SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Have you bought any hooker's time recently? Maybe you can run this by your favorite and see what she thinks?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
OK, I think we've determined newbie runs tech support for a dildo factory and his family owns a chain of bordellos.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I posted that in the wrong thread. I meant to post it in response to your issues with the gun club. Newbie as far as I know doesn't buy hookers.

Now would probably be a good time to start.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I posted that in the wrong thread. I meant to post it in response to your issues with the gun club. Newbie as far as I know doesn't buy hookers.
I could but none of the girls I know are really familiar with how the Office of Cosumer and Business Affairs - which regulates incorporated associations - thinks.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Far be it for me to discourage you offering your services as a dildo lathe operator, dilbert, but maybe keep looking. There are probably some sites out there that would enable you to turn your hobby into a second career.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Probably just buy myself a lathe and sell dildos myself
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Good news from the fracture department, I guess they're moving him off the morphine and onto oxy. There's a possibility too that the fracture might mend without a plate. I am getting some of this information second hand, so am not sure what all that will entail. They're going to put him in a sort of machine tomorrow to test movement or something. All I can think of are those water tanks used to rehab cats, dogs, and horses, but am not sure if that's it. Not getting texts, so I think he's finally taking the opportunity to sleep, and I think my mom's going to try to tonight as well. Decluttering commences tomorrow to open wider spaces.

So far, so good. Better case scenario of course, it shouldn't have happened in the first place.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Idea for Dilbert's gofundme/etsy: Ginger Cattery Dildo Factory

See if you can get away with an almost-Garfield mascot, like those nearly-Calvin bumper stickers. Name individual models after characters from Cats.

Old Deuteronomy, 9 1/2 inches.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
These are great suggestions, but copyright infringement is a big no-no.

Also as soon as I become successful Amazon will just copy my products and shut down my sales channel.

Also thats good news about your father.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-11-07 22:22:22)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

So far, so good. Better case scenario of course, it shouldn't have happened in the first place.
Here falling off roofs and ladders is a leading cause of death.

When the house across the road was being built, by a crackpot amateur, apparently he fell off and lay dying for days.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

These are great suggestions, but copyright infringement is a big no-no.

Also as soon as I become successful Amazon will just copy my products and shut down my sales channel.
Just do what other etsy fan artists do and use approximate names.

Magical Tux

Granddaddy

I would fall over laughing if Amazon aggressively absorbed dildo designs into an amazon basics line.

Also thats good news about your father.
Thanks, hope it continues to trend that way.

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Here falling off roofs and ladders is a leading cause of death.

When the house across the road was being built, by a crackpot amateur, apparently he fell off and lay dying for days.
That really sucks.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Good news from the fracture department, I guess they're moving him off the morphine and onto oxy.
I am not sure what your dad is like but maybe monitor his usage of those oxys? An injury followed up with oxys is how a lot of blue collar older types got themselves into all of that trouble. If I ever get injured while working the garbage route, I will not take those.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2021-11-08 07:34:42)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

In the world of contracting businesses, the line isn't always very clearly drawn between blue and white collar. I will do my best to see to it that he stays white collar for the duration of his recovery.

Not too worried about the oxys beyond what's reasonable. Everyone involved is aware of the risks, and he doesn't often reach the bottom of a bottle of prescription painkillers anyway. It does help that I'm not the only one who's going to be keeping him under scrutiny.
uziq
+492|3422
glad to hear things are okay newbs. i know the stomach-churning feeling of hospital uncertainties and phonecalls from unknown numbers.

not sure how old your old man actually is, but an event like this is normally time to have a chat about their levels of physical activity. old men especially don't seem to acknowledge they're not as spritely and able-bodied as they once were. it took my grandfather getting into a silly car wreck (literally reversed straight out of a parking spot into another car directly, and clearly visibly, behind him) before he admitted that his cognition and physical reflexes aren't what they used to be.

not saying your pa is senile like that, but still: better to let someone else go up ladders from now on. a broken hip or pelvis is hard to perfectly recover from after a certain age.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Thanks. Stomach-churning is indeed a good word for it. Never good news. Anxiety worsened as things unfolded, but has settled somewhat with consistent good news from the hospital.

Both parents are in their early/mid 60s (I'm still in my late 30s). I don't think he's senile or anything, just on that threshold of full-brain realization that he's not 20 anymore.

Old man strength can be an accurate meme (watching an 70/80yo-looking man casually stroll out of a feed store with an 80 pound bag on his shoulder was memorable (I was there for bird seed, I don't work on a farm)). But I think you make a good point about old men and unsound pacing, until they get a wakeup call. It's my observation as well. It's hard for me to blame someone for being resentful of waning physical stamina though, even when they have previous generations of examples to look back on.

Since this happened, I have heard a bunch of random ladder fall stories from friends and family members. A veritable floodgate, blown wide open. "Oh yeah, my grandpa fell off a ladder too, went back to work on the farm later." "I fell off the ladder last summer."

I don't think he's going to want to retire until much later. Some of his friends who have in the past endured visible physical decline. I tend to attribute it to the possibility that they retired because they felt ill as much as possible decline from a lack of physical activity. Still, he says he's done with ladders. I hope that sticks.

Still thinking about putting a bicycle lock through their ladders or taking them off their hands entirely for the time being. If they call a contractor to do work on their house, those guys can bring their own ladders.
uziq
+492|3422
i was assuming they'd be in their 60s, in which case the 'broken hip' anxieties don't necessarily apply. (my grandmother fell and broke her hip on xmas day a few years ago, went into hospital, and never left; it was a rather short stay and quick decline, though she was 98 rather than 60; quite the difference.)

there's ways to take physical activity or satisfaction in using one's body without climbing ladders. it's definitely important to still be active, and i'm sure the dr's will have some good recommendations for your dad's hip rehab.

Last edited by uziq (2021-11-09 04:21:56)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Only fell off a ladder once, so far, had been going up and down all day, very last trip missed the last step on the way down, nearly broke my ankle.

With everything I've done I'm lucky not to have been killed or maimed, so far.

Probably have to pace my expectations with capabilities a bit better.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

uziq wrote:

i was assuming they'd be in their 60s, in which case the 'broken hip' anxieties don't necessarily apply. (my grandmother fell and broke her hip on xmas day a few years ago, went into hospital, and never left; it was a rather short stay and quick decline, though she was 98 rather than 60; quite the difference.)
I was worried for it being the kind of break it was, and especially the internal bleeding when I heard about it. A bit more into that artery and it might've been lights out, 60 or not.

there's ways to take physical activity or satisfaction in using one's body without climbing ladders. it's definitely important to still be active, and i'm sure the dr's will have some good recommendations for your dad's hip rehab.
For sure, he's going to be in therapy for awhile, and given instruction far more sound than what I know from reading. The milestone for a hip fracture like that is probably getting to the toilet on your own, and not 3:07 -

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
How do you transport a long bong, a one hitter, $80 worth of marijuana, 2 Starbucks frappuccino from 7/11, and a grill lighter to the other side of town by foot?

Tactical backpack
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

You put coffee in a backpack? Does this backpack have cup holders?

Putting a bong into a backpack reminds me of high school. Did you have one of those bong cases? The big padded ones with the zipper down the side and a little pocket for the bowl piece? Good times
uziq
+492|3422
why does anyone need to use a bong? does it confer any benefits? i'd be embarrassed to have a bong in my home. weed paraphernalia looks so tacky.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

You put coffee in a backpack? Does this backpack have cup holders?

Putting a bong into a backpack reminds me of high school. Did you have one of those bong cases? The big padded ones with the zipper down the side and a little pocket for the bowl piece? Good times
Quite a few backpacks these days have the cup/water bottle holder webbing on the sides, don't they?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
I'm talking to a guy in Atlanta and online poker came up.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dad's been discharged, recovering ahead of expectations.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2021-11-13 06:38:49)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Glad to hear things are working out. I matched with a 21 year old girl on FB dating whose listed occupation is "dancer". I never met a girl who is involved in ballet.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard