unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

It's pretty bad, with a lot of lasting horrible effects. Perhaps the quicker we can get it under control, the less opportunities it'll have to mutate into something worse.

Imagine surviving covid but having covid ED because your country was waffling on vaccine ethics or whatever for so long.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
I think the vaccines are safe and I got mine in March. I do think that there is more risk to this whole thing than "Vax or Ban" people realize. AntiVax support would explode if our current COVID vaccines had a lot of side effects or illnesses tied to it.

That said, our country has totally given up on lockdowns as a tool. The people extremely against lockdowns and doing anything COVID related need to meet halfway with vaccines and/or masking until we are through this. I would take another year of WFH if I could but I know we really can't do any off and on lockdowns.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3451
the republican party has now essentially positioned itself as the anti-science party. they are so keen to try and move on from the capitol riot debacle and to perform well in the mid-terms that they need to position themselves as oppositional to, or critical of, the entire democratic programme. which means that the covid response has now been thoroughly politicised.

some of the statements made by republican politicians and state-level leaders are completely barmy. i'm thinking specifically of desantis in florida. it's culpably dangerous. whereas before the simple act of wearing a mask was made into a bipartisan/id-pol thing, now the entire scientific consensus is being thrown into the political mortar and pestle. getting a vaccine will soon be seen as a 'libcuck' act.

good fucking luck.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

uziq wrote:

the republican party has now essentially positioned itself as the anti-science party. they are so keen to try and move on from the capitol riot debacle and to perform well in the mid-terms that they need to position themselves as oppositional to, or critical of, the entire democratic programme. which means that the covid response has now been thoroughly politicised.

some of the statements made by republican politicians and state-level leaders are completely barmy. i'm thinking specifically of desantis in florida. it's culpably dangerous. whereas before the simple act of wearing a mask was made into a bipartisan/id-pol thing, now the entire scientific consensus is being thrown into the political mortar and pestle. getting a vaccine will soon be seen as a 'libcuck' act.

good fucking luck.
This is all the liberal's fault for not letting Trump do what he wanted to do as president. If liberals would have just let him be himself and not complain then he maybe would have tried harder to combat COVID. Instead liberals were whiny all the time and Trump didn't want to do more because why should he have to put up with jealous losers complaining about him all the time?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Exhaustingly old news. Those "real Republicans" are the parasites still alive in the beaten, dead horse. But we have to keep at it because they want to rise again in 2022, '24, or as early as whenever Trump says he's going to coup 2.0 this year. I hope more Republicans get the courage and support to be outspoken against the (large) bad element of their party, even if they are/were a part of it.

Mitt Romney and Liz Cheney being the occasional voice of reason for Republicans feels surreal.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
I had my second dose of vaccine and now the central locking on my car doesn't work.

Coincidence? I DON'T THINK SO
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Looks like you got the EMP vaccine variant.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Indian car thieves were tinkering with it while he was in getting his shot.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Indian engineers accidently broke the car lock while trying to rig the tracking device to his car.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

His cab driver must have told his car thief buddies what he was driving. They were planning this all along.
uziq
+492|3451

Dilbert_X wrote:

I had my second dose of vaccine and now the central locking on my car doesn't work.

Coincidence? I DON'T THINK SO
too bad. turns out you’re a cuck.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

His cab driver must have told his car thief buddies what he was driving. They were planning this all along.
I am pretty sure they are all agents of the Home Office and that fired magistrate.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Either bluetooth signals from the vaccine microchips are interfering with my car

or

The battery in my key is flat again. I'll have to tell the stores guy to check the stock

A while back we made IED jammers for Afghanistan, one got switched on by accident and people couldn't open their cars.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
From what I understand EMP devices are very illegal though simple and cheap to make. Funny you can buy an AK with a 100 round drum magazine and body armor in this country but the FBI will shoot your dog for trying to block cell phone waves from getting into your home.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Not really EMP, just a jammer.

You can block cell phone waves with a faraday cage - I know someone who keeps his laptop in one.

The issue is jammers block everyone elses signals.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

Dilbert_X wrote:

Not really EMP, just a jammer.

You can block cell phone waves with a faraday cage - I know someone who keeps his laptop in one.

The issue is jammers block everyone elses signals.
That's pretty cool. He just needs an AKM now.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Anti-vaxxer talk radio guy in Florida died of covid recently. Probably beamed to him by Jewish space lasers.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6684|United States of America
My work announced COVID vaccination would be mandatory by November except for rare exemptions in which case they'll need daily testing. They announced it on a Teams call that was supposed to be like a town hall Q&A, but just was set up like a normal one with chat so you could identify all the dumbasses asking stupid questions. It was hilarious as a coworker and I were live-chatting reactions. Get rekt, antivaxxers.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

DesertFox- wrote:

My work announced COVID vaccination would be mandatory by November except for rare exemptions in which case they'll need daily testing. They announced it on a Teams call that was supposed to be like a town hall Q&A, but just was set up like a normal one with chat so you could identify all the dumbasses asking stupid questions. It was hilarious as a coworker and I were live-chatting reactions. Get rekt, antivaxxers.
Tell your coworkers who don't want the vax to quit their jobs and move to Tennessee.
https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout … _deep_end/
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6290|Washington St.
Ah yes the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. My two favorite, completely separate, books.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

DesertFox- wrote:

My work announced COVID vaccination would be mandatory by November except for rare exemptions in which case they'll need daily testing.
Make sure the test is the Chinese one where they stick the probe up your ass.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
A year and a half into the pandemic, Texas is running out of hospital beds.

The Texas Tribune reported on Tuesday that nearly 10,000 COVID-19 patients have been hospitalized, and that the state's intensive-care units are being overwhelmed. Texas Governor Greg Abbott issued an executive order asking hospitals to delay elective procedures and authorizing local facilities to seek out-of-state medical staff to help with the coronavirus surge, which is approaching levels not seen since winter. Despite the desperate situation, Texas’s case rate is not even the worst in the nation—Louisiana and Florida have more cases per capita.
Article about how Texas and Florida went YOLO. I don't want to mock them for their misfortune. I expect the norther states to have big outbreaks in the winter.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

I've seen a chart where least new infections since Jun 1 tended towards blue states, and most tended towards red states. A lot can change, but if that trend continues hopefully the northern states can avoid the worst of it.

I wonder what other regretful Republican statements we can expect out of some of these governors. If DeSantis becomes too introspective, he can kiss vice presidency goodbye for when Trump conquers the White House before 2022.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I've seen a chart where least new infections since Jun 1 tended towards blue states, and most tended towards red states. A lot can change, but if that trend continues hopefully the northern states can avoid the worst of it.

I wonder what other regretful Republican statements we can expect out of some of these governors. If DeSantis becomes too introspective, he can kiss vice presidency goodbye for when Trump conquers the White House before 2022.
When the northeast freezes up in the winter and everyone is forced into buses and subways, there is going to be an explosion of cases among our unvaccinated dummy urban poor. Hmm, maybe I should think up a nickname for them now.

I saw an article about how Ron D. backtracked on taking away the salary's of superintendents who enforced mask mandates in schools. He didn't have the power to do it which you think would be the end of the story but they floated an alternative plan to take the equivalent of a superintendent's salary out of the school's budget to collectively punish the district. When people looked sideways at that idea the Ron D. admin quietly shelved the whole thing.

The interesting thing about the aforementioned episode is this is the first time I can recall him backing down. Not sure what lesson to take away from this though. Maybe he is smart enough to know when to cut his losses or maybe he is going to blunder himself deeper into this culture war stuff until everyone from both sides hate him. Dude, might not even win reelection.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Maybe masks can be presented as a part of the effort to "stamp out the flu." Covid is too politicized, maybe.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard