=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6756|In a van down by the river
I figured out something to do with the vehicle drop in the Sharqi Peninsula map.  On the MEC side, try to drop the vehicle in between the USMC UAV trailer and the wall it sits next to.  If you get it just right, the vodnik will shake violently back and forth.  Then the UAV trailer will suddenly blow up, getting the USMC commander all angry and full of hate!  You have to get it just right or it will only do a little bit of damage when it blows up. 

Another thing I've figured out is that if a vehicle (with someone inside of course) is just sitting there, drop a vehicle on top of it.  It will blow up the enemy vehicle ruining this particular person's hopes and dreams.

Get crackin dropping vehicles.  No, don't give them to your teammates to use for transportation.  Use them as weapons of mass destruction, to inflict massive damage on the other team or to crush unsuspecting snipers sitting in bushes!
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6669|I smell corners
......amazing
C.Schaffer
+19|6620|Sweden
HAHAHA yeah thats so cool!
love dropping them on enemy players:P

lovely...lovely...
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6716|Howell, Mi USA
And EA though we would use vehicle drop for what they were intended for. u know, so u don't have to walk. lol this is much better.

Don't forget about dropping vehicles on heli spawns, that will ruin a few peoples day.

Leave it to the bf2 community to get a cool new feature and exploit it to hell. lol

Last edited by Cbass (2006-05-30 09:00:07)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Dieselbrad
+3|6569
This actually rather fun commading with this new feature!

I've used vehicles to:

Destroy Tanks & APC's Low on health.
Destry Opposing AA turrents or Tow Turrents that threaten my teams progress.
Flip the off buildings and damage squads below & Kill Snipers!!!
Provide Cover during heavy Firefights, or Distract the Enemy.
Turn the opposing Commander into RoadKill!

Thanks for the TIP

I'll have to try out destroying Commnder assets this way also.
I imagine you could wedge the car between the ART and the sandbags on most maps to destroy ART.
-botivix-
Damn
+23|6748|Not Scotland Anymore!
Cobra is taking over a flag on daging oilfields at the beginning (as does always happen)..

xxxx is no more
xxxx is no more
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6669|I smell corners

Dieselbrad wrote:

I've used vehicles to:

Thanks for the TIP

I imagine you could wedge the car between the ART and the sandbags on most maps to destroy ART.
If you are playing MEC just trop a Vodnik on the ART and you will destroy it
KillBilly666
+1|6648

Polux wrote:

Dieselbrad wrote:

I've used vehicles to:

Thanks for the TIP

If you are playing MEC just trop a Vodnik on the ART and you will destroy it
The vodnik and the Humvee works good for destroying enemy arty. I tried to the little American buggy but it just fell off of it. You get it right on top of the Arty and the arty kinda impales the vehicle and blows the arty.
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6701|Denver, CO
I was dropping vehicles on Dragon Valley like crazy... snipers... planes... people capping bases... then I drop it on a chopper trying to cap a base, it didn't kill him but it slowed him enough for the coming arty to blow him to shreds.  All of a sudden i'm kicked for "EXPLOITING A GAME MECHANISM" ... the hell! what do you think they put it in for?! TRANSPORTATION? I THINK NOT!
Squig2510
+0|6713
I sense another patch...
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6703|Dayton, Ohio
This may be a good time to start working on my expert repair badge now that you don't need to wait for specops to blow the toys any more.

I am refering to the enemy commander, not doing this to my own team thank you,

Last edited by KnowMeByTrailOfDead (2006-05-30 10:35:03)

INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6701|Denver, CO
does anybody know FOR SURE if you can receive the engineer badges as a commander?  I know you don't receive the team points for fixing things during the round.  However, just like the kills count toward other badges (even though you don't receive points for them) maybe the repair points count toward the repair badge. 

Did anyone receive theirs while being a commander?

Never mind... found the answer ...
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=324065#p324065

apparently, yes, you do sweet

Last edited by INCSOC (2006-05-30 11:49:34)

*=]AD[=*Pro_NL
+77|6651|The Netherlands

C.Schaffer wrote:

HAHAHA yeah thats so cool!
love dropping them on enemy players:P

lovely...lovely...
nah, i got killed by something like that today...2 times    it sucks....
pfc_toecutter
meatshield
+38|6640|Houston, TX
I think it was a joke, but every time I took an island (oil platform) last night on Ghost Town, the commader would drop a vehicle for me....thanks buddy.
CmdrTenchi
Sniper / End-Runner / Wedge
+5|6752|Behind your front lines...
It's raining cars?!  Isn't there a song somewhere?  I think it's the Commander's new weapon of choice.

Last edited by CmdrTenchi (2006-05-30 12:12:18)

Riddicker
+40|6571|Germany - Bavaria
As long as there is no "NO VEHICLES DROPED IN UNCAP BASE" i go on dropping vehicles on commanders, snipers etc! I love vehicle drop!
phprock
+0|6674|Beaver County, PA
Dropping a vehicle on the attack choppers is the best!  I was playing on Sharqi the other night just taking the same two guys out everytime they would take off.  They were also spawn raping the tv tower and just hovering there and I was able to get them in flight with the hummer.  It was hilarious.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6780|Vienna, Austria
The vehicles are what should have been the laser target designator but didn't make it to the final version. Works great if your team has a tank shooting at enemy infantry hiding behind cover, just drop a vehicle in and the tank guy will most definately blow it up... and the enemy with it.
Dieselbrad
+3|6569

Riddicker wrote:

As long as there is no "NO VEHICLES DROPED IN UNCAP BASE" i go on dropping vehicles on commanders, snipers etc! I love vehicle drop!
Oh..God more whining about Uncap base..

If your team sucks ass then you deserve to get your shit rapped.. damn clans who make these idiotic rules...

Learn how to use mines for strategic defense.. blow bridges.. use snipers to spot inc enemy targets.. or mutiny a shitty commander early.. stop the bitching..

Iv'e been on the shitty team about 600 times... life's not Fair... get used to it...
markH262
+0|6671
There was a MEC commander on one of the EU maps who was dropping the jeeps PINPOINT on top of the artillery barrels that were sticking straight up. They would blow up all the time. So I decided to just stick around the arty and get my repair points for Veteran which was pretty easy since you get one point for each repair and they lowered the requirement.  Now I have to wait until I get up to 100hrs as an Engineer before attempting Expert.

However, I think we should send an email to EA advising them of this stupid vehicle drop that they put in. I don't think they EVER think about how some new feature can be exploited when they develop it. And doesn't it seems like the artillery takes longer to reload between shots??
l41e
+677|6670

EA: "hey beta testers found any glitches or exploits with 1.3?"
Beta testers: "no. *giggle giggle* *cough* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
EA: "ok good we can release it now?"
Beta testers: "sure. *break out into fits of laughter*"
EA: "uh...what's so funny?"
Beta testers: "hehehe...nothing...hehe..."
EA: "ok good, we'll release it now"
FoShizzle
Howdah Lysozyme
+21|6649|Pittsburgh, PA
Playing Sharqi the other day I took out the MEC chopper in flight!  All praise the vehicle drop.  I've also dropped the vehicle on the cobra while it was taking off...it started to fly off and blew up not to far from the pad.  Tanks, transports, anti-aircraft installations, arty...you name it - dropped on it and destroyed it. 

The downside to this is that I have given away quite a few vehicles in piss poor attempts at cheap kills. 

Although I use it for all the wrong reasons...it just feels so right.  Pathetic, I know.
Stanners_UK-NI
+1|6690
it seems this new feature has been a bad idea, rarely is it used right. i ask for a car but never get one, cos commanders use them to drop on people... especially places where choppers spawn... or on top of choppers, it pisses me off

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard