SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Bought two nice Rutgers lanyards for $7.99 each. They were to hold my reusable hall pass. Both were stolen from the rooms I share. The last lanyard to go missing is in the same room as where my MacBook charger was stolen.

It's a Tik Tok thing to steal from their schools
"POS Students stealing random objects from their schools for TikTok trend."
https://www.reddit.com/r/iamatotalpiece … rom_their/
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Blame antifa.

lol didn't watch

Aren't most of those videos obviously fake for memes anyway? Who's going to get angry at a kid who claims to have snuck an entire school bus, or the school itself, home in his backpack.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

It's fairly normal to have things go missing from your workplace, whether it's students stealing lanyards or Debbie from Accounting taking a few stamps from the supply cabinet.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

What I don't get is food theft out of work fridges. What kind of revolting slob do you have to be to rifle through your coworker's leftovers for snacks? Gross and petty.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
They should send a social worker to find my missing lanyards.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I gave a homeless man a dollar. He saw me leaving Dunkin Donuts with a large Blueberry Iced latte and thought I had money. He said "have a good day". He didn't say "God bless" like other homeless people do.

Maybe he thought I am a Muslim. I still always give homeless people money when I have it. Don't judge me.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
The Adventures of Springy

October 20, 2021, 10:12 am Departed USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 20, 2021, 10:00 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 20, 2021, 4:45 am Departed USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 19, 2021, 4:12 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 19, 2021, 10:28 am Departed USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 18, 2021, 8:07 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 16, 2021, 9:08 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility JACKSONVILLE FL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 15, 2021, 4:41 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 13, 2021, 6:31 pm Departed USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 12, 2021, 8:01 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 9, 2021, 3:22 pm Processed Through Facility ISC MIAMI FL (USPS) 
September 23, 2021, 1:17 pm Departed BEEF ISLAND, VIRGIN ISLANDS BRITISH
September 23, 2021, 11:30 am Departed SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO
September 21, 2021, 8:48 am Departed SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO
September 17, 2021, 12:16 am Departed MIAMI, UNITED STATES
September 16, 2021, 4:45 pm Arrived MIAMI, UNITED STATES
September 15, 2021, 4:51 pm Processed Through Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 15, 2021, 7:49 am Departed USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 15, 2021, 7:49 am Arrived at Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 14, 2021, 2:58 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 14, 2021, 1:55 pm Departed USPS Regional Facility OPA LOCKA FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 14, 2021, 7:59 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility FORT MYERS FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 14, 2021, 5:29 am Departed USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 14, 2021, 2:41 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 14, 2021, 1:26 am Accepted at USPS Origin Facility TAMPA, FL 33687 
September 10, 2021, 4:22 pm Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item TAMPA, FL 33687 

Holy mother of all things fucked.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Trace its path on google maps. It might be trying to spell something.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Pretty sure its a pentagram, but I will do.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Been through Miami six times, you'd think someone would say "hey, I've seen this package before"
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
They had 72hours to prepare my prescription. They still asked for another 30minutes.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Been there my man. Put in the order on a Friday and they asked when I'd be in so I said first thing (8am) on Monday. 8am monday rolls around and I ask for it and they say it's going to be a while yet so I should take a seat... Thanks guys.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Why is it medical people always think their time is more important than the customers?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

Dilbert_X wrote:

Why is it medical people always think their time is more important than the customers?
Same reason I can be on my cellphone and the kids can't. "When you graduate medical school you can decide the schedule."
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I guess my parents are watching another show about some king or queen of England. That must make like #72 or something.

There are other interesting monarchs in history. Ludwig II of Bavaria. Casimir the Great. Suleiman the Magnificent. Cyrus the Great. Ivan the Terrible. Even the weird story of Philip II of Spain and Don Carlos.

I am weary of the constant stream of 1700s+ English royalty soap opera.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Never gave a shit about it, my mother and sister are obsessed with the current Kardashian-esque shenanigans of Mr and Mrs Markle
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I guess my parents are watching another show about some king or queen of England. That must make like #72 or something.

There are other interesting monarchs in history. Ludwig II of Bavaria. Casimir the Great. Suleiman the Magnificent. Cyrus the Great. Ivan the Terrible. Even the weird story of Philip II of Spain and Don Carlos.

I am weary of the constant stream of 1700s+ English royalty soap opera.
If I had Jeff Bezos money I would spend it on making historical movies about lesser known kings and conquerors. Make the movies with that 60's look to them. And with practical effects, extras, etc.

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

That would be an interesting challenge even if you did have Bezos money. Some of the techniques in those old movies are rather lost/dying arts. Death ever the enemy to the retention of human knowledge and expertise.
uziq
+492|3422
jeff bezos-level money will only inflate one aspect of those films: aesthetic spectacle. that's what the hollywood epic, as a genre, basically was.

we already live in a super-saturated era of spectacle. michael bay or zach snyder are the filmic equivalent of jeff bezos's 'fuck you' money. the MCU and DC 'universes' are the new modern epics. we don't need any more blockbusters with infinite budgets and billion-dollar earnings. like bezos's phallic space-scraping missions, they are all style and very little substance. maybe william shatner can be persuaded to play nero?!?

christopher nolan is the filmic equivalent of elon musk. 'he's so smarts and he makes deep films! truly taking humanity to the next level! you just don't get it!'

there are lots of good directors making period or historical dramas. i really rue that kubrick never made his napoleon movie. but he did give us 'barry lyndon'. an infinitely preferable film to the high-budget, glossy, spectacular hollywood equivalent of, say, mel gibson's 'the patriot'. lyndon has to be one of the most sumptuous things ever put to celluloid.

ben wheatley is another director who is tremendous at period evocation.

Last edited by uziq (2021-10-26 20:46:21)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I do like some of the old spectacle films. It's amazing seeing so many extras on a project, knowing that they aren't just a bunch of clone-stamps. Stuff that can be accomplished with practical effects, not to demean CGI or anything. Beyond the spectacle aspect, I'm not sure it's fair to compare them entirely to comic book stuff and confusing Michael Bay movies and transformer fights that look like a video game model glitching out.

Mac becoming Bezos-rich doesn't seem like much of a serious proposition to strike down.
uziq
+492|3422
to be clear, i do think the old hollywood epics are better than current michael bay films.

if hollywood inaugurated the era of the spectacle, well, that's no bad thing. it also took montage from eisenstein and employed a lot of damn fine writers.

today we live in super-spectacle, simulacrum, pure CGI wankery. the budgets and incomes are of an entirely different order.

societies and cultures only create authentically epic art in certain periods. america is in a period of decadence and decline. it's too late in her trajectory now to rediscover the epic ethos. she's lost her self-possession and confidence since 9/11. hence you get angsty films about 'noble lies' as in nolan's batman. reflexive, bitter, involuted stuff. an epic about the romans would be totally preposterous.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

uziq wrote:

societies and cultures only create authentically epic art in certain periods. america is in a period of decadence and decline. it's too late in her trajectory now to rediscover the epic ethos. she's lost her self-possession and confidence since 9/11. hence you get angsty films about 'noble lies' as in nolan's batman. reflexive, bitter, involuted stuff. an epic about the romans would be totally preposterous.
I know it is pig man brain to bring up cancel culture but I think another issue with trying to do a Roman epic is that it wouldn't stand up to modern cultural feelings. Like how do you make a movie glorifying a Roman leader without confronting (vomit 🤮) the whole enslavement and mass extermination of your political enemies? Can you imagine an epic about Sulla that doesn't mention the two marches on Rome and the proscriptions? The freeing and execution of the slave?

Can't make a movie about the Crusades that won't upset some people. Kingdom of Heaven was politically correct to a fault. Conquest of Aztecs? No that would upset Native Americans. Etc.

The Kubrick movie on Napoleon would have been something. There is no epic Napoleon movies.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Waterloo is only a sliver of time, but that kinda fits the epic bill by definition.
uziq
+492|3422

SuperJail Warden wrote:

uziq wrote:

I know it is pig man brain to bring up cancel culture but I think another issue with trying to do a Roman epic is that it wouldn't stand up to modern cultural feelings. Like how do you make a movie glorifying a Roman leader without confronting (vomit 🤮) the whole enslavement and mass extermination of your political enemies? Can you imagine an epic about Sulla that doesn't mention the two marches on Rome and the proscriptions? The freeing and execution of the slave?

Can't make a movie about the Crusades that won't upset some people. Kingdom of Heaven was politically correct to a fault. Conquest of Aztecs? No that would upset Native Americans. Etc.

The Kubrick movie on Napoleon would have been something. There is no epic Napoleon movies.
you're looking to the wrong historical sources for your modern american epic, that's why. despotic imperial dynasties are out; badass slaves are in.

incidentally, with regards to what i've said about late-stage nations being 'decadent' and 'reflexive', having art that largely comments upon existing art or past glories: both of the borderline hollywood/borderline artsty propositions of tarantino and the coen bros have done some great things with this. they've set films in hollywood that deal with america's (epic) past. i think both of the films are pretty good, too.

this movie notoriously contains many references to tHe FraNkfuRt SchOoL of radical critical theorists.

Last edited by uziq (2021-10-27 17:24:33)

uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

The Adventures of Springy

October 20, 2021, 10:12 am Departed USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 20, 2021, 10:00 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 20, 2021, 4:45 am Departed USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 19, 2021, 4:12 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 19, 2021, 10:28 am Departed USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 18, 2021, 8:07 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 16, 2021, 9:08 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility JACKSONVILLE FL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 15, 2021, 4:41 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 13, 2021, 6:31 pm Departed USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 12, 2021, 8:01 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
October 9, 2021, 3:22 pm Processed Through Facility ISC MIAMI FL (USPS) 
September 23, 2021, 1:17 pm Departed BEEF ISLAND, VIRGIN ISLANDS BRITISH
September 23, 2021, 11:30 am Departed SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO
September 21, 2021, 8:48 am Departed SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO
September 17, 2021, 12:16 am Departed MIAMI, UNITED STATES
September 16, 2021, 4:45 pm Arrived MIAMI, UNITED STATES
September 15, 2021, 4:51 pm Processed Through Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 15, 2021, 7:49 am Departed USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 15, 2021, 7:49 am Arrived at Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 14, 2021, 2:58 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Facility MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 14, 2021, 1:55 pm Departed USPS Regional Facility OPA LOCKA FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 14, 2021, 7:59 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility FORT MYERS FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 14, 2021, 5:29 am Departed USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 14, 2021, 2:41 am Arrived at USPS Regional Facility YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
September 14, 2021, 1:26 am Accepted at USPS Origin Facility TAMPA, FL 33687 
September 10, 2021, 4:22 pm Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item TAMPA, FL 33687 

Holy mother of all things fucked.
this all sounds like it might just produce carbon dioxide emissions.

i think you should attend church this sunday, son.

imagine blaming families for wanting to take one holiday a year, and meanwhile ordering inessential consumer hobbyist goods from a source 10,000 miles away. hardworking people taking a break = selfish. dilbert wants a ... spring ... hurry that cargo ship the fuck up! tell that pilot to put the airliner in top gear! dilbert can't wait for his extra-special spring from florida!

just think, if we all stopped ordering junk online from the other side of the world, the huge problem of cargo transport pollution would disappear.

Last edited by uziq (2021-10-31 00:04:44)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard