YES, please God63%63% - 45
NO, he's the president, you STFU!36%36% - 26
Total: 71
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6653|Westminster, California
Did somebody say dipshit?
https://img315.imageshack.us/img315/558/gore1sj.jpg
"But Mr Gore, fresh from an appearance at the Cannes film festival, delivered a starker message that the world was now facing a "danger which could bring the end of civilisation."

Mr. Gore, you are a moron.  Why are you wasting time getting people upset about a self correcting problem;
please at least read this article before you flame me or karma me

http://www.csu.edu.au/faculty/health/ae … ter_11.htm

When I was a boy all the scientist were screaming that the onset of a global ice age was imminent. Now it's global warming. Of all the lame brained hot air filled rubbish to come out of supposedly intelligent people this one has to take the cake. Has nobody ever heard of  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_A_Summer    ? 
     In short, whatever global warming is doing to our planet could be offset RIGHT NOW by a volcanic eruption.
     Despite what you may have heard not all scientist agree that global warming is a problem, let alone a man made problem. And the reason I am calling Al Gore a moron is because he like so many other envirocrusaders never even allows for periodic volcano's which can blot the sun out and bring on an ice age. The Kyoto treaty was never meant to be taken seriously and was nothing more than a "gotcha" by the then outgoing Clinton white house;   http://www.stentorian.com/kyoto/
    Volcanic eruptions have been going on FOREVER, they are 100% guaranteed to happen again and NO SCIENTIST can say with much authority that the next eruption would be big or small. A medium sized eruption like Krakatoa [ in historical perspective it wasn't a particularly massive eruption ] would do massive and rapid change to the environment.
    It's a bogus crusade by a washed up loser and national embarrassment. Don't buy into the trendy notion that global warming is the end of us all, it isn't true, it hasn't been proven and it's likely to be offset by natural processes if it is. Weathermen usually can't predict weather more than 2-3 weeks out. "Scientist" pushing this as a sky is falling thing can't be trusted any more than big oil companies as they usually are pushing a agenda on the payroll of somebody somewhere.

Last edited by yerded (2006-05-29 23:43:21)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6663
I'm trying to warn you all about man bear pig and I'm super serial but nobody will listen to me and I'm serial.
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6672|United States of America
But Global warming will make the already endangered Yetti become extinct.  Thats why I support Global cooling.  Penguins are neat and should be indigenous to Hawaii. 

Now go forth and release ice cubes into the ocean with me.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6781|Dallas
OHH GOD!!!! 

Glaciers that have been around for hundreds of years have melted in under 40, but it's no biggy.  Scientists have NO IDEA what they are talking about.  Especailly after they watched a chunk of ice the size of Manhatten break off from Antartica and float away, I mean come on, that happens EVERY DAY!  Smog is just a bi-product of people farting, cars actually emit a nice flowery smell that makes grass grow.  The Hudson river caught on fire?  Ohh that happens every couple of hundred years. 

Global Warming is a myth.  Duh.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS
Did someone say dipshit? Yes! Me!

What an idiot - good thing he didn't get the top job.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
yerded
Bertinator

Cougar wrote:

OHH GOD!!!! 

Glaciers that have been around for hundreds of years have melted in under 40, but it's no biggy.  Scientists have NO IDEA what they are talking about.  Especailly after they watched a chunk of ice the size of Manhatten break off from Antartica and float away, I mean come on, that happens EVERY DAY!  Smog is just a bi-product of people farting, cars actually emit a nice flowery smell that makes grass grow.  The Hudson river caught on fire?  Ohh that happens every couple of hundred years. 

Okay, sinse your obviously a deep thinker, what about my overall point of naturally correcting volcanic eruptions? Did you actually read any of the articles I gave links to that lend academic argument to what I'm saying or do you just reach for the - karma button the way most guys hit pagedown to punish?
     Last time I looked, the glaciers had carved out the Yosemite Valley, but they all melted away 20000 years before the car age. And came back some, and melted again, and so on and so on.
     So the glaciers are melting a little, BFD. As my post states, it is a cyclical thing, no action of man, and certainly any pinhead like al gore ( man not worthy of caps ) will do a damn thing to alter it as far as can be proven. But, don't let that stop you. A fact to a liberal is like kryptonite to superman.

You should be VERY afraid of the magnetic poles shifting ( this was predicted by famous seer Edgar Casey; he said the Great Lakes would drain and the ocean levels would rise by about 1000 feet ), as this has been proved to have happened. It could cause sudden, massive destruction the likes of which mankind has yet to see. You should be VERY afraid of a asteroid impact as we probably wouldn't see the doomsday asteroid until it hit. You should be terrified of a bird flu pandemic. You should be mildly alarmed at how fast a solar flare could fry you. But global warming as caused by man? No its a suckers cause.
     Shithead politicians LOVE IT when boneheaded youths such as yourself pick a phoney issue of thier conncoction to get rallied around; it diverts attention from the really destructive and corrupt things they do.
     Yup, they got you exactly where they want you.
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6729|Wherever the F**k i feel like
YOU GUYS IM SUPER CEREAL!!!!! *TEARS* (i kinda feel bad for this guy)
Spark
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS

yerded wrote:

Cougar wrote:

OHH GOD!!!! 

Okay, sinse your obviously a deep thinker, what about my overall point of naturally correcting volcanic eruptions? Did you actually read any of the articles I gave links to that lend academic argument to what I'm saying or do you just reach for the - karma button the way most guys hit pagedown to punish?
     Last time I looked, the glaciers had carved out the Yosemite Valley, but they all melted away 20000 years before the car age. And came back some, and melted again, and so on and so on.
     So the glaciers are melting a little, BFD. As my post states, it is a cyclical thing, no action of man, and certainly any pinhead like al gore ( man not worthy of caps ) will do a damn thing to alter it as far as can be proven. But, don't let that stop you. A fact to a liberal is like kryptonite to superman.

You should be VERY afraid of the magnetic poles shifting ( this was predicted by famous seer Edgar Casey; he said the Great Lakes would drain and the ocean levels would rise by about 1000 feet ), as this has been proved to have happened. It could cause sudden, massive destruction the likes of which mankind has yet to see. You should be VERY afraid of a asteroid impact as we probably wouldn't see the doomsday asteroid until it hit. You should be terrified of a bird flu pandemic. You should be mildly alarmed at how fast a solar flare could fry you. But global warming as caused by man? No its a suckers cause.
     Shithead politicians LOVE IT when boneheaded youths such as yourself pick a phoney issue of thier conncoction to get rallied around; it diverts attention from the really destructive and corrupt things they do.
     Yup, they got you exactly where they want you.
What?

I thought he was being sarcastic, although...

I'm confused now.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
yerded
Bertinator
I don't think so, sarcastic yes, but in a mocking sort of way.

Last edited by yerded (2006-05-30 00:07:37)

Spark
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS
Speaking of icebergs... Here's a big one. The biggest ever - about the size of Delaware + Rhode Island.
~ Richard Feynman
yerded
Bertinator
Should I start building an Ark?
Again, part of the natural ebb and flow of the Earth. One good blast from a medium sized volcano and new vast ice sheets will spread. Thanks for registering your opinion on my topic. 
     "He knows changes aren't permanent...but change is."
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6827|NÃ¥rvei

Anybody noticed the superkaldera in the Yosemite national park, when that erupts it will blow with the force equal to Hiroshima *1000 - or the end of the USA as we know it.

The scary part is that the ground in the park is moving and it has been registered a highdifference of 2 meters at some locations .....

True or false ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Spark
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS

Varegg wrote:

Anybody noticed the superkaldera in the Yosemite national park, when that erupts it will blow with the force equal to Hiroshima *1000 - or the end of the USA as we know it.

The scary part is that the ground in the park is moving and it has been registered a highdifference of 2 meters at some locations .....

True or false ?
Understatement.

Big understatement.

No-one knows how big the Yellowstone magma chamber is - the REALLY big one was so big that it screws over all the scales. That's big.

The US - or the majority of it - would be covered in ash. Wiping out electricity and causing a helluva lot of respitory problems - overwhelming a crippled hospital system. Never mind growing crops.

The rest of the world - well, look up 'volcanic winter' for a few thousand years. The last supereruption (Toba) kept the human population at a few thousand for a verry loooooooong time. Temperatures dropping means that crop production worldwide would plummet. More like the 'end of the world as we know it'.

But the 2m thing - no reason to get excited about it.  The nature of Yellowstone means that it is constantly rising and falling in areas - the place has been like that as long as it has. It is no indication of anything, really - except that it is a geologically active place.

Last edited by Spark (2006-05-30 01:26:00)

~ Richard Feynman
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6573
We NEED TO KILL YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK BEFORE IT REALIZES ITS POWER! IT WILL GET OUT OF CONTROL!! X_X

Last edited by Xietsu (2006-05-30 02:19:20)

Spark
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS

Xietsu wrote:

We NEED TO KILL YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK BEFORE IT REALIZES ITS POWER! IT WILL GET OUT OF CONTROL!! X_X
It kinda realised its power a few hundred million years ago >_<
~ Richard Feynman
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6854
he had 8 years to do something, nothing got done. But its still a free country, let him talk.
Random-Hero58
+10|6576|TX
Al Gore is a moron. He is an elitest snob, he tells us how we should live our lifes, yet doesn't practice what he preaches. His flying around all over the world promoting his stupid movie pollutes more than an entire year of driving my gas guzzling truck.

Hey look now, Gore is predicting the end of civilization! http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/5028470.stm
yerded
Bertinator

Spark wrote:

Xietsu wrote:

It kinda realised its power a few hundred million years ago >_<
Then why has the level of the caldera risen 12 feet in the last twenty years? It appears to be reacting to building pressure. Also, many don't know that Idaho has aw some soil for growing potatoes because it used to be right where Yellowstone is now.

I'd like to thank all the anonymous negative karmas leavers, no reason, no comment, just a ding. It must suck to have your blind allegiance to that buttheads doomsday scare tactics shaken.
skratch-x
+25|6653|NY, USA

Xietsu wrote:

pre-emptive strike ftw
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6739|Indianapolis, IN
About global warming, did not some Japanese scientist come out with a study that some ozone holes could recover over time.  I can not find the specific article right now but here are a few:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 … 093645.htm

http://www.70south.com/latest-antarctic … n-expected

Here is the article:
http://www.enn.com/today.html?id=10501
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6788|Atlanta, GA USA

The_Mob_Returns wrote:

Here is the article:
http://www.enn.com/today.html?id=10501
They're not allowed to print that!  It implies that the ozone situation is improving, which defeats their case!
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6854

Varegg wrote:

True or false ?
I don't know about the 2m thing but the rest of it is right.

And it wouldn't just mess up the US, it would be really close to an ELE event, depending on how large the magma chamber is and how much lava is vented during the eruption.

It's one of the things I pray for late at night.  It would put all the other garbage crap we bitch about in to rapid perspective in a damn hurry.

Gun and knife control don't mean a damn thing when you are trying to survive from one day to the next.
Erkut.hv
+124|6752|California

skratch-x wrote:

Xietsu wrote:

pre-emptive strike ftw
If we don't hit Yellowstone first, the terrorists win....
ghettoperson
+1,943|6666

Burning_Monkey wrote:

Varegg wrote:

True or false ?

And it wouldn't just mess up the US, it would be really close to an ELE event, depending on how large the magma chamber is and how much lava is vented during the eruption.

It's one of the things I pray for late at night.  It would put all the other garbage crap we bitch about in to rapid perspective in a damn hurry.

Gun and knife control don't mean a damn thing when you are trying to survive from one day to the next.
Or it would mean more, as you'd have more desperate people willing to kill for food and shelter.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6854

ghettoperson wrote:

Burning_Monkey wrote:

Varegg wrote:

True or false ?

Or it would mean more, as you'd have more desperate people willing to kill for food and shelter.
Estimates I have seen for death totals would mean that you probably wouldn't have to worry about killing for shelter.

Killing for food is a different matter and I mean killing then eating the person.   Mmmm, long pork, the other white meat.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard