Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
The whole Afghan things is a shambles and a disaster of moral leadership.

Just think where we'd be if all the focus on Iraq had been expended in Afghanistan, Bin Laden would have been caught in the first weeks and the Taliban could have been kept out.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3423
i doubt it somehow. it's clear OBL and senior AQ leadership had plenty of support from pakistan and their intelligence services.

america's own diplomatic relations with pakistan on the 'war on terror', and all the bad faith, lies, obfuscations and mutual cynicism that entailed, were the main problems with just finding and bringing OBL to justice.

evidently pakistan have never stopped supporting the taliban, even whilst professing to be US allies. the senior taliban leadership spent the entire war working on their long-term strategy and political aims with pakistani support.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Well thats how you engineer a forever war - simultaneously attack and support the enemy.

Within 10 years we'll have another 9/11 out of Afghanistan.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Director of the CIA met with the leader of the Taliban in Kabul. They discussed the evacuation deadline and other things regarding the airport. Taliban seems to be serious about the 31st deadline.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
Didn't you one time bitch at me for posting a Russia Today video? I even recall acknowledging that RT is not the best thing to post.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Ya uzique, stop posting Russian propaganda masquerading as an anti-war speech given in front of British Parliament.
uziq
+492|3423

War Man wrote:

Didn't you one time bitch at me for posting a Russia Today video? I even recall acknowledging that RT is not the best thing to post.
you do know that the UK parliament is televised/recorded almost constantly? you can watch it literally anywhere, anytime.

RT cropped the video and it was the first search result.

do you really think it's 'propaganda' or a bad source? it's literally a DIRECT RECORDING OF THE UK PARLIAMENT.

how can you be so thick? yes, RT has a bias, like all media outlets. but you don't have to be an evil shadowy russian organization to be anti-the iraq war. tony benn was one of the legendary giants of the houses of parliament, one of the most respected politicians from any party.

here, i found some more.

maybe engage with the content now instead of engaging in asinine 'media critique'? you right-wing loons really miss the point when you keep going on about 'MSM' or 'russian media'. there is a time and a place for highlighting media bias, but a 3-minute clip taken straight from parliament is not it.

listen to the man's speech. imagine an american politician talking this frankly about the business of war in congress. you conservatives wouldn't even hear it, even if one did. you'd stop your ears with wax, lash yourself to the foremast, and go on and on about 'the meeeedjuh ...'

Last edited by uziq (2021-08-24 18:49:37)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

Uzique wrote:

listen to the man's speech. imagine an american politician talking this frankly about the business of war in congress. you conservatives wouldn't even hear it, even if one did. you'd stop your ears with wax, lash yourself to the foremast, and go on and on about 'the meeeedjuh ...'
The British have a long enough string of loses that you guys can at least rationally discuss your conflicts. America still hasn't come to terms with losing Vietnam. "We killed 10 times the amount of Vietnamese blah blah"
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

The punchlines of those interviews came as no surprise.

If the Taliban can't be a "government" past a bunch of guys beating people up who try to leave the country, it might be hard for them to get the organization and stability to fully enforce their emigration ban and stop the brain drain. Bunch of terrorists in charge, instability inevitable.

I guess Pakistan wants the Taliban's help in suppressing Taliban-style militants in Pakistan? So, have fun with that.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
What's that quote, "Taking over a country is easy, it's staying and building a government that's the hard part"? Something like that?
uziq
+492|3423
has worked for many empires throughout history, often times for 100s of years.

america has been singularly Bad at empire-building. this is well-documented.

america spends more on its military might than any nation in the history of humanity, but it has consistently failed to extend its reach and influence.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Suicide bombing at the entrance to the airport. Americans among the injured. This was hours after the U.K. issued a security warning to avoid the airport.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
12 U.S. soldiers died in the bombing. That is awful.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

So I guess women are advised to stay at home until Taliban leadership can "train" its men how to deal with women in a civilized manner. Comedy and tragedy.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

So I guess women are advised to stay at home until Taliban leadership can "train" its men how to deal with women in a civilized manner
Fixed
War Man
20 years of fucking war, for nothing.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Was a good time to be selling military equipment, I guess.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Great time to be Israel, every enemy except Iran sent back to the stone age.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

War Man wrote:

20 years of fucking war, for nothing.
Wouldn't be war man without a little war, man
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Change his user name to Peace Man.
War Man

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Change his user name to Peace Man.
I see no need when I am in the army.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
In all seriousness, would you like to go to Afghanistan for round 2 with the Taliban/ISIS if someone put a button in front of you to make it happen?
War Man

SuperJail Warden wrote:

In all seriousness, would you like to go to Afghanistan for round 2 with the Taliban/ISIS if someone put a button in front of you to make it happen?
To be honest anywhere in the Middle East sounds horrible. I may be pissed that the fighting there was all for nothing, but at the same time relieved at the possibility of the next war NOT being there.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Geography is not your strong suit I guess

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard