doxed
+21|6680
I can run BF2 with everything on high without issue for the most part. after 1.3 i've noticed that randomly i will lag for no apparent reason. my FPS would drop below 20 intermitedly and jump back up to 45+. what it seems to be is that when more than 3 people are connecting to the server my FPS drops. as soon as they're not loading and actually in-game my FPS returns to normal. i have no idea how other clients connecting to the server would hurt me in any way but i've joined several servers and anytime more than 3 join i start to lag. i was wondering if anyone has experienced something similar? if not, i'm just going to throw my PC out the window.
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6594
I wouldnt suggest throwing your pc out the window...it sounds decent if its able to play BF2 on high settings. I was wondering thoughhow much ram you have? That could be one reason...post up some specs so i can check it out!

GL Andy
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6809|EUR
You could just be experiencing stutter, because lag is ping not FPS
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6594

MuseSeeker wrote:

You could just be experiencing stutter, because lag is ping not FPS
ever here of GFX lag?

GL Andy
RobinHood
+21|6577|DUBLIN, IRELAND
Well same goes for me since 1.3 or it could be i just got another 512mb of ram shoved in my pc so i dunno
doxed
+21|6680
i've only got 1GB now, but i've played no problem up until this point. i did however pick up another two sticks of ram to bring me to 2GB. they should be here by the end of this week. i deleted the BF2 cache and it seems to have helped a little but if the server is full i'm fine but when people start joining i lag/stutter.

i use lag interchangeably with stutter, it's less characters to type.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard