Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

‘we have highly effective vaccines, why not use them?’
As one of multiple lines of defence, not the only one.

every sort of study available has firmly established that our BEST ‘front line’ weapon in this pandemic are vaccines.
But they actually haven't have they? Transmission has not been impacted at all, so either we find another solution or get revaccinated every three months.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
transmission is impacted? especially by mRNA vaccines? why don't you read some scientific papers and stop wasting everyone's fucking time?

yes, breakthrough reinfections and transmission in the vaccinated have upticked with the more recent strains. obviously, the v1.0 vaccines are badly out of date. but mRNA vaccination, and to a lesser extent traditional jabs, DO improve immunity and cut rates of transmission.

v2.0 vaccines will likely be polyvalent/apply to multiple strains and better combat the now-virulent and most successful strains. wowsers!

d0 a research n00b
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
In many places vaccination is at 90% and omicron is still ripping through, it seems transmission is not impacted at all.

Don't worry, there's a booster on the way for last years variant - vaccines!
uziq
+492|3422
erm 90% vaccinated with TWO-YEAR-OLD vaccines. HOW many more fucking times do we have to go over this?

'ripping through' - yes, that's one way to phrase a 0.1-0.25% ICU admission rate. wow, it's a disaster! it's a human wild fire out there!

the boosters still use two-year-old vaccines and STILL give immunity and protection for 3-4 months. that's a small miracle in-itself and a proof-of-concept of these new vaccine technologies. that sort of performance would NEVER stick if you tried to use a 2-3 year old flu vaccine against this year's strains. you'd have much lower effectivity.

the new vaccines are on the way for the delta/omicron. they're in test production now. we'll have them in spring/early summer.

viruses do settle down, ecologically, over a medium timeframe. the average lifespan of all major pandemics, historically, has been 3-5 years. several major strains will eventually find their ecological 'niche' and there will be minor variations on the same, not major divergences. this is what natural selection IS.

why must you have so many basics explained to you? and yet you continue to stubbornly argue. you argue from a position of staggering ignorance.

Last edited by uziq (2022-01-17 09:39:07)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
You can start ordering covid test from the government tomorrow for free. I guess I will order some because free
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

'ripping through' - yes, that's one way to phrase a 0.1-0.25% ICU admission rate
Transmission up tenfold - yes its ripping through.
viruses do settle down, ecologically, over a medium timeframe. the average lifespan of all major pandemics, historically, has been 3-5 years. several major strains will eventually find their ecological 'niche' and there will be minor variations on the same, not major divergences. this is what natural selection IS.
Some do, some don't, is AIDS just a sore bottom yet?
you argue from a position of staggering ignorance.
No u
uziq
+492|3422
another amazing comparison. covid like AIDS and leprosy. you’re really onto something.

perhaps compare it to, you know, other existing corona viruses? of which there have been hundreds, if not thousands, in recent history … but of which, only about 4 main types have stuck around to form ‘the common cold’?

but OK let’s talk about autoimmune viruses and skin conditions.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Yeah, they're completely different

https://static.dw.com/image/37371320_303.jpg

https://www.scripps.edu/news-and-events/press-room/images/andersen_kristian/920x500_covid19_2d_microscopy.jpg
uziq
+492|3422
are you … visually … comparing viruses?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJWcHSBXIAAeQVn?format=jpg&name=large
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
How does China have any unwilling?
uziq
+492|3422
xi's/the CCP's mandatory vaccine guidelines only amounted to about 1.1 billion eligible citizens, so around 80% of the population.

the difference being, really, that those 80% ... are really forced to have that vaccine.

Last edited by uziq (2022-01-18 03:42:13)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Covidtest.gov

For the free test. You just need to give your address
uziq
+492|3422
tests are already free everywhere i've visited/lived.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Here you have to buy test.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Only 4 free ones, per home. So pathetic.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I think I heard insurance will give you 8 test for free per month. I'll have to ask my racist pharmacy.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Covidtest.gov

Covidtests.gov

Plural

You shouldn't have to pay for the ability to get tested. I can go to at least 20 different sites within a 10 mile drive and get tested for free. Should be the same for anyone in the country. Covidclinic.org is the resource I've been using.

If you are talking rapid test, yes, you have to pay. Why should the US taxpayer be subsidizing a test for someone who wants to travel internationally?

You can find rapid tests online for around $10/each. Not exactly breaking the bank. ~$500/year if you want to get tested once a week. That's 10 Gundams.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I think I heard insurance will give you 8 test for free per month. I'll have to ask my racist pharmacy.
If you have insurance.

Re: ken sure, free testing here and there. HHS.gov just tells you to pharmacy names and links you to the corporate websites. "Free or low cost!" Very useful stuff. /s Locally at least people should be aware of where they can get it, although it's not always a convenient trip out for some.

The four free tests you can order are just sad. Look ma, 4 tests.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Covidtest.gov

Can you give other people's address?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Probably best not to. I didn't read the fine print, but it is a .gov site.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

4 rapid tests for free. 

CVS and Walgreens are free for PCR tests, in addition to all the other testing options you and I listed. I have never once been asked to pay for a PCR test. I know foreigners who were visiting the US who were able to get tested, for free. Not "free testing here and there". Literally free testing in every metropolis and surrounding areas, and every area where there is a CVS or Walgreens. CVS literally has a note in big bold right at the top of their covid splash page saying the testing is "no cost to you". Same with Walgreens.

You can buy rapid tests like the BidenTests for $10. What are you proposing? Do you think the government should provide an endless supply of rapid tests in addition to the free PCR testing they and health insurers are already subsidizing?

I do not know anyone who has had to pay for a PCR test ever. I'm really not sure what you are expecting?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Covidtest.gov

Sure, and those people will get 4 tests in their mailbox (if they haven't already ordered).
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Covidtest.gov

Sure, and those people will get 4 tests in their mailbox (if they haven't already ordered).
Its going to be raining on Sunday, now I have something to do, thank you.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

4 rapid tests for free. 

CVS and Walgreens are free for PCR tests, in addition to all the other testing options you and I listed. I have never once been asked to pay for a PCR test. I know foreigners who were visiting the US who were able to get tested, for free. Not "free testing here and there". Literally free testing in every metropolis and surrounding areas, and every area where there is a CVS or Walgreens. CVS literally has a note in big bold right at the top of their covid splash page saying the testing is "no cost to you". Same with Walgreens.

You can buy rapid tests like the BidenTests for $10. What are you proposing? Do you think the government should provide an endless supply of rapid tests in addition to the free PCR testing they and health insurers are already subsidizing?

I do not know anyone who has had to pay for a PCR test ever. I'm really not sure what you are expecting?
What exactly do you want from me? "Free or low cost" is by quote, not by my stretch. Sometimes unavailable (high demand for the rapid tests), have to look around. Not everyone who receives a bill is going to even know to call back or forward it to HHS.

How many times are you going to ask me what I'm proposing/expecting in a single post? Shouldn't even be taking it up with me. Ask the government, pharmacies, insurers.

On Saturday, the US government began requiring private insurance companies to cover the cost of 8 home COVID-19 test kits per person per month.

But that doesn't mean you can necessarily pop down to your nearest pharmacy and get 8 free tests to go.

We visited two pharmacies in New York and four in California on Saturday, and got different results at every place we went.

We were unable to get any tests paid for upfront through our insurer, and ended up having to submit requests for reimbursement through the mail.

"Preferred" pharmacies aren't supposed to charge upfront, but we were out of luck
https://news.yahoo.com/tried-free-home- … 49433.html
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

wHy sHoUlD ThE Us tAxPaYeR Be sUbSiDiZiNg a tEsT FoR SoMeOnE WhO WaNtS To tRaVeL InTeRnAtIoNaLlY?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard