SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
The gang that kidnapped 17 people  with a U.S.-based Christian aid group in Haiti on Saturday is demanding a ransom of $1 million for each person they are holding, the country’s justice minister, Liszt Quitel, said on Tuesday.

Local authorities said that the kidnapped group was captured in a suburb of Port-au-Prince and included 16 Americans and one Canadian. Five children were among those taken.
Oh no. Can they send a social worker to negotiate? I look forward to BLM complaining about Seal Team 6 killing gang members.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

"What are they going to do, send a social worker?" The exact sort of sarcastic, catch-all jeer heard from the thin blue line every time a thing happens that actually warrants the involvement of police or higher.

Quite the drastic change from all your stinging commentary on pig people?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

so why is it surprising to you that iraqis would consider australia a more suitable choice?
The question is why Australians would consider whether Iraqis have made a suitable choice.

From the perspective here each wave has been a disaster - post-war wogs, 10 pound poms, bloody lebos - each wave has failed to integrate, brought their problems and improved nothing.

What we need is an Iraqi gang to deal with two Lebanese gangs
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-20/ … /100552710

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-10-19 18:16:56)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The gang that kidnapped 17 people  with a U.S.-based Christian aid group in Haiti on Saturday is demanding a ransom of $1 million for each person they are holding, the country’s justice minister, Liszt Quitel, said on Tuesday.

Local authorities said that the kidnapped group was captured in a suburb of Port-au-Prince and included 16 Americans and one Canadian. Five children were among those taken.
Oh no. Can they send a social worker to negotiate? I look forward to BLM complaining about Seal Team 6 killing gang members.
what do haitians have to do with BLM?
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

so why is it surprising to you that iraqis would consider australia a more suitable choice?
The question is why Australians would consider whether Iraqis have made a suitable choice.

From the perspective here each wave has been a disaster - post-war wogs, 10 pound poms, bloody lebos - each wave has failed to integrate, brought their problems and improved nothing.

What we need is an Iraqi gang to deal with two Lebanese gangs
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-20/ … /100552710
poor and disadvantaged groups feature heavily in organized street crime in surprise shocker.

countries need immigrants for their growing economy. for jobs that whingers like you don't want to do. a 'failure to integrate' is seldom only the fault of the minority. it takes two to handshake.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
These aren't street gangs these are international crime gangs importing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of drugs and weapons.
uziq
+492|3422
international crime is a really, really good argument against accepting immigrants. i'm sure that saying no to all non-white groups will fix the problem of international crime and drug smuggling. australians will stop desiring cocaine if you ban the lebanese. it's obvious!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

uziq wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

what do haitians have to do with BLM?
What do Palestinians have to do with BLM?
"Black Lives Matter protesters make Palestinian struggle their own"
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ … le-us-left

Haitians in our part of the world have more of a right to be protested over by BLM than Hamas supporters.
uziq
+492|3422
i love this channel so much.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

At least her fancy red mask will stop her neck from coughing covid everywhere, wait …
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Gangs blocking Haiti’s ports, choking off fuel shipments. Hospitals on the verge of shutting down as generators run dry, risking the lives of hundreds of children. Cellphone towers going without power, leaving swaths of the country isolated. And an acute hunger crisis growing more severe each day.

After a presidential assassination, an earthquake and a tropical storm, a new crisis is gripping Haiti: A severe fuel shortage is pushing the nation to the brink of collapse because gangs, not the government, rule about half of the nation’s capital.

With gangs holding up fuel trucks at will, truck drivers have refused to go to work, setting off a nationwide strike by transportation workers and paralyzing a nation dependent on generators for much of its power.
What a disaster zone. Haiti and Afghanistan seem to be in competition to see whose country can most dramatically collapse this year.

Crazy to think that this latest crisis was started when some weirdo got the idea of hiring people to kill the president.
uziq
+492|3422
i mean, that's the tip of the iceberg. haiti has reveived way, way more than its fair share of natural and economic disasters in recent years.

the history of that island and its two nations is really interesting. pretty good paradigm study of 20th century post-colonial movements.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Gangs blocking Haiti’s ports, choking off fuel shipments. Hospitals on the verge of shutting down as generators run dry, risking the lives of hundreds of children. Cellphone towers going without power, leaving swaths of the country isolated. And an acute hunger crisis growing more severe each day.

After a presidential assassination, an earthquake and a tropical storm, a new crisis is gripping Haiti: A severe fuel shortage is pushing the nation to the brink of collapse because gangs, not the government, rule about half of the nation’s capital.

With gangs holding up fuel trucks at will, truck drivers have refused to go to work, setting off a nationwide strike by transportation workers and paralyzing a nation dependent on generators for much of its power.
What a disaster zone. Haiti and Afghanistan seem to be in competition to see whose country can most dramatically collapse this year.

Crazy to think that this latest crisis was started when some weirdo got the idea of hiring people to kill the president.
Learning is fun.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

uziq wrote:

i mean, that's the tip of the iceberg. haiti has reveived way, way more than its fair share of natural and economic disasters in recent years.

the history of that island and its two nations is really interesting. pretty good paradigm study of 20th century post-colonial movements.
Yes, the fact that the two nations sharing a tiny island developed so dramatically different is an interesting case study. GDP per capita of $1,900 vs $9,195. $9,000 is nothing to brag about but it still has a big practical difference.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2021-10-27 17:18:30)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
People crossing Channel ‘not genuine asylum seekers’ and just want to stay in hotels, Priti Patel says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h … 46223.html

LMAO
uziq
+492|3422
i would definitely trust priti patel and the tory party on this.

check the human rights groups and lawyers’ opinions. priti patel demonised them for pointing out the tories’ mendacity. a right wing nut turned up to a prominent law firm’s offices with a knife.

all totally reasonable behaviour and humane attitudes in dilbert land.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Article in National Review arguing against the proposed universal Pre-K bill.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/10/ … trination/

Parents who wouldn’t fall for a Nigerian Internet scam (“Hello my friend!” I have US$150,000 for you!”) may be intrigued by the idea of being able to dump off the cost of minding their children on the government for two more years. But when someone you don’t know offers you free stuff, there are strings attached. There are always strings attached. The government isn’t about to give you free child care without extracting a price in return: It wants to control your child’s mind.
What will the Democrats think of next?

I think the Democrats are less interested in indoctrinating children and instead want to produce more teacher union workers. Those workers and their unions will funnel contributions to Democrat political campaigns in order to protect their jobs. National Review is definitely aware of that but rather scare people about lesbian teachers trying to make children afraid of their penis.

The misandrist streak in education, for instance, combined with the weaponization of the culture and Title IX to allow vengeance-minded women to punish men involved in consensual sexual encounters that the women later regret, has coincided with a massive loss of male interest in education.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Some of these articles really need a mst3k commentary.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

re: teachers want to mind control kids

Even during the supposed "nightmare" of the Clinton administration, I've only ever had one teacher go after me that way. Yes, this story again. They did a poor job, making me their pet project for liberalization. Underpinning every exhausting daily argument with a singular student every day, in front of the whole class, with unconcealed snide and insult isn't going to turn many people to your side, let alone a disgruntled teenager. I remained a "conservative" throughout most of the Bush administration (well done, Mr. what's-your-name) until my own further reading, and what I perceived as the worsening behavior of the right, pushed me left.

So my own experiences tell me that no, schools were not trying to "control minds" at least then. But talk radio was telling parents that they were. "Pushing desks together so that students can't think for themselves" featured heavily. Pretty sure the objective is to teach collaboration, one of those real-life people skills folks bemoan about employees not having. My biggest complaint about it at the time was on occasion having other students mooch off your work and get your grade.

Was the SohCahToa lady trying to control minds? Make students into a bunch of extra, bleeding-heart liberals by doing a trigonometry war dance?

lol
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

"Pushing desks together so that students can't think for themselves" featured heavily.
Collaborative learning? People are upset about that?

Collaborative learning is an educational approach to teaching and learning that involves groups of students working together to solve a problem, complete a task, or create a product. ... Learning flourishes in a social environment where conversation between learners takes place.
That is hard to do with my level of kids for reasons but it is what I most enjoyed about working with the higher functioning kids.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Interestingly collaborative learning is the way teachers teach each other. Professional development days are almost always group work projects.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

"Group think" was the bad word iirc. How will kids learn to pull themselves up by the bootstraps, I guess. I don't know if that's still being droned on about. I mostly get conservative talk shows second-hand.

Limbaugh-esque perception of public education:

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I think the Democrats are less interested in indoctrinating children and instead want to produce more teacher union workers. Those workers and their unions will funnel contributions to Democrat political campaigns in order to protect their jobs. National Review is definitely aware of that but rather scare people about lesbian teachers trying to make children afraid of their penis.

The misandrist streak in education, for instance, combined with the weaponization of the culture and Title IX to allow vengeance-minded women to punish men involved in consensual sexual encounters that the women later regret, has coincided with a massive loss of male interest in education.
Here the Lutherans have been doing this forever - low cost non-state education for your kids, also compulsory god classes.

Also lesbians and woke leftists have pretty much taken over state education.

I think being scared of hell is the better option than wanting to cut your penis off.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

We don't want teachers trying to control the minds of our youth, but it's important that we put the bible and the fear of god back into our public schools.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Whats wrong with fear of muslims?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard