential anyway, not done at 105 decibels in an open plan office. Tell me about a time you were proactive/how do you deal with conflict/what are your salary expectations etc.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

My last quasi-interview was a surprise pre-interview interview during a business lunch. I thought we were just getting acquainted as perhaps future colleagues on an equal level, but then out came the questionnaire, "what are your salary expectations" shiiit. I am glad that all fell through.

Giving an interview, who cares about someone's life story, putting them through retelling that in the who knows how many interviews they had to put up with. Who cares about someone's script if you already have their résumé. Talk about the job, the company. Use that to see how well they listen and communicate. "Hurr, it says here you were in the boy scouts 30 years ago" aaaagh.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I just received a retention agreement from my company, tied to me staying here for 3 years. It's a significant chunk of change.

On one hand, I appreciate the vote of confidence and them being proactive in making sure I'm happy. On the other, from a strategic perspective, I'm wondering how this will impact my ability to negotiate future raises and benefits.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

That's a tough one to comment on, but I assume you went through it for catches and loopholes.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Only quickly skimmed it to see what the amount was. I will wait until I get home to review it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard