Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Galactic year and parsec are my two favourite units at the present time.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I'm partial to melange per sci-fis, myself.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

Galactic year and parsec are my two favourite units at the present time.
not an arcmin? what about a milligauss? a microjansky?

i’d have thought you were a fan of the erg. it’s a sound you make me produce on a daily basis.

Last edited by uziq (2021-12-26 18:38:00)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I have my limits - centipoise is a fun one.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KGFmxXrh0Rk/maxresdefault.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its a measure of dynamic viscosity, not an insect.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I preferred Q*bert myself.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Just discovered sonic conductance - Max flow rate at sonic choked flow - dm3/s/bar

You'd think adding an airblast to my robot would be easy.
uziq
+492|3422
https://newleftreview.org/issues/ii130/ … cal-empire

very good analysis of the petrochemical industry. should surely put to bed the idea that we can change the system by 'consumer boycotts'.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
OK, do nothing then, enjoy your coal fired lifestyle.
uziq
+492|3422
do nothing? i have always advocated for top-down political solutions, as surely there must be to this, and i vote accordingly.

i consume a minimal amount of fossil fuels in my day-to-day lifestyle. are we really going to go around this roundabout again? you own a fucking car, you derpsichord.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
And how much advocating do you actually do? I bet its none.

I don't eat meat though, so we're about even on that score.

I'm sure you effectively consume an immense amount of fossil fuels 'in your day to day lifestyle' whatever that means.
Your home, everywhere you visit is lit, heated or cooled, water is pumped and heated, all your food farmed, transported and cooked - in your case almost all of this is from burning coal.

Meanwhile:

https://i.imgur.com/QLxHsmG.png
uziq
+492|3422
wow are we stuck in a time loop. dilbert is feeling smug because his state of 1.6 million edge into the green a few times a week.

meanwhile you’re living in a first-world nation with a first-world standard of living. huge detached houses with giant carbon footprints for their construction. hugely wasteful road layouts and urban planning. a car required for everything.

you pat yourself on the back for abstaining from meat (because you don’t like the taste, i mean rofl, well done st jerome), whilst living in a state that has about as many methane-belching cattle as people.

it’s not an accident that your nation is world-topplingly bad for greenhouse emissions, dilbert. please stop pursuing these inane comparisons.

i’m spending 24 months in a country, living in a small apartment and hopping around on public transport, more often walking, and working in public communal spaces. get off my dick you fucking idiot. i am not responsible for korea’s coal-fired stations and stage of development.

Last edited by uziq (2022-01-02 16:54:27)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Then I'm not responsible for Australia's cows am I?

South Korea - a tiny little country, emits more C02 than Australia - with all its energy intensive primary production.

1 Person apartments are about as inefficient as you can get.
uziq
+492|3422
how is south korea a tiny country? it has twice your population. the more galling statistic in your view, which is one of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, and making everything revolve on the individual, is surely CO2 PER CAPITA. of which australians are some of the worst gluttons in the world. you fucking idiot.

it’s your choice to always make systemic or nation-level things revolve on ‘individual’ culpability. if im somehow responsible for the fact korea’s rail network runs on a coal-powered grid as i join the one of 2 million people who use the metro network every single day … why the fuck aren’t you answerable for your immense and immensely wasteful beef industry? or the immense digging and refining industries which enrich your national standard of living? you moron. this is your own reasoning, not mine.

apartments in korea are tiny. don’t talk nonsense. i live in an apartment that’s heated by the coffee shop on the floor beneath. i do laundry once a week. shower once a day. tell me more how the footprint of my 1-bedroom studio is bigger or less efficient than your average suburban home. you are fucking illiterate. high-density box apartments are certainly not as wasteful as bungalow plots in low-density suburbs, dilderp.

Last edited by uziq (2022-01-02 17:21:32)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So once again, if Australia increases its population we can emit more CO2 and pat ourselves on the back for reducing the per capita number?

The atmosphere does not notice the per capita number.
uziq
+492|3422
the point being, whilst you’re arraigning me personally for the sins of a society i have done nothing to construct or elect, is that by the co2/capita stats, that is taken per individual, even if i am an average korean in terms of consumption (i markedly am not), my usage is still lower than yours. idiot.

you’re the one turning everything into a gospel of personal behaviour. you are virtue signalling. but the stats aren’t in support of you, are they? your lifestyle is vastly more costly on a per-individual basis. you live in a suburb in a state propped up by the tax revenues and exports of massively wasteful industries. is your parents house made of glass, perchance?

just think, if every korean wanted to live in giant suburbs of endless tarmac and detached homes with twee names names like terre haute and dilbert’s redoubt, the south pole would be converted into slush in about 4 years.

Last edited by uziq (2022-01-02 17:35:36)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Per capita emissions for SK aren't far behind, not really 'vastly less costly' at all, only 25% lower in fact - with no primary industry to speak of.
How is SK so inefficient.

I think I'll have a year in the Uighur part of China. Is it my fault the region runs on slavery? No of course not, its someone elses.

But I have a solution to the climate crisis, lets double the Aus population but only increase emissions by 50%.

Emissions will increase by 50% but per capita they'll have dropped to SK levels - global warming solved!
uziq
+492|3422
SK is a huge manufacturing hub in east asia. they’re not exporting coal but they have huge secondary sector industries. making out like it’s all wasteful personal use is really dumb. have you heard of these companies called samsung or hyundai? the samsung group alone is responsible for something like 20% of korea’s entire GDP. derp derp.

I think I'll have a year in the Uighur part of China. Is it my fault the region runs on slavery? No of course not, its someone elses.
10/10 analogy. visiting a developing country who still rely on fossil fuels for much of their energy needs == supporting a genocide. ok. have a biscuit.

do you have any idea how boring this conversation is? honestly you’ve tapped out the same dullard’s progress about 17 times now. are you going senile? i think you should perhaps find a job chap.

Last edited by uziq (2022-01-02 17:53:21)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You're a hypocrite, that is all.

I think I'll take a safari and shoot some animals.

Is it my fault the govts in africa haven't created a top-down solution and developed robot animals for me to shoot?
Of course its not, until they do I'll just have to shoot live ones, I'm blameless in this.
uziq
+492|3422
sorry but visiting a country that uses coal-fired power stations in the provision of electricity and essential services is not the same as giving money to a genocidal regime or choosing to go shoot endangered animals for fun. you are laughable. you silly, silly twerp.

the MAJORITY of your country still uses fossil fuels. you’re being awfully selective about australia’s ‘green’ credentials. we have been over this before. i take it you never leave SA because you don’t want to support all those petro-economy crimes against humanity?

the people vastly expanding australia’s coal exports are your ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES. korea’s system has nothing to do with me. aren’t you more responsible? i’m a visitor; you can exercise a vote.

i haven’t visited any of the saudi nations or holidayed in dubai, etc, precisely for the reason that they are slave states. meanwhile you grew up in the gulf and your family have likely spent god knows how much money in some oil sheikh’s local economy. then you have the gall to call me a hypocrite.  

i’m just writing down most of these trivial, petty arguments you pursue as (a) mundane jealousy and (b) repressed psychosexual tension btw. because my life is pretty fucking awesome and i’m fulfilling goals and ambitions, in beautiful company, and you’re a sadsack who literally has so little in his life that he has to turn ‘doesn’t like the taste of meat’ into some militant virtue. lmao. LoSeR

Last edited by uziq (2022-01-02 18:12:12)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
How much coal have you burned this year?

Think on your privilege.

Bottom line is you're a terrible hypocrite, enjoying about the most carbon intensive lifestyle you can afford but doing no more than supposedly 'advocating' for someone else to do something - which amounts to doing nothing at all.
uziq
+492|3422
enjoying the most carbon intensive lifestyle i can afford  

i could have bought a car in the last decade dilbert, believe it or not. i made choices. how’s it going for you by the way? how long is the drive to the grocery store? they’re all locally sourced right, and in season? no imports?
uziq
+492|3422
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/08/nyre … s-nyc.html

o m g. whatever next? will they set up a van so that pedophiles can easily abduct and rape children in peace!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
People will vandalize the machines
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard