lil_droo
+19|1465

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

LA has reinstated a mask mandate and it's already got people upset here, in OC, where there is no mask mandate.

The start of school is going to lead to so many infections. My friend who already had covid is completely fucking oblivious. His wife is a teacher, he has 1 school aged child and 2 others under 5, his grandpa died of covid, yet he and his wife won't get vaccinated "because we've already had it." Absolutely clueless
I thought ppl that had covid were still testing positive for the antibodies a year later? I could see why they might not want it

I still haven't been vaccinated but might soon. I'm honestly still a little skeptical of the vaccine cause it's a new type of mRNA shit apparently and they haven't done long term studies on side effects. On one hand there's potential long term damage from getting covid like lung damage and even neurological damage etc so it's fucked either way. I might wait till one gets full FDA approval, I know that's not 100% since they approve pretty nasty pharmaceuticals but I'd feel a little safer

Also this sounds dumb but I've been sorta against the vaccine since the beginning so I feel like if I got it I would be seen as lacking principle and ppl would talk shit like "oh ya, u finally got it aren't u glad u listened" etc. I'm stuck in a shitty situation where the best option is double down on my retardedness to save face even if I'm wrong
gang shit
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

Stupid is as stupid does
Larssen
+99|1858

lil_droo wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

LA has reinstated a mask mandate and it's already got people upset here, in OC, where there is no mask mandate.

The start of school is going to lead to so many infections. My friend who already had covid is completely fucking oblivious. His wife is a teacher, he has 1 school aged child and 2 others under 5, his grandpa died of covid, yet he and his wife won't get vaccinated "because we've already had it." Absolutely clueless
I thought ppl that had covid were still testing positive for the antibodies a year later? I could see why they might not want it

I still haven't been vaccinated but might soon. I'm honestly still a little skeptical of the vaccine cause it's a new type of mRNA shit apparently and they haven't done long term studies on side effects. On one hand there's potential long term damage from getting covid like lung damage and even neurological damage etc so it's fucked either way. I might wait till one gets full FDA approval, I know that's not 100% since they approve pretty nasty pharmaceuticals but I'd feel a little safer

Also this sounds dumb but I've been sorta against the vaccine since the beginning so I feel like if I got it I would be seen as lacking principle and ppl would talk shit like "oh ya, u finally got it aren't u glad u listened" etc. I'm stuck in a shitty situation where the best option is double down on my retardedness to save face even if I'm wrong
droo in what universe do you live where casually throwing aside the collective expertise of the worldwide biochemist, virology, immunology and medical community at large feels like the right choice.

If you've ever in your life taken prescription medications you probably subjected your body to greater risks of side effects than you ever might experience from this vaccine.

I don't understand how we've all suddenly become experts on 'long term effects of vaccination'. Like wtf does that even mean. Are you scared that five years from now you'll be diagnosed with, what exactly? & how would/could that be linked to vaccination? There's no discernible serious side effects reported in the general population so far, but people would suddenly develop conditions out of the blue years after their shot?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Setting aside all of the state and federal government intervention into local education, if you get too top down with these people their reaction would be to tear down the education system for one and all. That's what happened in the south in regards to desegregation. Whites who could yank their kids out of public schools did and public schools suffered for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segregation_academy

I could see these antivax, CRT, and transphobic (secret gays) people setting up private/scam/unqualified religious schools so that they can enroll their kids away from the SJW conspiracy to hook them up to 5G or whatever. SCOTUS will uphold it as religious liberty. Poor minority children in public schools who then get defunded? Oh well try explaining disparate impact to the courts.
As I understand it, private schools still have to meet some basic curriculum requirement set by their state DOE. Although private schools get a lot of flex.

We shouldn't be scared away from important requirements or changes in mainstream education just because people who are unable to play along will go off and do their own thing. Allowing a problem to continue or worsen just to avoid confrontation with people who are worried about 5G AIDS and think aliens built the pyramids, earth is flat, etc. Too often no happy medium with people who hold extreme viewpoints. It's their way or the highway.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Larssen wrote:

lil_droo wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

droo in what universe do you live where casually throwing aside the collective expertise of the worldwide biochemist, virology, immunology and medical community at large feels like the right choice.

If you've ever in your life taken prescription medications you probably subjected your body to greater risks of side effects than you ever might experience from this vaccine.

I don't understand how we've all suddenly become experts on 'long term effects of vaccination'. Like wtf does that even mean. Are you scared that five years from now you'll be diagnosed with, what exactly? & how would/could that be linked to vaccination? There's no discernible serious side effects reported in the general population so far, but people would suddenly develop conditions out of the blue years after their shot?
You don't understand, though. People got a feeling. If an expert speaks out against their feeling or is quoted as, then you get the passive-aggressive "I just guess I'm dumb, they know everything I know nothing, then. I'm not allowed to have an opinion."

"Oh So DoCtOrS hAvE NevEr MaDe a MisTaKe?!"

Looking for a second opinion isn't innately a bad thing. It's just that you should probably consult with people who have an inkling of what they're talking about, and not formulate your decision on things from vaccines to cancer treatment advice from tinfoil websites, newsmax, and your crazy uncle Jeb on facebook.

After watching conservative commentators (who have gotten their jabs on the sly by the way) for several months, some in my family have decided that they don't trust the vaccines and will "wait for more info," if they even get it at all. Hannity recently implored viewers to take the virus seriously, sandwiched in between antivax segments. Mind-blowing.

Meanwhile, people on their death beds begging for the vaccine while being intubated. Doc has to go "sorry, too late."

Droo, I don't see what you possibly have to gain from doubling down on something that you admit to knowing is wrong? Being stubborn and dumb isn't innately better than being dumb.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

I'm sure the THC concentrate droolz smokes has gone through the same rigorous scientific review the vaccines have gone through. He's just being consistent.
lil_droo
+19|1465

Larssen wrote:

lil_droo wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Dude there has been side effects already, maybe not super common but it's there. Shit instagram was apparently ghosting random girls posts that were talking about side effects messing with their menstrual cycle.

Btw I'm not saying it's horrible just that there's still some unknowns and it's a new type of vaccine. Its mRNA. Not like a polio vax bro

Last edited by lil_droo (2021-07-22 19:37:35)

gang shit
lil_droo
+19|1465

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I'm sure the THC concentrate droolz smokes has gone through the same rigorous scientific review the vaccines have gone through. He's just being consistent.
I don't smoke that much weed anymore but when I do it's usually just flower

With that said I quit smoking cigs so I use disposable ecigs now like the puffbar and hyype bar etc. These things are made in Shenzhen including the juice lol. Like I might as well vape a random chemical that some dude on the streets of China offered me. Pretty retarded but ya
gang shit
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
I wish I could count the number of times people who allegedly have serious reservations about this wild, new, experimental vaccine with it's different mRNA technology and ask those people what mRNA does. Having taught students in biology classes, who have stupid fucking answers to questions about things they've literally read/been lectured on, I don't have high regard for the general public's understanding.

I grant, I'm not a virology or vaccine expert, but I'll defer to the people who are (even if we say big pharma = big bad) over some youtube person or a guy in a pickup truck cab. There's sufficient supporting data to say it's safe, and it's not like it's suuuuuper-experimental enough that the long term risks are everyone drops dead in exactly 10 years like some sci-fi shit. Real science is frequently boring, methodical, and unsurprising.
uziq
+492|3423
remember drooz, we don’t know the long-term effects of wifi or 3G/4G/5G yet either!!! throw away ur devices!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

So droo isn't antivax, he's just being cautious. No doubt influenced by space junk within the gravity well of anti-vaxxers' conspiracy theories.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

DesertFox- wrote:

I wish I could count the number of times people who allegedly have serious reservations about this wild, new, experimental vaccine with it's different mRNA technology and ask those people what mRNA does. Having taught students in biology classes, who have stupid fucking answers to questions about things they've literally read/been lectured on, I don't have high regard for the general public's understanding.

I grant, I'm not a virology or vaccine expert, but I'll defer to the people who are (even if we say big pharma = big bad) over some youtube person or a guy in a pickup truck cab. There's sufficient supporting data to say it's safe, and it's not like it's suuuuuper-experimental enough that the long term risks are everyone drops dead in exactly 10 years like some sci-fi shit. Real science is frequently boring, methodical, and unsurprising.
Does this check out?

https://i.imgur.com/C6C6V9E.jpg
Larssen
+99|1858

lil_droo wrote:

Larssen wrote:

lil_droo wrote:

Dude there has been side effects already, maybe not super common but it's there. Shit instagram was apparently ghosting random girls posts that were talking about side effects messing with their menstrual cycle.

Btw I'm not saying it's horrible just that there's still some unknowns and it's a new type of vaccine. Its mRNA. Not like a polio vax bro
Do you have a menstrual cycle?

How exactly would an mrna based vaccine be dangerous?

You do realise there's also the astrazeneca jab which is based on widely used science right. Adenovirus vector. The side effects there are worse than the mrna one. And by worse I mean mild fever.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
The Northern Territory Chief Minister has accused a group of travellers of putting lives at risk after they allegedly tried to avoid going into quarantine by falsely claiming they had not recently been in the declared COVID-19 hotspot of Melbourne.

"I'm furious that six wankers from Melbourne thought they could gamble with Territory lives for a holiday and a wedding," Michael Gunner said.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-23/ … /100319366
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Does this check out?

In a Big Bang Theory buzzword gatekeepy sort of way, I suppose.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Does this check out?

Ask them what they think of the Resonance Cascade that destroyed Black Mesa research facility.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I think the quiz (not mine) does a good, if blunt job at reminding people that they don't know what they're talking about in terms of virology, immunology, etc. just because they read some scary names for salts and sugars on a facebook post about vaccine contents.

Some amount of gatekeeping should be present in terms of combating detrimental advice, although people who've fallen into conspiracy stuff will probably just double-down rather than admit they might've been misled.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Setting aside all of the state and federal government intervention into local education, if you get too top down with these people their reaction would be to tear down the education system for one and all. That's what happened in the south in regards to desegregation. Whites who could yank their kids out of public schools did and public schools suffered for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segregation_academy

I could see these antivax, CRT, and transphobic (secret gays) people setting up private/scam/unqualified religious schools so that they can enroll their kids away from the SJW conspiracy to hook them up to 5G or whatever. SCOTUS will uphold it as religious liberty. Poor minority children in public schools who then get defunded? Oh well try explaining disparate impact to the courts.
As I understand it, private schools still have to meet some basic curriculum requirement set by their state DOE. Although private schools get a lot of flex.

We shouldn't be scared away from important requirements or changes in mainstream education just because people who are unable to play along will go off and do their own thing. Allowing a problem to continue or worsen just to avoid confrontation with people who are worried about 5G AIDS and think aliens built the pyramids, earth is flat, etc. Too often no happy medium with people who hold extreme viewpoints. It's their way or the highway.
I genuinely don't believe that it is possible to ever convince the pig people you work with to change their opinions. Scientific term vocabulary test aren't going to convince them because they operate on emotion and feelings. I don't think we can EdUcAtIoN rEfOrM away the nihilism of the right wing. And messing with their kids is just going to make them worse.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

To an extent, I agree. That doesn't mean I'm going to bend over backwards to coddle them in their insular viewpoints and be a part of fostering that stuff for generations to come.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
To some extent emotion and feeling are valid bases for taking decisions.

Do I trust Trump, the WHO, even Fauci, to tell the truth and recommend whats in my personal best interests? Not really.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Clarification: emotion and feeling can be subjective reasons for decisions. They can still be based off of falsehoods and antivaxxer nonsense or concerns with antivaxxer DNA.

Your gut feeling that the aliens built pyramids or that vaccines cause magnetism doesn't make any of that true. How many people had gut feelings about witches back in the good ol' witch hunting heyday?
uziq
+492|3423

Dilbert_X wrote:

The Northern Territory Chief Minister has accused a group of travellers of putting lives at risk after they allegedly tried to avoid going into quarantine by falsely claiming they had not recently been in the declared COVID-19 hotspot of Melbourne.

"I'm furious that six wankers from Melbourne thought they could gamble with Territory lives for a holiday and a wedding," Michael Gunner said.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-23/ … /100319366
we should confine people to their postcodes as well as locking down borders. everyone should move back in with their parents and breastfeed because 5 people were dishonest. human beings are stupid little creatures and we cannot trust them with themselvesssss
uziq
+492|3423

Dilbert_X wrote:

Do I trust Trump, the WHO, even Fauci, to tell the truth and recommend whats in my personal best interests? Not really.

it’s a question of motivations and ideologies. the WHO might have been politically compromised (although in the main probably not) – but, dr fauci? why would appointed scientific advisors mislead people? in such a dangerous way?

dilbert: we need a technocracy led by scientific experts.
also dilbert: scientists have emotions, i don’t trust their leadership.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You're right, everyone should up and relocate at least 1,000 miles every six months or so.
If they can commit to travel to at least 10 places outside a 100 mile radius every week that would also help.

That'll stop a transmissible disease in its track.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

it’s a question of motivations and ideologies. the WHO might have been politically compromised (although in the main probably not) – but, dr fauci? why would appointed scientific advisors mislead people? in such a dangerous way?

dilbert: we need a technocracy led by scientific experts.
also dilbert: scientists have emotions, i don’t trust their leadership.
Someone who said it was worth risking a pandemic is an idiot.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard