Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Working with nerds never gets old

Once again, the Earth has completed another lap as it trundles around the Sun… or has the Sun gone around the Earth? It depends on your choice of reference frame. Why not pick the barycentre, so we’re not favouring one or the other? Then again, our barycentre is orbiting Sag A* (did you see the images?) but Sag A* could be considered to be orbiting it, so we could pick that barycentre, but then we’d have to think about the other galaxies in the Local Group, and then all the nearby galaxy clusters, and then…

Anyway, that’s all getting a bit hard, so let’s just stand around and eat some cake instead.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3423
not sure what that's in any reference to. i literally copy-edited about 4 papers from that sag a* special issue that was in the news this week.

well done for pasting a paragraph of elementary astrophysics though.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

not sure what that's in any reference to.
People bring cake to work on their birthday
uziq
+492|3423
i work for an actual leading astrophysics publisher and nobody posts insufferable shit like that on emails on their birthday. isn't douglas adams dead already?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
My god you're miserable, honestly, couple with the memory loss could be early onset drug-indued dementia. Go to a doctor

I'm glad you have to bow to STEM people every day to earn a crust though.
uziq
+492|3423
bow to STEM people? i don't think you understand the relationship that authors have to their publishers. there isn't much bowing.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Lol OK. Where would you be without authors exactly?
uziq
+492|3423
i'm happy to say i don't work in a workplace full of insecure dweebs who rant about STEM vs. humanities. when you're publishing work you require the skillsets of both types of people. imagine having a 'culture war' insecurity at your workplace ... how exhausting and very, very boring.

it's funny that i work with world-leading astrophysics PhDs every day and none of them are anywhere near as contrived and insufferable as engineers are about their 'science smarts' though.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I don't work in a workplace full of insecure dweebs either.

You're the one here who has consistently pissed on anyone who isn't you, I'd say you're the one who is insecure.
uziq
+492|3423
you copy+pasted a paragraph from a work email onto a dead forum to talk how much about how much you 'love being a nerd'. lol.

like that basic paragraph was so impressive to you. frames of reference! woahhh!

yes i'm insecure
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Lol OK. Where would you be without authors exactly?
A whole lot of books, fiction and nonfiction, would be more of a grind to read without the input of good editors -- active contributors to a collaborative process. There are so many things you could rag on zeek for, but for "being an editor" is honestly bizarre.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I almost copy and pasted an angry email a parent sent me once during the pandemic virtual learning period. It went something like
I am a police officer. I don't have the luxury of working from home...
He was complaining that his kid was getting bad grades since he didn't have his one-on-one aide to remind him to get off his cellphone and submit something. The part about being a cop is what irked me. 30 years of living in the shadow of the war on drugs has made me weary of even being in the same room with a cop.

There was a cop car parked in front of the marijuana dispensary. The cop was standing outside the car near some traffic cones that helped direct people into the parking lot. The cop was a young guy and wasn't standing around with a sour face but I still didn't like seeing him there. I wonder if the police had a camera pointed at the parking lot to read license plates. It isn't enough that they need to scan your ID twice to be let in and get your rationed marijuana I guess.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I wonder what goes through the head of someone writing an email like that. "I can't work from home so I won't be happy until you're unable as well."

I guess for a cop, more people on the road means more opportunities for quota fills.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
He can't intimidate the teachers by showing up in his uniform or with a gun holster so he needs to drop in "I aM a CoP" over email.

It isn't the Clinton/Bush years anymore. Nobody is going to thank a cop for keeping them safe these days.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

like that basic paragraph was so impressive to you.
Erm, where did I suggest that?

yes i'm insecure
Erm, how many people have you told to kill themselves?
Must be triple figures by now.
uziq
+492|3423
don't recall telling anyone to kill themselves after the trollsome peak days of bf2s. you sound upset. why are you still so upset about internet trolling on an unofficial EA game forum? but you're so sanguine and triumphant about a musk-trump twitter? you know, which actually did lead to people being killed?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

don't recall telling anyone to kill themselves after the trollsome peak days of bf2s. you sound upset. why are you still so upset about internet trolling on an unofficial EA game forum? but you're so sanguine and triumphant about a musk-trump twitter? you know, which actually did lead to people being killed?
"But I was just trolling lol" - sorry doesn't work. Do I need to go through your recent posts?

Funny that you're putting yourself forward as the arbiter of what people can and can't do on the internet when barely moments ago you tried to incite me to commit a mass slaying.

uziq wrote:

at least the autistic kid has some balls. you're just a little lickspittle coward who posts nasty things about your indian co-workers on a 3-person internet forum. pussy.
A mass shooter who killed 10 people in cold blood "had some balls" crikey.

I honestly couldn't care less if twitter is owned by Satan himself or ceases to exist, you're the one getting worked up because Musk is thinking about buying it.
uziq
+492|3423
where am i the arbiter? twitter arbited their own community along quite commonsensical and legally prudent lines.

now your special snowflake musk hero wants to unban trump because he likes being in the news. sad! if only nerds were invited to more social events in school, we wouldn’t have to suffer this whole over-confected ‘controversy’.

and it’s probable he won’t buy it after all. like most things, this is musk grandstanding and feeding off the attention. weird how you middle-aged types all glom together in your dysfunction, isn’t it?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

and it’s probable he won’t buy it after all. like most things, this is musk grandstanding and feeding off the attention. weird how you middle-aged types all glom together in your dysfunction, isn’t it?
Whats weird is how you're obsessed with Elon Musk

I don't care, you're the one who keeps droning on your about your Musk and your precious twitter.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
The vice principal I am under retired. The guy covering him for the rest of the year ugh. I sent a student with a note to get me some paperwork from the office. The secretary who would know what I am talking about was busy so he "handled" the situation for the student. Kid came back with a message that he doesn't know which sheet to give her. "Not sure if it is the sick day sheet or the missed prep sheet". It is the missed prep sheet. Why not just send the kid back with one of each? There isn't a paper shortage.

I don't have a homeroom so if somebody is absent I will cover the homeroom. Had same arrangement with the last VP. The secretary is super grateful since I don't complain and will help out. I learned early to be nice to the secretaries since they are doing most of the day to day admin stuff. I was talking to the secretary last week about covering a homeroom. I went to the homeroom but came back since she gave me the wrong key. When I was there the "fill in" VP told me I needed to cover a certain room the rest of the day. I had to tell him "I am not a sub. I am a teacher." Held up the lanyard with my name, picture, and teacher across it. The lanyard I have is only for teachers.

Reminds me of something that happened before COVID. It was after school and my lanyard was inside my jacket. I had to go back into the building to get something. Some older white lady yelled at me "excuse me, what are you doing in here?" I had to tell her 'I work here ' She looked genuinely mortified FWIW. Whatever her job is, it wasn't security. I knew that because I had befriended all of the security. I don't know why she was so panicked to see me anyway. I was dressed nicely.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I don't remember any of my teachers having to wear ids, wtf.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
its because youre brown mac
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Probably why the police didn't take the credit card fraud seriously.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Should have become a police officer
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

And then the cucked soldier becomes his partner.

Mac, writing prompt.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard