RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Was the oven decorative?
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Larssen
+99|1857
I don't remember

I wonder what sort of places uziq goes to on holidays if not an airbnb or hotel. Tip: airbnb's are often way more value for money
uziq
+492|3422

Larssen wrote:

weirdly enough everyone was about 29-33. I think this is the pandemic's doing

I'd have you know it was a very nice airbnb
yeah it sounds unhinged. who gives a handjob in the street in their 30s? it sounds literally like a club 18–30 thing for freshed-faced recruits to graduate schemes.
uziq
+492|3422

Larssen wrote:

I don't remember

I wonder what sort of places uziq goes to on holidays if not an airbnb or hotel. Tip: airbnb's are often way more value for money
i stay in friend's villas or family friend's property. why the hell would i want to be in an airbnb with a bunch of drunken strangers from a nightclub, half of whom are crying and partaking in sophomoric drama over 'omg you kissed her!' 'omg we have history!' yeah, no thanks. leave it to the proletariat.
Larssen
+99|1857
I was there with a friend of mine and 3 people we met earlier in the day. I also happen to like meeting new people, you grumpy man you.

Uziq, the late 20s/early 30s is the time when all those who committed to long term relationships with their college sweetheart start breaking up. Let me tell you, they are truly like 18 year olds but with much more money.

Also, relationship drama is of all ages. How many girls have you called your girlfriend over the last year or so?
uziq
+492|3422
i’ve had lots of partners in the last phase of my life but no relationship drama. people are generally adults about this sort of thing. casual or not. having drunken meltdowns and storming out hasn’t happened to me since i was a university student. that is incredibly lame and dramatic behaviour.

it sounds fun, don’t get me wrong. i’m not poo-pooh’ing your fun anecdote. but like i said, man am i glad that my romantic life is quieter and simpler than that nowadays.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Guy that I cucked sent me a friend request on Facebook. On Christmas day.
So I took a screenshot and sent it to his wife.

The wife said "That's weird. We are not together. I don't know what is going on." I deleted it and am now catching up with the wife.

Spooky knowing this guy was trying to creep onto my Facebook and do harm.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3422
are you really prepared to get beat up or become reddit content for this woman? this guy is going to murder you and we are going to yawn and click through to the next page when we see it on liveleak.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Okay, so what should I do to protect myself?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Hook up with a meaner, burlier soldier.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
Larssen's life doesn't compare with the trainwreck which is mine, still good reading though +1
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Hasn't the most exciting thing that's happened to you in recent months been your gun club drama, the spring, and having a driver try and chat you up to fill the empty void of car trip silence? Food, shelter, plenty of hobby money. Not exactly harvesting cigarette butts out of the trash can so you have something to smoke once you return to your tent under the overpass.

Merry Christmas, anyway.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Gonna be honest, I always viewed Larssen as a robotic bureaucrat type who would go home from work and sit motionless in a chair until the time comes to leave again, so this story wildly messed with my existing schema.
uziq
+492|3422
i know his type: normie.

has a corporate/finance/consultancy job or latterly a bureaucrat/public servant (if they have any sense and know what's good for them). similar to other normie professional cliques and NPC personality types, like lawyers, this group are somewhat riven by side-glancing insecurities about their postings, salaries, resumés, etc, but overall in their identity-formation rely upon a great deal of mutual reinforcement and affirmation from the fact they are 'not hipsters', or not, you know, any of those people who have actually interesting jobs or actual hobbies and passions. this groupthink and camaraderie has a constructive psychological function, when they all need to justify to themselves just why they spend 50-60 hours a week in uncomfortable clothes in a fluoro-lit office surrounded by other NPCs.

holidays in spain, probably skis in winter too, even better if with the office/company lot and so hence don't have to encounter the non-NPC population.

cooks his own beef bourguinon and is so satisfied with his bourgeois domesticity that he wants to let you know about it. probably thinking of buying a small notebook for wine tasting notes, though he's not so sure whether or not to brag to his colleagues at the office about that part yet (they might laugh; requires development of that talent tree in future levelling). will undoubtedly purchase a subscription to a home-delivery wine service at some point, though (prefers riesling, natürlich).

thinks he knows fashion but demonstrably can't tell the difference between a punk rocker's dr marten and a fashionista's ganni. thinks he knows music but inevitably listens to david guetta and recycles plaudits about kendrick lamar. thinks he knows a lot but is in fact as circumscribed in his sheer, overwhelming normie-ness as a lizard in a tank, tongue-flickering, fancies that he's the t-rex of the wilderness.

the boy is doomed. beyond help.

Last edited by uziq (2021-12-26 08:44:19)

Larssen
+99|1857

uziq wrote:

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
https://c.tenor.com/Ae-HgNNviqkAAAAC/james-franco-the.gif
Larssen
+99|1857
I already see/speak to my colleagues some 50+ hours a week so I would never consider going on holidays with them dear god, leave me alone

Vacation is my time to unwind, get shitfaced, preferably with a bunch of idiots doing idiot things.

The other 320 days of the year I do indeed work too much and sit motionless in a chair in my non-work hours until I am called upon again to do my civic duty. Occasionally scowling at the inanity of uziq and dilbert's written exchanges
uziq
+492|3422
james franco set up an acting school just to take advantage of young and impressionable student actresses.

he's been doing the press rounds recently talking about his 'sex addiction'.

creepy.

this interview moment when a bunch of hollywood actors talk about #metoo with franco present is *chef's kiss*.

Last edited by uziq (2021-12-26 10:44:55)

Larssen
+99|1857

uziq wrote:

normie.
Thus spoke the textbook mediocre hipster who desperately resists doing or subscribing to anything that he can't define as niche different and intellectual, lest finding joy in everyday things impacts his or his peers' perception of his 'boundless' intelligence and status as a true connoisseur of art.

Uziq used to be the kid who was only ever complimented for being smart and who fucken sucked at everything else, yet was also painfully aware of and insecure about his shortcomings in all other aspects of life. Unwilling or unable to face up to this and work on his peculiarities he retreated further and further into intellectualism, so he could insulate himself from everything that didn't make him feel like he was special and unique. His internet bully persona an outlet for all the building anxiety resulting from his unacknowledged self-hatred.
uziq
+492|3422
i was waiting for it.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/954/323/394.jpg
uziq
+492|3422
and, yes, it's true, the only type of person who could find having handjobs in the street after freshman-style parties at airbnb's insufferably lame is an 'anxious intellectual'.

what's a bourgeois european doing going to marbella on holiday anyway?
Larssen
+99|1857
Pah, it was Madrid. Please.

I don't see the problem. It was like 4 am, and I was more than a little confused at the whole situation and drunk at the time. She grabbed me down there of her own volition and was gone before I could invite her back to my place. All good with me

You want to talk trashy, I walked into a bachelor party in colombia cartagena earlier in the year. Yeesh, the americans you meet there are a different order of disgusting.
uziq
+492|3422
i've heard about the sort of expats who end up in colombia. rumours of the trashiness reach even seoul. colombia is one of the zeitgeisty sweetspots for 'digital nomads'.
Larssen
+99|1857
sex tourism is rampant. It's full of useless westerners chasing prostitutes. 60 year olds walking hand in hand with 18 year old girls. Bachelor parties to cartagena specifically to spend a weekend fucking hookers, the groom included.

The average colombian girl is socially conservative and possibly religious, anyone who goes there and who comes back with stories of 'getting laid with locals' was partaking in the sex industry. It was honestly everywhere. On the streets, in the clubs, some clubs specifically for hookers, strip clubs also doubled as brothels etc.

What makes it even worse is that I noticed that all the girls are venezuelans who probably ended up in colombia through human trafficking. I talked to a couple and it's a bit of a double edged thing; they can't get a normal job there unless it's picking fruit somewhere or selling coffee on the streets, which won't pay enough to live. So they turn to prostitution en masse (and are sometimes forced into it). It allows them to make a (very) good living and they can send a lot of extra cash back to their families in Venezuela. For some it's just a job but I imagine it scars a lot of girls for life.

And when you're surrounded by it, you start relativising this stuff as well. I ended up in a strip club twice after clubbing. First time was fun just because it's so bizarre, second time a sense of disgust set in. The most fucked up was that bachelor party I walked in on/was invited to.
uziq
+492|3422
i actually know a guy who is teaching english at a private academy in korea who wants to get a master's in education (to earn more as a teacher at similar private businesses in future), and then relocate to colombia for that reason. he 'loves latin women' and has heard many great things from similarly slimy international types. (i really like the guy and don't think he's so bad; but there's definitely a sliding scale towards life-time creepers, and if he's not careful he will be on that train very soon. couldn't imagine actually getting a master's degree to better enable a life goal of bedding women.)

i mostly avoid expats in my life here in korea because so many of them fall into the eternal traveller trap. generally not very interesting people to hang around with. korea is definitely not a destination for 'sex tourism' as it's very much a rich country and korean women aren't 'easy', but there's a certain type of lifetime traveller/itinerant worker who circulate stories about this sort of thing. i've met lots of americans who were previously in thailand/vietnam/cambodia, etc, and will probably go on at some point to places like colombia.

Last edited by uziq (2021-12-26 12:32:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard