Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Just out in public I've had enough things hit me that I'm fine with wearing some form of eye protection most of the time.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Prescription changes regularly, also the astigmatism wanders

They also double as safety glasses at work, and in the outside world, so 'style' glasses are pointless.
So many times doing nothing which would have warranted safety glasses I've had something ping off them, when if I didn't wear glasses I'd have lost an eye.
It does make me slack about wearing goggles and I've had some narrow squeaks there.
What exactly are you doing that stuff's pinging off of your eyes in an environment that doesn't specifically call for PPE?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Nothing particular, one event that springs to mind was doing some tidying up at the shooting club some moron decided to run a rotary mower into a heap of gravel.

In a bar I saw a girl doing shots, she managed to pour one in her eye, how the fuck do you do that?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

There is an eye patch in your future.

uziq
+492|3422
snapped the mmcx cable connector to my awsm () pair of earphones. with korean customs and supply chains, it will take me a month to get my beautiful audio back.

i really like exploring the city with my earbuds in. this is a considerable setback to my quality of life.
lil_droo
+19|1465
I got spit on by a random homeless person laying on the sidewalk today. Thankfully it only got on my hands and pants. Just another day in LA
gang shit
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

You should establish rapport with the homeless people of your town and build up a homebrew information network, or maybe a small army of orphaned pickpockets.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

lil_droo wrote:

I got spit on by a random homeless person laying on the sidewalk today. Thankfully it only got on my hands and pants. Just another day in LA
You should see a doctor about getting antiviral medication or antibiotics.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Last month my university sent me an email alerting me that they signed me up for a COVID online safety course I needed to complete by the first of this month. It was some stupid little virtual thing I had to do. It didn't take long but it was another hassle I didn't ask for.
https://64.media.tumblr.com/6aab97ea21fdb5a42e0ba8cc8b745224/302fb14c3b03ae95-c7/s500x750/2185d9cd3a32307b182a2aa1b37692be0ef564ac.gifv
Just got an email saying I need to complete another online training by Nov 1st. "Sexual Assault Prevention for Graduate Students".

Oh lord. I know the university is making us do these so that they have legal protection against lawsuits. But it is a shitty system that forces students and workers to do time consuming stuff in order to grant legal protection to schools and workplaces. I bet at the start of November I will have to do a course on not being racist.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Last month my university sent me an email alerting me that they signed me up for a COVID online safety course I needed to complete by the first of this month. It was some stupid little virtual thing I had to do. It didn't take long but it was another hassle I didn't ask for.
https://64.media.tumblr.com/6aab97ea21fdb5a42e0ba8cc8b745224/302fb14c3b03ae95-c7/s500x750/2185d9cd3a32307b182a2aa1b37692be0ef564ac.gifv
Just got an email saying I need to complete another online training by Nov 1st. "Sexual Assault Prevention for Graduate Students".

Oh lord. I know the university is making us do these so that they have legal protection against lawsuits. But it is a shitty system that forces students and workers to do time consuming stuff in order to grant legal protection to schools and workplaces. I bet at the start of November I will have to do a course on not being racist.
At least you don't have to deal with wacky online course certifications in the army, with some of those expiring a year later. Some of them are the dumbest things I have ever seen or a case of "Well no shit".
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

That you're posting here in more or less cohesive language suggests to me that you are probably more intelligent than the usual blockheads, Idiocracy-forebears, mac's special ed kids that end up in the army. Your "well no shit" is probably something others have to be reminded of daily.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I am surprised there are so few of them who want to join the military. Whenever we talk about the military I talk about how it is a good career and suggest they look into it.

Now you may say "Macbeth, don't you hate the troops? Why would you encourage people to join the military?" Well me encouraging these kids to join the military is itself the ultimate manifestation of my contempt for ThE TrOoPs
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

being a social rehab clinic for "special cases" is something the army pushed back against. there was a post about this while we were on mcnamara.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
That's why we lost the Vietnam War. All of our troops were special needs. It was the troops fault we lost from start to finish.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

i'd dignify that with a retort but i know you're just being cute.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

tl;dr deliveries fwp

botched delivery from best buy. delayed after release for like two weeks, then i get a text stating it was delivered on the 21st. indian-sounding dude on best buy's part said that sounded really weird, and basically overnighted a replacement, through ups this time. i got a text saying the item was delivered, 10 minutes before it was delivered. 30 minutes later, another package shows up with the second part of the replacement order.

i like that they're at least acting on some amazon level of flexibility, but man next time i'm just going to have the store hold onto it and pick it up on an errand. one reason i like in-store pickup and stuff like amazon locker: it's either delivered, or it's not. less ambiguity with what happened to your order, or hanging around to ward off potential porch pirates. maybe i'll try curbside for awhile.

obligatory perspective:

America Is Running Out of Everything
The global supply chain is slowing down at the very moment when Americans are demanding that it go into overdrive.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi … ge/620322/

"thanks, biden" /s
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Best Buy...what a throwback. There is a large Best Buy near me but last time I went there was literally a decade ago for Black Friday. Absolutely nothing of note.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

They were one of the earliest big boxes I remember to all but shut down their stores for the pandemic. If you wanted something, it was delivery or curbside pickup. I think it was revised later that you had to make an appointment to peruse the interior. A couple of boomer friends(?)/acquaintances scoffed at this, "I'd rather shove broken glass under my toenails" or something to that effect.

They're still a cool store for movie collectors. Steelbooks are a nice item, and sometimes they're worth a bit for resale later on. Occasional big appliance sale if you know what you want. Reasonable delivery.

Black Friday sales have been disappointing everywhere, for a long time.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I am moving into a fancy apartment soon and am going to buy a new TV. (Uzique bullied me into moving out)

People I know have bought TVs successfully through Amazon. Best Buy and Microcenter might be the only places I would feel comfortable buying a TV though.

Speaking of throwbacks...do you remember when Sears had electronics section where they had salespeople to try to sell you the latest television, DVD, etc. electronics in the year 2001ish. What a time to be alive. Would you like special financing for your Sony Plasma TV?
uziq
+492|3422
you will thank me when you have your own private lovenest in which to defile married women and developmentally challenged teaching assistants.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Yeah I guess that is kind of what I do. I would like to host a sex party once. Not a big one. Just 4 people having a good time. Extra points if I can wrangle some coworkers into it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

As to the Sears question I've been told stories about how they had a respectable hardware department with good steel and generous guarantees. My memories of Sears were when boomers and their gg parents started complaining about how it was going to shit. Most of my display TV gazing then was done elsewhere.

As to your new place, I suppose you could devote an entire room to creepy candlelit enterprises, but I would recommend against solving the lament configuration and summoning the cenobites.

This guy has probably gone missing.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Does the tranny workshop you own have a Snap On truck that comes by?

https://www.ldvusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/003_SFC2019_Franchise_LS7162-1920x1280.jpg
The car dealership I worked at a lifetime ago did. Snap On tools are a bit more expensive than other tools but have a lifetime warranty. You can exchange broken stuff at the truck no questions asked. They also provide financing for big purchases like tool boxes etc. Tool boxes...so expensive.

I bought a $499 500 piece craftsman tool set half a decade ago from Sears. Used special offers and sales to get it down to like $350. Absolutely no complaints from it. I only use it for home stuff. I assume a lot of complaints about the very real decline in Sears parts quality is due to people not understanding the market Sears is pitching to. If your livelihood depends on your tools, buy tools from a business like Snap On. Don't buy tools from the store that also has the Martha Stewart home collection down the aisle. You wouldn't buy a TV from Sears either.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Ordered a package from the US, tracking said it went through Puerto Rico, then British Virgin Islands, now its 'Inbound into US Customs'

Fuck my balls.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
October 9, 2021, 3:22 pm
Processed Through Facility
ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
September 23, 2021, 1:17 pm
Departed
BEEF ISLAND, VIRGIN ISLANDS BRITISH