SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

for mac: https://imgur.com/gallery/dAD4w9u

"I do not wear a mask because I do not believe I need one" degenerative adult temper tantrum.

One of the comments put it best: "braying oaf."
When you print your tickets they make you agree to wear a mask. People should know by now you need to wear a mask at the airport. I remember when I was leaving Newark they needed to tell a young white lady to put on her mask as she was going through screening. She looked pissed even before the mask reminder and was rude. But you don't know what someone is going through so maybe she was having a rough time.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Guy sounds drunk. Probably had too much freedom before he got to the airport. Happens to the worst of us from time to time.
BVC
+325|6666

uziq wrote:

being vaccinated and re-opening is the only way out of this pandemic.

remaining locked down with 'zero community transmission' is not feasible. it's impossible.

if you had any idea how public health policy works, you'd understand this.

https://www.economist.com/asia/2021/08/ … d-strategy

This is not a sustainable way to live in this country,” declared Scott Morrison, Australia’s prime minister, on August 23rd. He was defending a dramatic shift in covid-19 strategy. Since the start of the pandemic Australia has used an approach dubbed “covid zero”, stamping on outbreaks down to the last case, whatever it takes. From now on, cases will be allowed to rise as long as hospitals can cope with them. The plan is to drop most restrictions once 80% of adults are vaccinated, which looks achievable by the end of the year.
seems your political leaders get it.
I don't dispute that vaccination is a good thing but no one is suggesting countries "remain locked down".  It doesn't work like that, you lock down until the virus has been beaten then you open up again with restricted borders.  Admitting defeat is not a strategy.

We have a delta outbreak here where case numbers are on the downward trend due to effective lockdowns and general adherence.  There are about 750 cases in total, with 20 new today.  To put this in perspective, NSW's latest figure is 1431 new cases for a single day.

I understand several Aussie states are doing even better than us, like QLD for example - they have about 1/3 the cases and deaths.

Fact is, the likes of Scomo and Gladys attacking lockdowns are a strawman - they are attacking a weaker opponent in order to appear strong.  Their weaker opponent in this case is a form of lockdown which is, quite frankly, shit and ineffective.  But because they can call it a "lockdown" they can gain, in some people's eyes, an air of legitimacy.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Those two have their eyes on the election, and NSW's lockdown - you can spend as much time as you like in public without a mask and most people can go to work - was never a lockdown.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
At what point am I no longer angry this pandemic exists? We have a vaccine. They are working to make booster shots stronger. Anybody with an IQ above 12 takes it. Everyone else dies or comes close to it.... We have moved to into a state of the virus killing only people that are the worst people of this country. Yes, plenty of 'good' people are dying that don't deserve to, but it now seems to be the worst of the worst that are.

Am I an awful person? Yeah, yeah I totally am. But at what point are we no longer sorry the people that are dying are dying? You had your chance and you chose to put your life in the hands of anecdotal evidence posted on facebook from midwestern obese moms of 13 children instead of doctors with umpteen years of schooling.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I'm sure the juiciest stories to spam are the anti-vaxxers and conservative mask-freedom personalities dying of it. I think where I sit is that I'm disappointed in their decisions, and not surprised when I hear a story about one of them finally getting killed by the virus. Very annoyed at the movement as a whole. From the disingenuous astroturfing and organized misinformation campaigns, to transforming the virus and countermeasures red vs. blue, to the education system that churned out people so easily susceptible to this stuff. And also the supposedly functional adults who swear up and down that they "did their research" online (they didn't), that larssen always says he's tired of feeling sorry for and washed his hands of whenever I mention the former problems.

If your care cup is currently empty for these people and you want to feel bad for something, feel bad for the impact to the economy and socialization, workload on hospitals. Surviving friends and family of a person who was all like "I'm not putting that shit in my arm."
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Oh I feel bad for all these people. I feel bad for the people convinced by someone the vaccine is going to do more harm than good. I feel bad for the hospital and medical workers working thousands of hours of OT, sometimes unpaid, trying to help. I feel bad for the restaurants and bars that can't have full capacity because we keep going in and out of stages of a lockdown. I feel bad for the students and people under the age of 20(ish) who really need social interaction in their young lives and aren't getting it save for online crap. I feel bad for everyone involved.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Y'alliban, invigorated by the Taliban victory in Afghanistan, at it against Washington's schools:

3 Vancouver schools placed on lockdown after Proud Boys try to enter during masks protest
https://www.opb.org/article/2021/09/03/ … ers-entry/
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The bigger picture is just how stupid the Republican party needs people to be:

Stupid enough to vote for them

Not quite stupid enough to die of something stupid, like injecting themselves with aquarium cleaner or horse wormer to protect against covid, before voting

The margin is a very narrow one and I imagine the finest minds have been hired to ensure its maintained
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Cops Charge Zip-Tie Guys Who Ambushed School Principal Over COVID Rules
https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/crime/co … li=AAFtnGm

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AAOcd1I.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=546&y=93

All three members of an Arizona trio who barged into an elementary school principal’s office with zip ties and threatened to place her under citizens’ arrest for following public health guidelines have instead been arrested themselves, the Tucson Police Department confirmed.
"Misdemeanor trespass" lmao. Kid gloves.

That center pic, living the meme.
uziq
+492|3422
imagine thinking you can zip tie a public official because of your feelings.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

They look like they have Strong Opinions, and I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them spent sloshed evenings muttering darkly about a second civil war or something.

What and who exactly were they going to arrest the principal for? Do they know how citizen's arrests work?

Pro-tip to middle aged white guys: stop taking stern, sunglasses-in-your-car selfies. You are a meme.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Walker co-owns a coffee shop in Tucson that describes itself as “Tucson’s hub of Freedom and delicious coffee.” The shop recently hosted a meet-and-greet with far-right author and convicted felon Dinesh D’Souza, and will next month be welcoming Matthew Lohmeier, a former Space Force lieutenant colonel who was relieved of his post in May over his warnings of a “neo-Marxist agenda” within the military “designed to patiently and methodically overthrow the US government and replace it with a communist dictatorship.”
stable genius
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I wonder if Jay managed to convince his neighbour to set up a subversive militia
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Why won't jews behave themselves in a pandemic?

Police have fined a number of people in Melbourne's inner south-east and are investigating an alleged assault at a religious gathering that violated public health orders.

Six adults have already been fined and police have called for people who were at the gathering to come forward and identify themselves.

Police say some community members distracted them while others climbed over neighbouring roofs to evade officers.

Video filmed last night shows a mass of people gathered behind a synagogue in Ripponlea.

It is believed the people were attending a celebration to mark Rosh Hashanah.

Police moved in to break up the event, leading to confrontations and heated discussions outside the venue.

A news cameraman was also allegedly assaulted while filming the gathering.

He was treated in hospital for suspected concussion and police are investigating the alleged assault.

Police Assistant Commissioner Russell Barrett said he was "appalled" by some of the behaviour.

He said it was believed about 20 or 30 people took part, and he was "very comfortable" with the decision by police to wait outside the synagogue.

"We went through a process of peaceful negotiation. We didn't force entry to the premises," he said.

He said as police were engaging with worshippers leaving the synagogue in the evening another group of community members "came towards the area, distracting police from their role and causing us to have to move away from the door".

"At that point in time, we now understand, members from within the facility have exited, some over neighbouring roofs, to escape police attention," he said.

He said the people that remained had been fined.

"My investigators will not just look at those people who were present in the venue, but will look at what breaches of Chief Health Officer's directions were caused or might have been committed by those people that attended later in the night," he said.

Assistant Commissioner Barrett said he expected more fines would be issued today and tomorrow.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-07/ … /100441768

Seems to be all over the world, its as if they think they're better than the rest of us.
uziq
+492|3422
riiiiight.

https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle-sp … f83e910ae9

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Star Australian jockey Jamie Kah and three other riders have banned from racing for three months after breaching Victoria state’s tough COVID-19 restrictions by gathering at a rented apartment during lockdown.

Kah, Ben Melham, Ethan Brown and apprentice jockey Celine Gaudray were fined 5,452 Australian dollars ($3,952) and on Friday had their racing licenses suspended until Nov. 26.
it's almost like, as a scientist, you should understand the concept of biases in evidence gathering and research.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Within every demographic there was a subset of people who are viciously anti-lock down. Of course some of that is justified. Some people lost everything when their business couldn't adapt. The major thing linking every anti-mask group is oftentimes education. Lower education people take the pandemic less seriously.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Australia has a long an proud tradition of angry idiots getting drunk and throwing things, its what makes the country great.

You'd think that hasidic jews, bearing in mind they devote their time in equal parts to study and claiming dole, would be educated enough not to hold gatherings in a pandemic or attack the police and press.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Another one.

A Florida councilman who denied the pandemic was real has been hospitalized with COVID-19
https://news.yahoo.com/florida-councilm … 49485.html

mbison-tuesday.gif

I love this part:

He also questioned the results of the 2020 presidential election, denied that climate change was man-made, and repeated the belief espoused by QAnon that a cabal of Democrats run a child abuse rings, per the News-Journal.

"This is supposed to be rampant I hear in Hollywood and among the elite. I don't know if it's true, but where there's smoke...," he said, the News-Journal reported.
Huge virus in our face for two going on two years: "naw, it doesn't exist."
Tacky conspiracy theories: "where there's smoke..."
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Another one.

‘COVID ... is a murderer.’ Ill Eastern Kentucky school worker felt better, then died
https://news.yahoo.com/covid-murderer-i … 16461.html

Valarie Honeycutt Spears
Wed, September 8, 2021, 4:39 AM·2 min read
Landon Fletcher, a district maintenance employee for Magoffin County Schools for more than 21 years, “hardly ever missed work, never got sick,” his son Scotty said.

Then, about two weeks ago, Landon Fletcher tested positive for COVID-19. He called his son, who was quarantining with his family, from the hospital and said he was feeling better and would probably be out in a few days.

But the next day they didn’t hear anything.

Hospital staff said Landon Fletcher became delusional, pulled his oxygen and IV out and was put on a ventilator. He died Thursday. At least one other Kentucky school employee has died and several are currently critically ill with COVID.

Kentucky’s General Assembly is meeting in special session with Democratic Gov. Andy Beshear seeking safety measures and other relief for Kentucky schools amid escalating cases. The Republican-led legislature is pushing back on a statewide mask mandate and wants to limit school shutdowns.

“I just still can’t believe it’s real,” Scotty Fletcher said of his father’s death. “ I wish it was a dream but I’ll tell you this. If you asked me what COVID was, I’d say it is a murderer. It killed my dad and I’m so heartbroken over it.”

Scotty Fletcher said his father did not get vaccinated.
Mac shouldn't feel bad about posting his work-covid fears. It's bizarre to me that kids were going back before being approved for the covid vaccines. If I've read it right, the FDA has moved the goal post on clinical trials, and the vaccines will not be approved before the end of the year. Sending kids back anyway regardless of all this is definitely some political chest-thumping.

e:
bonus interesting thing:

Florida doctor says unvaccinated patients not welcome for in-person treatment
https://news.yahoo.com/florida-doctor-s … 00982.html

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a bill banning the use of vaccine "passports." Now, state businesses and institutions, such as schools and government agencies, could face fines of $5,000 if they demand proof of vaccination from customers in exchange for service.

It is unclear whether the legislation covers medical offices requesting vaccination records.
Anyway, let's talk some more about how some of the Jews are exceptional in countermeasures grumbling or whatever.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2021-09-08 07:46:05)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
The current COVID wave finally had its first setback. 2 week average is down 3% to 149,000. The amount of people hospitalized is still over 100,000 but only 3% growth. 30% growth in daily deaths to 1,500 a day as it seems the hospitalized as dying off now. This small decrease might be temporary.

Newbie wrote:

It's bizarre to me that kids were going back before being approved for the covid vaccines. If I've read it right, the FDA has moved the goal post on clinical trials, and the vaccines will not be approved before the end of the year. Sending kids back anyway regardless of all this is definitely some political chest-thumping.
Hospitalization for kids is at an all time high. It will probably get higher as we reopen schools. Little kids and babies seem to be the ones getting most ill. Children are still very unlikely to die though that might be in large part due to the wonders of modern medicine.

The reopening of schools is definitely political. As I said before, blue states governors are fearful of pissing off swing voters by putting people into lockdown forever. You really can't ask someone in California to stay in lockdown while they watch people in Florida have a good time.

https://c.tenor.com/DgjjvNKixyEAAAAd/les-mis-les-miserable.gif

Republicans did a good job trapping democrats governors into reopening. Gavin N. in California can't do a lockdown with the recall election. New governor of NY is afraid of destroying her already shaky new administration. The governor of NJ is up for reelection and is behind in the polls.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Keeping schools closed until children are cleared for the vaccine isn't quite the same thing as a forever lockdown. But people still seem to be laboring under this notion that it's "less dangerous" for children. When in fact that because the delta variant is so transmissible, more children are becoming infected, and more are becoming very sick. And that in reality, they've been susceptible to the virus from the very beginning. Not to mention the educators and other staff who have to be around this. You guys don't even get the hospital hazmat kit.

As to your deleted point, which I think is an important one, the fix for mask-muffling of voices is to speak the fuck up. It's a piece of cloth/paper, not a ball gag. You shouldn't have to get in someone's face to hear what they're saying. Some of the girls in my high school were the noisiest human beings I've ever heard. Masks wouldn't stand a chance. Your school could pick out some of these girls to run a few training sessions on how to rattle skulls with vocal chords.

One of my more fence-y conservative friends (who doesn't have any school-age children) was very positive about reopening. "They're keeping social distancing y'know, and masking up!" Sure, that's only two steps, but we need more people vaccinated. I don't particularly care to make it look like I'm ready to initiate more of these conversations, so I'll wait to see if he wants to offer his opinion on the dramatic backfire. Maybe he'll acknowledge that in hindsight (interjection - even though this was a predictable outcome) it was a poor idea to reopen. Or maybe he'll blame it solely on politicians (partly valid, not the whole picture).

-

Covid anecdote from author Lauren Hough:

https://i.imgur.com/wybaY1b.png
https://twitter.com/laurenthehough/stat … 64257?s=20

Some other funny stuff posted too. Anyway, have any parents recently told you there's "some virus" going around.

The anecdote strikes home, in a way. People who aren't specifically antivax, just anti-covid-vax. Really familiar stuff.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

lol…

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I was going to post that. That lady directly behind him is probably having a bad time right now.

Edit, ya Twitter found her.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2021-09-09 17:06:14)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I was going to post that. That lady directly behind him is probably having a bad time right now.
I'm not really one to smug over someone being dogpiled on the internet but ffs, do people really gotta heckle a kid? Is this supposed to be a grown-up meeting or what?

From tiktok (found on imgur):

nurse says farewell to anti-vax martyr nurse
https://www.tiktok.com/@nurse_toughlove … 1181668614

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard