uziq
+492|3443
engineer has hard time grasping complexity in breaking news shocker.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
hipster has hard time grasping that other people have different opinions shocker
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

You're not much in a position to make gotchas about people traveling under strict testing and quarantine considering the sometimes inconsistent position you hold on the vaccines.

Opinion is whether or not you like the color blue on a house. Someone's lay opinion on the efficacy of a vaccine for a deadly disease doesn't really amount to much, and it's particularly painful hearing this sort of thing from a self-professed "scientist."

I guess we only need 10-20 books about virology as well. Nothing to add!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I said its about who people trust, not about lay opinions of anything.

After the whole WMD thing is it surprising people aren't full of blind trust?
uziq
+492|3443
hwhahahahahaa

yeah i refuse to get a vaccine which has been approved by multiple regulators around the world because … we invaded iraq under a false pretext.

you are a fucking crank. you forgot to mention israel!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Govt and all their experts told me Saddam had WMDs - it was a 'slam dunk' if I remember correctly.

Govt and all their experts tell me to take a vaccine, its a 'slam dunk' apparently.

You can see why not everyone goes for it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Now tell us why 35% of Israelis won't take the vaccine when they've been awash with them for months, Mongolia is ahead of them FFS

Is it all the inbreeding or the religious brainwashing?
Larssen
+99|1878
It's a good thing you don't read history books dilbert. God knows how your mindset would've been affected by reading about stuff like Watergate.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Whats more interesting is the corrupt Vietnamese govts the the corrupt US govts inc Nixon supported.
Watergate was relatively trivial.

No wonder the Vietnamese preferred communism.
uziq
+492|3443

Dilbert_X wrote:

Govt and all their experts told me Saddam had WMDs - it was a 'slam dunk' if I remember correctly.

Govt and all their experts tell me to take a vaccine, its a 'slam dunk' apparently.

You can see why not everyone goes for it.
you do realise vaccine trials are published in peer-reviewed, publicly available journals right? and i mean hundreds, if not thousands, of articles by now.

the intelligence community is secretive and beholden to no one. the complete opposite of good science.

you are a fucking crank.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Once again you're wholly out of touch with how the average person thinks.

Do I trust my leader [Y/N]

You're a fucking blinkered shut-in who is ignorant of how people think and the world works.
uziq
+492|3443
dilbert: everyone is an idiot, only i am smarts.
also dilbert: i agree with people’s anti-expert sentiments. israel iraq jews WMDs pizzagate

LOL ‘shut-in’. take a long hard look at yourself and consider your choice of words. you’re calling someone who is living 10,000km away from home a ‘shut-in’. meanwhile you cry out for mummy because those boys were mean to you at boarding school in 1982.

Last edited by uziq (2021-07-24 18:12:19)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The fact is you're completely out of touch with reality and routinely blindsided by what happens in the real world.

I'm sure what happened in 1066 is very interesting but not awfully helpful today.

Now explain based on your reading of papers about Cicero why Israel has stalled at 65% vaccination and why the Russian vaccine seems to be causing Covid deaths.

https://i.imgur.com/k0Wq09r.png
uziq
+492|3443
the russian vaccine didn't go through the same approval and regulatory process as the major ones being distributed in the west (and australia). moot point. whatever next: let's not take the pfizer because the sinovac doesn't work? makes perfect sense.

why are you reading dark and ominous conspiracy in vaccine uptake levels? in countries all around the world, including non-jewish european ones, y'know, young people are not turning up for vaccines. they've been dissuaded by too much talk of side-effects in the young and by a sense that covid just isn't a threat to them.

short of mandating vaccines or introducing measures to highly incentivize getting them, i'm not sure you can really expect 90%+ of a population to voluntarily take anything. a certain percentage of the population, especially young and healthy people, are too lazy to even have a routine dental or doctor check-up. no shit! maYbE tHe vAcciNes dn'T worK!!

Last edited by uziq (2021-07-24 19:05:08)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Was expecting a response fully referenced to the Naturalis Historia in the original Lorem Ipsum there.
uziq
+492|3443
i don't have a classics degree ...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

I'd like to point out that some young people in the states can't even afford medical and dental checkups every few years, let alone annually. But I'm guessing you were talking about real countries and not the yee-haw shit going on here.
uziq
+492|3443
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ … protesters

oh look. white australians behaving badly.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

"Austraila had this beat in 2020! It's the Indians' fault it's back."
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Stupid bogans can't get hold of their drugs during the lockdown.

Mostly it is the ethnics who won't stop holding family gatherings.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-24/ … /100320358

Meanwhile China is following the coverup plan they developed for SARS - Which seemed to be a mix of animal and lab-leak sources
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … RRELL.html
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Even in movies where everyone is under high security watch in some facility where they sleep in pods and do their daily routine in white smocks, people will eventually get fed up and break out. In a country where this stuff is only loosely enforced (unless you're a brown neighborhood I guess lol), you expect "good behavior" to last going on two years? End up with an explosion of people going out and doing whatever they want out of sheer frustration, effectively kneecapping your efforts in some areas.

This stuff is a part of epidemiology. They even added compliance fatigue to plague.inc
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Good behaviour works pretty well here.

These ferals have been under lockdown four weeks, if they'd just stop having parties they'd be out of it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

This really puts the culminating effect into words. A sum of efforts to fold the virus into partisan politics.

In Alabama and Louisiana, partisan opposition to vaccine surges alongside Delta variant
Many people are turning down Covid vaccines because they are angry that President Donald Trump lost the election and sick of Democrats thinking they know what’s best.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/2 … ral-500717

SHEFFIELD, Ala. — George Grabryan and Mike Melton have been helping people here on the bank of the Tennessee River survive devastating tornadoes, floods and other disasters for decades. Ask any local official in rural Lauderdale County, and they have the two emergency managers’ numbers saved in their phones — just in case.

But Covid-19 has broken those bonds. Despite Grabryan and Melton’s best efforts, only 34 percent of county residents are vaccinated, even as the highly transmissible Delta variant has driven up new infections by 300 percent in the last two weeks. Three people have died, and health officials predict that many more will follow before the summer mist lifts off the cornfields.

Many people here and elsewhere in the Southeast are turning down Covid-19 vaccines because they are angry that President Donald Trump lost the election and sick of Democrats in Washington thinking they know what’s best. State and local public health officials have struggled to combat that deep-rooted obstinance. But they don’t want more on-the-ground help from the White House, fearful it would prolong the current surge — even as the Biden administration has begun approaching southern states with offers to send federal “surge teams” on door-knocking campaigns.

The pushback from both state officials and people who refuse vaccination underscores the extent to which the federal government may never be able to convince rural, conservative populations in parts of the South to get the shot. And it raises questions about how the Biden administration will shape its response to Covid-19 over the next several months as more schools and businesses reopen and Delta spreads.

“To say that politics doesn’t play a part would be wrong,” Melton said. “I think the national figures get people talking about the vaccine and that can sometimes take the wrong fork in the road and go the wrong way.”

Local public health officials and physicians in this part of the country are convinced that they are doing everything they can to save lives — pulling 15-hour days to set up pop-up mobile vaccine units, monitor patients on respirators, and administer rounds of therapeutics. But they can only do so much. They will not go to people’s homes to try and twist their arms, they say, and they do not want federal officials to do so either.

“I don’t know going door to door would help us,” said Karen Landers, an Alabama state health officer based in Sheffield. “People in more rural areas … you’re going on to their property. It might not be the best idea to have them do that because people are protective of their privacy.”

One day last week in Sheffield, Melton and Grabryan were sitting in a large van in front of a local church. Its parking lot displayed a small white sign advertising Covid-19 vaccine to anyone who wanted it.

Only 18 people showed up. It’s been like that for weeks. At one point, Grabryan laid his head back on the van’s cushy seat, shaking it side to side. “I've been out to the funeral home for more visitations this year than I have before,” he said. “There’s no one in this area that doesn’t know someone who was affected by it.”

Grabryan can’t understand what’s holding people back. But then again, maybe he can.

The amount of misinformation and disinformation propagated on Facebook is enormous, he said, and it’s convincing people everywhere in the county that the vaccine is a government plot or unsafe for use.

“Until it starts hitting here really bad again, these people aren’t going to get the shot,” Melton added.

continues
The "door knocking" stuff mentioned is something I've heard brought up in a conspiratorial tone.

"They're gonna go door to door and force this unsafe vaccine on us!" Resonates with the whole "gobmint's gonna go door to door and take yer guns" mentality.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710
You just have to accept that these people aren't going to change their ways. It's pointless wasting your time and energy trying to help people who don't want to help themselves.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710
I just took a look at the NYT stats...

Both in the U.S. and globally, we are putting up the same number of cases now as we did in the same time in 2020. We have vaccines but that doesn't help if people refuse to take them. Ending pandemic restrictions in developed countries has resulted in big spikes in all of those places.

I don't know what we should do at this point. We can't do lockdowns again. We just need to make peace with the fact that COVID is going to continue killing tens of thousands of Americans.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard