Gl
Hf
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6101|eXtreme to the maX
Why me

Hi All,

I am not sure what information and issue to start with, but:

In regard of Internal calibration either for Internal used or for Customer they are under guide line of: “The method used for calibration or verification should be generally based on the requirements of ISO9001 and ISO10012  under PROC-0158 “.

Any Calibration points or Method of calibration and tolerances defined by manufacture’s specification or Design/User’s define ( which we can introduced / provide these points if our products/specs).

Every Verification or Calibration for the equipment or product must have the PROC number. The product or all equipment / product which are tested and calibrated which having the PROC-xxx are normal. The “Calibration or Testing” under PROC must stay because we did all that.

The Calibration test report and Manufacturing certificate had been tested / calibrated under the Internal calibration method and all equipment used traceable by NATA, NMI, SI, etc.

Suggest: The 2 document above should include the PROC number in:
a.    Calibration test report: TEST Method ( Adding “under PROC-xxxx” at the end of High Voltage Probe )

b.    Manufacturing certificate: Compliance at time of Manufacture ( Equipment ID:____________ and  “under PROC-yyyy.”  complies with the applicable <Business Unit> Quality Management Documents during manufacture “ Removed the Red highlight”.

For all <Business Unit> products we may not have all the original Design / Product Specs but we did tested / Calibrated both manufacturing and provide the calibration certification to the customers (<Business Unit> Test Lab ). So, if you asked what/where the specs / requirement’s come from to do the test / calibration? They are must be in the PROC and The Calibration test report and Manufacturing certificate.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-07-05 01:11:48)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6767|PNW

Is this a reasonable request? If it's too much work for the current team, are they going to hire more people?

Social media is full of stories about people quitting jobs because the higher ups want them to do the jobs of multiple people for 80+ hour weeks at low pay with shady or no overtime. Sometimes after being told in the hiring process "let us know if this is too much and we can hire assistants," (they don't).
uziq
+492|3448
this sort of responsibility creep was endemic last year during full covid work-from-home.

the crazy thing is now managers are trying to repackage WFH as a 'privilege' that people can 'access'.

you mean to say the workers that kept your business viable from their kitchen tables for the last 15 months are now 'privileged' to continue working for you?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6767|PNW

PeOplE DoN'T wAnT to WoRk AnyMoRe! UBI bAd!

Honestly if I was a purely office-type business, I would jump at the opportunity to downsize into a smaller building and have more people WFH if they want. Call it a benefit. As long as they're doing all the work expected, I couldn't care less if they're playing Tetris or spending time with kids/pets on "company time." In fact, I would rather them be more comfortable at home than surreptitiously sneaking in facebook time or solitaire at "the office."

Some of the tasks I had in office jobs had lots of downtime where I had to find something else to do to alleviate boredom anyway.
uziq
+492|3448
people work 60 hours a week, unproductively, and take measurable decades off their life with stress.

we pollute the environment by commuting, so that we can gossip around the water cooler and bitch about property prices in our overcrowded commercial centres.

you love to see it!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3715
I think getting up and out of the house is good for people.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3448
yes, it really is. leaving the house for leisure is better than leaving it for work.

imagine! free time! to associate with other people! to pursue hobbies! wow!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6767|PNW

People used to seeing 40 hour work weeks or less see 60 hours and think "oh shit." I see 60 hours and sometimes my first thought is "not too bad, some people would love to only have to work that" until objectivity kicks in and reminds me that the 14-16 hour days I used to have on the regular are Not Ideal.

Toxic work ethic won't earn you meaningful respect from your employers. They'll just wring as much (free) labor out of you as they can get away with, and then discard you when convenient. Happened to people in the previous two generations of my family. American capitalism is cancer.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Re my original post: Its a simple admin issue and no work is required by anyone except by me, but I can't fathom what my colleague is saying so I'm stuck.
Amazing how someone can come here as a small child and 40 years later not be able to communicate in the local language.
Also my manager fucked up the original work which doesn't help and he's trying to fix it without making himself look like a complete idiot which is proving hard.

Otherwise:

I think the pandemic has made a lot of people realise:

Their employer wouldn't blink if they died tomorrow

They need a lot less money to live on than they thought they did

They could die tomorrow so why give their life to some creep employer?

Working a five day week is often unproductive and pointless.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-06/ … /100270388

I'm working a 4 day week, I've not discussed with my manager if he likes it or not, my manager is a pussy and won't say boo to a goose - but he does get snide an whingy now and then which is annoying. His manager is a nationally recognised cunt and he can go fuck himself but so far he hasn't bothered me.
Either way if they don't like what I'm doing they can both get fucked and I'll do something else.
My predecessor, who is also my successor and is still there, completely failed to do what I've achieved so they need me more than I need them.
Forever I'll be able to say that to replace me they needed to hire two people one of whom is me.

Its a great work dynamic and I'm enjoying it.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-07-06 02:51:44)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3715

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

People used to seeing 40 hour work weeks or less see 60 hours and think "oh shit." I see 60 hours and sometimes my first thought is "not too bad, some people would love to only have to work that" until objectivity kicks in and reminds me that the 14-16 hour days I used to have on the regular are Not Ideal.

Toxic work ethic won't earn you meaningful respect from your employers. They'll just wring as much (free) labor out of you as they can get away with, and then discard you when convenient. Happened to people in the previous two generations of my family. American capitalism is cancer.
Join an union. Work for the government. I feel like my job and union (screenwriters guild) are fair.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire
You ruined the simpsons
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Today the health and safety manager wore a mask for a zoom meeting.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6767|PNW

This kind of thing was going around last year. https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lif … r-BB17N5pi

Maybe your health guy is doing the "set an example thing," to continue the effort to normalize this stuff. Not a fan of having to wear one alone at home on a zoom meeting though. Just seems excessive, or wasteful if a disposable mask.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire
Implying people don't reuse a disposable mask
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6680|United States of America
Maybe it's because my mom went crazy sewing masks to sell when this all kicked off, but I'd only worn like 3 disposable masks and have worn washable fabric kinds every other time.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6767|PNW

RTHKI wrote:

Implying no such thing. I know they reuse them, sometimes to absurd and willfully-ignorant, self-defeating extents. I've seen the stains and discoloring. "Hold on while I strap several months of accumulation to my face. There, ready to face the world!"

I might remove a paper mask and put it on the center divider in between shopping and errands, but it goes in the trash at the end of the day. I buy them by the box at the drug store for almost as little as you can get those pitiful packs at checkout stands.

DesertFox- wrote:

Maybe it's because my mom went crazy sewing masks to sell when this all kicked off, but I'd only worn like 3 disposable masks and have worn washable fabric kinds every other time.
I have some of the ones with a pouch for insertable filters. Kind of fiddly sometimes though, and I guess you still need the filters for optimal function.
Larssen
+99|1883

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I don't know how that works. Putting in overtime is regrettably an expected part of what I do, and if I have days where I start working at 0900 and get off at 1930-2000, in a week that's "only" around 50-55 hrs. Those sorts of weeks I'm also eating lunch at my desk or during a meeting (if at all), so about 10-11hrs of straight productivity. If I'm unlucky there's some work left for sunday morning/evening too, so let's stretch it to 60hrs.

Only after 20.00 I'll have time to do groceries, get some cleaning done, cook food. I also usually choose to live close to my place of employment because if you still have to commute to and from home it's even worse. Mentally I'm wrecked and before I know it it's midnight and it's time to get some sleep. Weekends I'm just tired and happy if I can get some exercise in or see friends.

I've done this at the longest for a stretch of ~2 maybe 3 months. Wasn't great for my mental or physical wellbeing and my apartment turned into a pigsty. 60hrs of work, where you have to put in overtime to meet pressing deadlines, is stressful and incredibly taxing. Prolonged periods of this 'lifestyle' is a recipe for burnout. Hasn't happened to me, but seen quite a few colleagues go that way. Esp. if you have a kid or relationship to take care of on top of this, it's just a little too much.

Last edited by Larssen (2021-07-07 10:05:07)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6767|PNW

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

Implying no such thing.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

or wasteful if a disposable mask.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6767|PNW

RTHKI wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

Implying no such thing.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

or wasteful if a disposable mask.
Meaning what, exactly? What have I been expertly caught at here?

Wearing a disposable mask, at home, alone, for a zoom meeting seems wasteful if you're just going to chuck it after, and I think the message of encouragement kind of gets tangled up in how silly it looks. Changing out your disposable mask because you've been using it for awhile is how disposable masks work. I have cloth masks with filter insert pouches, but am not always in supply of filters. If I don't have any filters, or all my cloth masks are in the wash, I'll wear a disposable mask, and discard it when I'm done. Not toss it in the glove compartment so I can continually wear it for weeks and weeks.

Wow.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3715
It's a good thing we banned plastic bags and straws in order to make room in the ocean for face mask and hand sanitizer.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6767|PNW

I recall a political cartoon or webcomic where the rats were using them as hammocks.

I don't think much of my trash goes into the ocean. Mostly landfill. If I ever move to China, Indonesia, or the Philippines, you can poll me on that again. I think those are like the top three dumpers?

I don't litter and my garbage is secure up to the point it's picked up. The masks I used aren't blowing around parking lots and into waterways, and I recycle what I can. The bags I get I reuse as trash bags. Large entities like governments, industries, and corporations laying all the guilt on individuals is a meme. "Heat wave is on, so to save power: turn your AC up to the hottest setting this summer while we run our Vegas-rivalling skyscraper lights and sit comfortably in our wealthy, air-conditioned homes and offices." I think we could use our reliance on many unnecessary plastics and packaging reexamined, though.

Going back to primitive living probably isn't a sustainable option for all of nearly 8 billion people, either. Or even legal. Imagine 300 million Americans all taking up a hermit lifestyle in our national parks to fish out the country's lakes and rivers for sustenance. All of America becoming trailer nomads, hunting wild game to extinction and being chased from forest to forest by beleaguered park rangers. lol
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6627|949

Plastic bag and straw bans were always attempts by capital interests to offload environmental responsibility onto the common folk. Don't feed into their bullshit, dude.

That's a response to Macbeth. Too lazy to edit and quote on my phone.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6767|PNW

It's adorable, isn't it. Giant polluting company puts a green leaf on their logo for earth day or whatever. "We care about the planet, but you selfish peons are sucking Pepsi through plastic straws."

And then "we selfish peons" henpeck and cancel each other over it on social media.

Meanwhile, let's take a look at some of the donations going to politicians who block or repeal environmental regulations. Also work that gets moved to countries with little to no environmental regulations (yo, shipbreaker industry).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard