unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Why are teachers like this?

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Those Australia flags are something. Australia keeps getting a lot of coverage in right wing media for being heavy-handed in regards to all of this.

I challenge you to go through my post to find one of me advocating anyone lose their job over a vaccine mandate. I did argue that schools needed to reopen fulltime without any virtual option. In retrospect, perhaps a virtual option should have been made available. The teachers who don't want a vaccine could instead stay virtual or attend a fully virtual building. We should probably also encourage home schooling.

Encouraging homeschooling, school choice, full virtual is seen as a threat to teacher's unions who have an obvious interest in making sure they have a lot of members and the members are compensated well. If only there could be a compromise in which teachers are better compensated in return for reforms that allow home schooling and other programs to be experimented with. But we live in a zero sum world?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
The CDC recommends a virtual Christmas. Good lord. Tone deaf. Vaccines are here.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The CDC recommends a virtual Christmas. Good lord. Tone deaf. Vaccines are here.
Spread the gift of not hosting an event that sends the unvaccinated parts of your family to the hospital.

I read a post on SoCiaL MeDiA about some chick who made the vaccine cards mandatory for her wedding. Her own mother isn't going to show up. I still approve, but man it's wild how we got to this point.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Anyone who wants to roll the dice on not getting vaxed can do so. Let employers and venues decide how they want to do whatever. We can't stay locked down forever.

The same amount of people died of COVID in 2021 as they did in 2020.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I'm for increasing pressure on everyone to get the vaccine because *checks notes* we can't stay locked down forever. "Let people roll the dice" is a very annoying way of looking at it, because they're rolling the dice for other people as well.

An alternative is to turn a state or two into a fenced off leper colony governed by evangelical warlords, and occasionally air drop aid packages containing essential oils and the latest fad cures for the virus.

Thoughts and prayers in place of hospital staff, all that jazz.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I don't think evangelicals are going to start a civil war like you said in another thread but did we learn nothing from 9/11? We should be more hesitant to give up fundamental freedoms in the War on COVID.

The failure to articulate an end game is making this seem more like the War on Terror as time goes on.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Did I specifically say they would?

re: "fundamental freedoms," uh, vaccine requirements are not a new thing. What about fundamental freedoms to drink and drive? Maybe a bad comparison. I said increase pressure, not outlaw.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Did I specifically say they would?

re: "fundamental freedoms," uh, vaccine requirements are not a new thing. What about fundamental freedoms to drink and drive? Maybe a bad comparison. I said increase pressure, not outlaw.
You said they wouldn't. I agreed with that.

I am pro-choice, okay with euthanasia as a concept, support drug legalization. I believe people have a right to bodily autonomy. Vaccine mandates are in spirit a violation of that right. Whether or not this pandemic has overridden that right is up for everyone to decide individually. Jobs, and schools should be able to decide what they want. Concerts, bars, etc. should be allowed to decide. I will still mask in stores, and want my booster.

The government desperately needs to come out with some benchmark goals to decide when we should shut down, when we should fully reopen, mask up or not, etc. As I said, we shouldn't give into the government declaring an open ended crisis. In a perfect world congress would have clearly defined these benchmarks by now.
uziq
+492|3422
had a moderna booster yesterday as it's pretty much a requirement of the korean vaccine passport system. soon won't be able to enter any bars/restaurants/cafés, etc, or travel without a korean-approved vaccine. they're dragging their heels so much on recognising foreign vaccines, even as they accept 1.6 million doses from my bloody country.

oh well. i am now super-stronk.

good to see in longitudinal studies that moderna has the greatest long-term efficacy and protection, too.

Last edited by uziq (2021-10-05 20:50:06)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Have you gotten your telekinetic powers yet?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

they were also the people forced to continue working retail, also the people working as nurses and low-paid frontline medical staff, also the people driving buses and trains and taxis to keep the city open.
Not forgetting being supplied with inadequate PPE - if they were supplied with anything at all.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Those Australia flags are something. Australia keeps getting a lot of coverage in right wing media for being heavy-handed in regards to all of this.
99% of the population is perfectly fine with what the govt has been doing, its only really the ultra-libertarian I-should-be-free-to-drive-a-dump-truck-while-high crowd who have any complaint.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

they were also the people forced to continue working retail, also the people working as nurses and low-paid frontline medical staff, also the people driving buses and trains and taxis to keep the city open.
Not forgetting being supplied with inadequate PPE - if they were supplied with anything at all.
is this ... you ... expressing sympathy ... for low-income minorities in housing projects?
uziq
+492|3422
https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n24 … WjcnBszQe9

interesting reading for sure. not a pretty picture with this daszak fellow.

The work of a task force commissioned by the Lancet into the origins of covid-19 has folded after concerns about the conflicts of interest of one its members and his ties through a non-profit organisation to the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

The decision came as evidence continued to accumulate that Daszak had not always been forthright about his research and his financial ties to the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Daszak now faces increased scrutiny from scientists, the media, and members of US Congress.

EcoHealth Alliance has been given millions of dollars in grants by the US federal government to research viruses for pandemic preparedness. The alliance has subcontracted out its research, including around $600 000 (£434 000; €504 000) to the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

In the weeks preceding Sachs’s decision to end the task force’s work, further information emerged questioning the veracity of several other statements made by Daszak. After suing the NIH to gain access to Daszak’s grants, the US media organisation the Intercept released details of several of Daszak’s NIH grants and grant applications, including one that seemed to involve gain-of-function research by creating chimeric SARS viruses. Both Daszak and the NIH’s Anthony Fauci have said that these experiments were not gain-of-function studies, which would have required the grant to have a risk mitigation.7

However, a week after the Intercept’s story a group of online investigators called DRASTIC (Decentralized Radical Autonomous Search Team Investigating Covid-19) published leaked documents that included a grant application that Daszak had submitted to the US Department of Defense in 2018. In that document Daszak proposed creating chimeric SARS viruses. The department declined to fund Daszak’s grant, adding that if it were funded in the future the chimeric research would require a risk mitigation plan for gain-of-function research.

In a statement to The BMJ US Right to Know said, “There still has to be robust, independent investigations into the origins of covid-19. It’s well past time for Congress and the World Health Organizations to do their jobs.”
i guess america are the evil villains all along?

Last edited by uziq (2021-10-05 21:53:57)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

is this ... you ... expressing sympathy ... for low-income minorities in housing projects?
I was thinking of the frontline medical staff.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

The work of a task force commissioned by the Lancet
Is that what happened? From what I read they appointed themselves then bombarded The Lancet - and the Lancet fell for it.
The decision came as evidence continued to accumulate that Daszak had not always been forthright
He set out to conceal it from the beginning, his emails prove it.

Somewhere there's an expose by a FOI warrior who dug it all up.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/inquir … f4ee406e50

Its Murdoch and Sharri Markson is an acolyte anyway there you go.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

I was thinking of the frontline medical staff.
who in NYC and its most afflicted boroughs were overwhelmingly POC.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
OK great.

I think the two linked articles are the same subject, Daszak is a nut.
Whatever he came up with the Chinese now have it.
uziq
+492|3422
i think it's less of a james bond plot and more an indictment of the way that certain types of science are conducted without due process and proper supervision. this isn't 'rogue agent daszak and evil chinese empire'. it's the american NIH – the main grant-awarding body in all of scientific research – and the department of defense. it's grant proposals written and massaged in such a way so that highly controversial research will get funding without proper auditing or risk management. this is how a lot of modern-day science is done. it's international, it's collaborative, and more than one superpower are interested in it.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
A lot of figuring out where COVID came from is deflection away from our poor response to it. China didn't force us to make all of the bad decisions we made.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
"Antivaxxers harassing toddlers walking to school"
https://v.redd.it/4y2qhxtqgvr71

That has to be some sort of illegal?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

i think it's less of a james bond plot and more an indictment of the way that certain types of science are conducted without due process and proper supervision. this isn't 'rogue agent daszak and evil chinese empire'. it's the american NIH – the main grant-awarding body in all of scientific research – and the department of defense. it's grant proposals written and massaged in such a way so that highly controversial research will get funding without proper auditing or risk management. this is how a lot of modern-day science is done. it's international, it's collaborative, and more than one superpower are interested in it.
I've read somewhere quotes from I think Daszak and others basically saying "lets get the money then we'll do whatever the fuck we want"

Contracting a Chinese lab to do bio-weapons research is fucking insanity, I would not be at all surprised to learn Daszak and Fauci are apocalypse nuts.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Here (NSW) our new right-wing libertarian god-squad nut is going full freedom and most lockdown restrictions are being removed.

Its seems our Premier - our state is also run by a 'judeo-christian' mafia - has the balls to keep the borders shut but he can't resist forever.

Most likely the _X family will go into our own mini-lockdown. None of us our working right now which is neat timing.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-10-06 18:09:14)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Once you get your vaccine and boosters, life mostly returns to normal.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard