Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Give me freedom or give me death - OK, death it is.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Facing a Justice Department lawsuit over Alabama’s notoriously violent prisons, state lawmakers on Monday began a special session on a $1.3 billion construction plan that would use federal pandemic relief funds to pay part of the cost of building massive new lockups.

Gov. Kay Ivey has touted the plan to build three new prisons and renovate others as a partial solution to the state’s longstanding troubles in its prison system. The proposal would tap up to $400 million from the state’s share of American Rescue Plan funds to help pay for the construction.
https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus- … 8a9604fda9
This is an excellent idea. More prisoners = less workers.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Do you still face mask in stores?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Yes, I think we don't have to. Even if we don't I will for a while.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

If the pandemic disappeared overnight I'd probably still wear masks in stores approaching the flu season. That's one reason I'd hoped they'd catch on, but you got this whole demographic of Americans struggling against them like a toddler in a car seat because masks are liberal or whatever.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I face mask virtually everywhere, even outdoors. If I'm on a trail I still have one around my wrist in case I come across other hikers.

The only time I don't actively wear one is if I'm at a restaurant eating. Even then, I'll put the mask on if I have to get up and go to the bathroom.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I remember recommendations against fiddling with your mask too often. Touching your face excessively, constantly pocketing and reusing, smearing possible contaminants and contagions everywhere, etc.

Restaurants are probably a little problematic in this regard. If only more people would just get vaccinated.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I've been spending the last few years focusing on minimizing waste, but I use disposable masks and swap them out, sometimes multiple times a day as needed. I keep a box in the trunk and another in my backpack.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I've been spending the last few years focusing on minimizing waste, but I use disposable masks and swap them out, sometimes multiple times a day as needed. I keep a box in the trunk and another in my backpack.
Remember that turtle video that got straws banned? Wait until we find a clam stuck in a face mask.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

The clam deaths will be offset by my use of reusable grocery and produce bags
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Stores for awhile didn't want you to bring reusable bags because of 'rona contamination.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I know, it was annoying. I have a bunch of plastic bags in my pantry now. I use some for when I have to take clothes to the dry cleaners and I keep my cleats for softball in another. At this rate it will take me about 5 years to run through all the plastic bags I have.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

A few grocery stores in my area have a recycle dropoff for plastic bags. Mostly I just use them for garbage bags.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
I kept hearing people say they took their masks off when the guidance came up that vaccinated people could. I kept wearing one in public even after I was vaccinated 1) for the extra protection anyway and 2) to not look like an antimask pigman.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I shopped for groceries at a richer area awhile back. I think I noticed more people without masks than the usual budget grocery store. I think perhaps yuppies are just as much responsible for this sort of thing as stereotypical Trump poor. Maybe if I shopped up more I could finally witness a public freakout about masks.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I shopped for groceries at a richer area awhile back. I think I noticed more people without masks than the usual budget grocery store. I think perhaps yuppies are just as much responsible for this sort of thing as stereotypical Trump poor. Maybe if I shopped up more I could finally witness a public freakout about masks.
According to statistics, higher income people vote R. Lower income people vote Democrat. This has stayed true through Trump.

There are plenty of low income minorities who "DoNt GiVe A fUcK" (rat people) and will not do the right thing for 5 minutes. The mainstream media is hesitant to that point that out though. Mixed feelings there. It annoys me to no end when I see young black people not taking precautions. The first big COVID wave that hit NYC was in the minority neighborhoods. Low income housing etc. It's like "didn't you see all of you people dying on T.V. awhile back? Do you know how even more fucked you are if you get sick?"
uziq
+492|3422
they were also the people forced to continue working retail, also the people working as nurses and low-paid frontline medical staff, also the people driving buses and trains and taxis to keep the city open.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

uziq wrote:

they were also the people forced to continue working retail, also the people working as nurses and low-paid frontline medical staff, also the people driving buses and trains and taxis to keep the city open.
I am not critical of whatever that community did in March 2020. Nobody deserves to have their tenement building become a COVID hive. But people in 2021 still going around pretending nothing bad can happen to them right after we watched something bad happen to their community on international television....grating to say the least.

"All of America is your community"
Okay but not really, right. A closet case pretending to be a cowboy while rolling coal in Texas...hardly my community.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Actually got a covid test two days ago. Came back negative but at this point I was so far into it that was likely. Now to find a personal doctor.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
They developed a COVID treatment pill. Cuts death by 50%.  The mono whatever treatment has like a 80ish rate but that is an intensive and expensive treatment. This could be mass produced and self administered.

Huge breakthrough. Some people get are unbelievably unlucky and eventually everyone gets unlucky and taken out by something. But between this, vaccines, and mono thing we should be out of this by now.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

It would be something if a rumor were to start that a pill had democratic nanomachines designed by AOC and Hillary Clinton to kill white people.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
It would be even more interesting if it was true.
lil_droo
+19|1465

SuperJail Warden wrote:

They developed a COVID treatment pill. Cuts death by 50%.  The mono whatever treatment has like a 80ish rate but that is an intensive and expensive treatment. This could be mass produced and self administered.

Huge breakthrough. Some people get are unbelievably unlucky and eventually everyone gets unlucky and taken out by something. But between this, vaccines, and mono thing we should be out of this by now.
We should have been out of this over a year ago lol

I was never even offered the monoclonal shit when I got covid and didn't even know about it. Would have been nice to get it
gang shit
BVC
+325|6665
Our government has pretty much abandoned the elimination strategy.

Now, thousands of NZers are going to die because of the anti crowd couldn't be bothered sitting on their couch for a month, rolling up their sleeve or wearing a mask.

"Lockdowns don't work therefor I'm not going to respect them"...*spreads covid*..."see, it didn't work"

</rant>

Most of my social circled is jabbed or on the way to being.  I know a handful of anti types but thankfully my only interactions with them are electronic these days.  A few more vax hesitant, those I don't mind, they at least will listen.

A lot are just hesitant about the Pfizer jab, which is the only one currently available here.  The top three concerns are fertility, DNA and it just feels rushed.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

The vax hesitant feel more frustrating to me. Like they know they're wrong but they've been hit with so much misinformation and scaremongering that their brain locked up.

At least you know that bothering with the straight up antivaxxers will get you nowhere, so you don't have to try. Not that that isn't frustrating.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard