SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I bet the SUV man was in special education. Those 50 page of charges is text learning disability behavior.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3422
quite clearly a colossal failure of the justice system if a person with a 50-page rapsheet is still out there, driving a car and going about his business.

america is truly the land of extremes. in one state, if you get caught with weed 3 times you're looking at a 20 year custodial sentence. meanwhile this guy is going for a high score.

re: the dilbert line of 'some people should be locked away from society forever': well, yes. that is self-evidently the case with a certain class of criminal, whether they're serial killer psychopaths or utterly unreformable recidivists. but there is more to the picture of recidivism than 'it's just in their nature'. some people are failed by society and/or made into career criminals by force of circumstance. i'm not saying those individuals should be let out, of course, but that reform to the prison system probably wouldn't hurt, either.

many countries have prison/justice systems that do aim at reformation/rehabilitation and which do a pretty good job of it. the idea that 'once a criminal, always a criminal', with the additional (sometimes) unspoken insinuation '... because they're black', is really just that unique twist of old testament retribution meets new american racism.

Last edited by uziq (2021-11-23 18:56:31)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Some people are angry and retarded and aren't going to change or be deterred, should they be out and about ruining people's lives?
Just one of the many 'felonious assaults' this turd was convicted of was probably a life-changing event for someone else, is that fair?

Many teachers can pick them at age 12, what to do?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
do you really think it's fair and humane to consign someone's life to the trash heap at ... age 12?!?

jesus christ. in another context you'd probably talk about how the 11-plus exam was unfair and wrongly scrapped a bunch of british schoolchildren's lives.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
OK, just let them enjoy a 20 year life of crime fucking up people's lives until they get the final unlock by murdering someone.
uziq
+492|3422
only in very exceptional cases is a 12-year-old set for a life of criminality. you have some very bizarre views about how human beings work.

plenty of teenagers can be total tearaways, nightmares, a burden on their parents, and then settle down to well-adjusted life.

as ever, it's the environment, institutions, guidance and assistance, etc, that a child receives through those years that makes the crucial difference.

you wanting to relegate a fucking 12-year-old as 'beyond hope' is frightening. is this your 'well-qualified technocracy' at work? you honestly sound like a eugenicist nazi in almost every discussion. next you'll be advocating for forced sterilization for most of the 'undesirable' (based on your own subjective ethics) population.

Last edited by uziq (2021-11-23 19:38:52)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Where do you draw the line though, 10 pages of violent criminal record? 20? 30? 50?
At some point you have to balance the freedom of the law abiding not to have their lives ruined against the freedom of people too dumb to learn delayed gratification and to curb their instincts.
The fact is the majority of recidivist offenders and jail residents are intellectually subnormal, no amount of rehab is going to change their brains.

In my technocratic utopia it may be enough to ensure they're supervised, tagged, don't have access to weapons or veicles and have a job thats sufficiently tiring they don't have the energy to commit violent crime.
Or they can be recycled as plant nutrients, I don't know.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-11-23 22:03:59)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
How long before this guy commits some serious crime, or should the Police just round him up time after time until he does?

Why should the public have to watch their backs in the meantime?

https://i.imgur.com/G1Co6mM.png

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-11-23 22:07:15)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Whew, five years have not been kind

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.neshoda
uziq
+492|3422
erm, the law already draws the line between being judged as a minor/child and being judged as an adult, dilbert.

having problems with sentencing leniency for adult career criminals is a different matter altogether. you suggested that 'teachers can spot them at age 12'. no. teenagers and young adults are entirely capable of reforming their charater – or at least of being given the chance. what sort of fucking dystopia do you want to live in where naughty children are thrown in jail for life, or worse? did you never make any mistakes as a child? did you not know any unruly children who mellowed out or settled down into normal adulthoods?

consigning 12-year-olds to the scrapheap is an insane attitude that could only be dreamt up in the minds of a fascist cuck like yourself. you are literally autistic.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

Whew, five years have not been kind

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.neshoda
pity and sympathy are harder feelings to rouse than contempt, we know dilbert.

clearly that guy's life has gone off the rails and he is a danger to himself and the community.

only an ingrate thinks in absolute categories of 'good and evil', though. this isn't the MCU. he isn't a comic villain. that is/was somebody's son, once. and, yes, he was probably not so far gone at age fucking 12, believe it or not.

you honestly make me squint sometimes, it's like talking to a weirdly voluble rock.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

erm, the law already draws the line between being judged as a minor/child and being judged as an adult, dilbert.

having problems with sentencing leniency for adult career criminals is a different matter altogether. you suggested that 'teachers can spot them at age 12'. no. teenagers and young adults are entirely capable of reforming their charater – or at least of being given the chance. what sort of fucking dystopia do you want to live in where naughty children are thrown in jail for life, or worse? did you never make any mistakes as a child? did you not know any unruly children who mellowed out or settled down into normal adulthoods?

consigning 12-year-olds to the scrapheap is an insane attitude that could only be dreamt up in the minds of a fascist cuck like yourself. you are literally autistic.
Didn't actually say any of that but well done.

clearly that guy's life has gone off the rails and he is a danger to himself and the community.
If you read his FB, and its epic, it was never on the rails.
uziq
+492|3422
why the fuck would anyone spend their time spying on facebook profiles of strangers? especially the local low lifes?

you are literally a grandfather, sat on a porch, full of piss and vinegar. you should really find something better to do.

Didn't actually say any of that but well done.
re: giving people tiring jobs, well, yes, that actually works better – so long as it's fairly compensated and gives them a future stake in society. using prisoners as de facto slave labour in a vast, profit-making private enterprise, not so much. again, i don't think rehabilitation or reformation is beyond the ability of the justice system in 95% of cases.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

re: giving people tiring jobs, well, yes, that actually works better – so long as it's fairly compensated and gives them a future stake in society. using prisoners as de facto slave labour in a vast, profit-making private enterprise, not so much. again, i don't think rehabilitation or reformation is beyond the ability of the justice system in 95% of cases.
You mean like the undocumented illegals who prop up the SK economy and give you a nice life?

One thing I've thought about a lot - a heck of a lot of effort goes into propping up and picking up the pieces after the bottom 10%, all that effort could be more productively used to bring the bottom 40% up a rung or two.
My technician at work was somewhat butthurt that I was an engineer and he was a machinist, a bit more help and a better start and maybe he could have been. instead all the help he could have had was probably poured into some lowlife who wasted it and was imprisoned or dead at 30.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Aah, my fellow Australians

https://i.imgur.com/ySUyziZ.png

https://i.imgur.com/qq7jbbJ.png

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-11-24 00:17:03)

uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

You mean like the undocumented illegals who prop up the SK economy and give you a nice life?

One thing I've thought about a lot - a heck of a lot of effort goes into propping up and picking up the pieces after the bottom 10%, all that effort could be more productively used to bring the bottom 40% up a rung or two.
My technician at work was somewhat butthurt that I was an engineer and he was a machinist, a bit more help and a better start and maybe he could have been. instead all the help he could have had was probably poured into some lowlife who wasted it and was imprisoned or dead at 30.
how do the illegal migrant workers of SK 'prop up' my nice life? a little bit confused there. i don't have any sort of substantial stake in the korean economy or its outputs/exports/products.

are you really going to try and reduce everything to 'lol your llfestyle' ad hominem? we're discussing the fucking private prison complex and now you have a problem because i'm in a country with an ass-backwards immigration policy that has resulted in a de facto huge undocumented workforce. this isn't even ad hominem – it's non sequitur. you are nonsensical.

i guess this is your roundabout way of acknowledging how fucking dumb and ignorant you are though whenever you talk about korea being a 'strict hermetic monoculture': yeah, between the census data declaring everyone from about 12 different root-ethnicities as blanket 'korean', and the other non-korean visitors not being counted on the books, i guess you could call it a totally homogeneous hermit kingdom i'll be right back, i'm just popping out for an italian meatball subway for dinner.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Did you know that meatballs are 90% meat?
uziq
+492|3422
did you know you are 100% hot air?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

how do the illegal migrant workers of SK 'prop up' my nice life?
By, um, providing cheap services?

Like subway meatballs.

So what is the other 10% of meatballs made of? The clue is in the name.
uziq
+492|3422
hospitality and services workers are 99% korean. most people with jobs in subway are students or even recent graduates.

thanks for telling me who serves me, though, in a country you've never been to. i didn't notice.

major franchises don't tend to employ illegal and undocumented migrants.

migrant workers here are overwhelmingly concentrated in manufacturing, construction, industry, etc. not front-facing 'services'.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Solomon Islanders burned down their Chinatown

Interesting

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-28/ … /100656874
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Yeah that dang 'chinavirus,' right?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Actually a family member did a tour of the Pacific, the locals hate the chinese.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Doesn't surprise me. Would suck to get attacked because you "look Chinese" though and people are mad about one thing or the other.
Larssen
+99|1857
Surprised we don't have a recent post about china in general.

Some articles that might interest you all:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-58652249

https://thediplomat.com/2021/04/czechia … a-efforts/

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-59441379

What is particularly interesting to me is the personal grudge the chinese government seems to hold against a certain academic:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/0 … s-silence/

He is a prolific writer on Uyghur detention and torture. Searching his name makes for an interesting case study of Chinese targeted disinformation against him. From news articles, to fake think tanks attacking him, to social media trolls from FB to reddit taking aim at the guy.

Last edited by Larssen (2021-11-30 00:30:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard